MakeWebGames

MWG Closing Down - April 30th 2024

3 hours ago, SRB said:

I have no mods in a market to monetise this, but if the money from the engine is not that much, at least not enough to motivate you to want to bother, would you not be better off making it open source, potentially?

Ironically this is exactly my current thought, providing it as paid means people expect support for things which is where I don't have the time. I'll grab the MCCodes domain of Kunal and put up something simple.

3 hours ago, SRB said:

It's crazy to think I've been around these boards for 18 years. 18. damn. years.

This is a case for lots of the older folks who still browse here! I'm at ~16 years on this forum, pretty crazy that people stuck around.

• Like 3

Awesome stuff @Dayo!

On 4/12/2024 at 1:00 PM, Uridium said:

FoohonPie your name is disturbing not sure why but it is hope your hearts content is with MWG

This made me laugh.  Hopefully you don't find me to be as disturbing as my name made you feel!

On 4/12/2024 at 1:47 PM, ags_cs4 said:

lol dont worry i'v been part of PBBG community and his own game for years and he's a great guy
tho im angry @FoohonPie, been a while since the last PBBG podcast

I appreciate that. 😄  And yes, it's been awhile indeed. 😮 😅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rockwood said:

Nice we are still alive 

😂 Foohon now gets to decide the fate.

The hosting accounts will go offline tomorrow, the marketplace will migrate to @Dayos new site.

• Like 1

All Hosting accounts have now been suspended, I have backups of everyone's accounts which were active up until this point and they can be requested directly from me.

Wanted to thank everyone who bought our super cheap hosting to start their game projects, it helped MWG keep running under my ownership.

I'm not going anywhere, just stepping back from the forums and the extra avenues of revenue I created through it.

You're in safe hands with @FoohonPie, whom I am excited to see his plans for this community, and his existing community.

and @Dayo who we all know as being a stellar individual, who's supported this forum directly and made an awesome engine. His new Marketplace will have peoples previous purchases and modules too.

• Thanks 2

Alrighty all, @Dave has now formally passed me the torch.  Thanks again @Dave!

I'll be posting a new thread soon regarding longer term plans, and there may be some technical things changing behind the scenes, but for the time being the goal is to just keep things running smoothly.

With that, MWG is officially staying online! 🎉

• Like 3

R.I.P to the hosting, Its been a great few years with realiable fast simple hosting.

With that said. Where have people gone to host? Pref with Cpanel access

As to the forum, glad that will remain around as its the only forum i've ever joined and stayed and it'll be a shame if i lost this place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peterisgb said:

I'm currently with Hawk Host. They have Cpanel access and cron jobs. The few issues I did have were fixed immediately. No complaints from me at this time.

5 hours ago, peterisgb said:

R.I.P to the hosting, Its been a great few years with realiable fast simple hosting.

As to the forum, glad that will remain around as it’s the only forum i've ever joined and stayed and it'll be a shame if i lost this place.

I could host ya for the same price and offer cPanel