MakeWebGames

What you working on?

AdamHull

This very site has been my side project for the last week or so, trying to get everything migrated and ready to go to put it online.

Apart from what my only other project has been work related in the form of the new Magento Page Builder, excited to be releasing this in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

This very site has been my side project for the last week or so, trying to get everything migrated and ready to go to put it online.

Apart from what my only other project has been work related in the form of the new Magento Page Builder, excited to be releasing this in the coming weeks.

I am very jealous you are in Barcelona ?

Let's see - well for me, I'm working on a side project called Mobster Story. Other than that, I have a few other side projects in the works, including a home-grown VoIP application, which right now is still in the bare bones development phase, but it is getting there. I know that these exist, but I do have some personal investment in this market, and with this sort of product, I could sell it for a much better price point than others could, as well as give them custom configuration options that others may not be able to do (benefits of a home-grown system).

When it comes to my work projects, I have been working on assisting in multiple large projects, including a new look/feel for our enterprise system as well as a website re-implementation. On top of which, since I work primarily for my University's financial aid office, I usually am creating programs for them to help calculate aid for students, which as you can probably imagine is quite complicated.

~G7470

Edited by G7470
  • Like 1

Hey Guys,

I'm currently working on a browser multiplayer RPG (no name yet)

Using Node.js as the server and HTML5 canvas, CSS, Javascript for the client.

The style of the game is based on another game called Tibia, a 2.5d~ tile based open world, where you can battle creatures, solo or team hunt, find and complete quests. Grind and level up to buy new weapons and equipment.

Its in very early development, to help build I am actually using Tibia's graphics as a base, of course I will hopefully have my own spritesheets but....its a big task on my own.

Ive coded this from scratch, with no external help or libraries(except for Node.js ofc).

Check out my channel here for videos and more info.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfTiD1IpXjuQxtZFN_N1tsA

Some more info at my gamedev thread here too:

https://www.gamedev.net/forums/topic/700792-html5-canvas-online-rpg-morpg/

Thanks guys,

Max

• Like 1

I co-owned a site called Flight of Dragons. We recently made the decision to shut it down. The other co-owners ended up becoming too busy on the RL side of things and with how much I've been working and trying to deal with RL stuff it just wasn't working out. 

On that note though I haven't given up developing and @Magictallguyhas been a good source of learning and continues to be so. As of right now I'm starting to learn about MVC style coding. Maybe eventually I can put out another game. I love creating and running them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Veramis said:

I co-owned a site called Flight of Dragons. We recently made the decision to shut it down. The other co-owners ended up becoming too busy on the RL side of things and with how much I've been working and trying to deal with RL stuff it just wasn't working out. 

On that note though I haven't given up developing and @Magictallguyhas been a good source of learning and continues to be so. As of right now I'm starting to learn about MVC style coding. Maybe eventually I can put out another game. I love creating and running them.

Oh that's sad, is there no way to resurrect it with new owners?

@Magictallguy is a super helpful guys and a great tutor! 

10 minutes ago, Veramis said:

As of yet no one has offered to buy it, and made a serious offer. I wouldn’t care to sell to someone that would take care of it

Why don't you run it yourself? or is there no interest in doing that?

1 hour ago, Veramis said:

Too much on my plate really, between work and other aspects of my life along with trying to learn to be a better developer.

Ah yeah, I know them feelings! I want to start up a game now, but I have a full time job and now I need to ensure MWG prospers. 

• Like 2

I just started getting back into the swing of things i do not have internet at my house anymore(will mainly be on here from mobile) but i am somewhat working on a mccodes game on an offline server mainly to make sure i dont forget how to code lol plus something to do in the little bit of free time i do have.

• Like 1

Besides work and learning new stuff I'm torn between two web games... One is ancient PHP 5.4 game towards which I have a lot of nostalgia but code base is pathetic. Another is new web game I've written on Symfony 4 but it needs so much boring work (like chat, PM, user profile and other very boring systems have to be coded). I just flip back and forth between these two...

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ironleg01 said:

Besides work and learning new stuff I'm torn between two web games... One is ancient PHP 5.4 game towards which I have a lot of nostalgia but code base is pathetic. Another is new web game I've written on Symfony 4 but it needs so much boring work (like chat, PM, user profile and other very boring systems have to be coded). I just flip back and forth between these two...

Ooh, I do that too. There's something about the dynamic between working on something old and something new

15 hours ago, WarMad said:

I just started getting back into the swing of things i do not have internet at my house anymore(will mainly be on here from mobile) but i am somewhat working on a mccodes game on an offline server mainly to make sure i dont forget how to code lol plus something to do in the little bit of free time i do have.

Let me know if you experience any issues with the mobile version, I’m using it and it seems to work okay.

I'm currently working on brand new source for YourMafia. I've tried to keep "snap-on" in mind when writing it, so anything that isn't the core can [dis|en]abled with a single click within the Administration Panel (once I've built that too).
Current progress report is available on YM:Beta's Updates page

Carnal Cove is also getting a complete refactor too. The current code's ok, but it's not my best, so I want to sort that out

1 hour ago, Nickson said:

I'm working on a better sleep pattern. Does that count too?

Have some other ideas that involve programming, but am nowhere near a start.

Yeah that counts, can be as hard as building a game. If not harder!

27 minutes ago, peterisgb said:

I've been working on a typical mccodes site for just under a year now, Was doing ok at first, working on a new template now.

Care to share the link? 

Nothing text-based game related anymore - my brother is doing something though with a much newer (albeit still 2015 - the version running VikingEra) version of Panther Engine - @Script47 is owner of the main repository now.

Right now, I'm heavily investing my time into the CryptoCurrency scene, working with a super group of individuals over at MyCrypto. I help do security their side and anti-phishing/scamming/malware within the entire ecosystem - partially achieving that with my browser extension and Medium posts.

Edited by sniko
  • Like 2