MakeWebGames

Quiet around here. Stimulus

Sim

4 hours ago, Sim said:

For the Americans here, what do yall plan on doing with your stimulus check? For me, i am debating on buying a refurbished laptop or fix my car(2008 Honda Civic).

Unless you need the portability have you though about a raspberry PI, For basic web development its actually not that bad. When i was between offices i used one for a few days to do some basic GL mods it was pretty good tbh plus a whole lot cheaper then a laptop/PC

14 minutes ago, Dayo said:

Unless you need the portability have you though about a raspberry PI, For basic web development its actually not that bad. When i was between offices i used one for a few days to do some basic GL mods it was pretty good tbh plus a whole lot cheaper then a laptop/PC

I need more then the raspberry pi like the accessories like miller keyboard and screen?

Why ain't you getting a stimulus @Dave

lol tbh i got jalouse 😄 

our country said we gona help you all and you wont lose your job in this epidemic , then 3 months later "ugh sorry guys we cant, we dont have enought money for you all, and to all who lost their jobs sorry again we cant help"

but i'v been doing better that with my last job, thanks to all who bought or had a job with me it was a great help and it was fun comming back full-time dev, i will keep doing it 🙂 

5 hours ago, ags_cs4 said:

but i'v been doing better that with my last job, thanks to all who bought or had a job with me it was a great help and it was fun comming back full-time dev, i will keep doing it 🙂 

I kinda wish i could do fulltime dev. Never can get enough wor

@Dave everyone with a social security number gets one. Even if you in jail

14 hours ago, Djkanna said:

Wait... ya'll getting free money?

Nothing is free. An increase in tax percentages when this is all over, is my guess.

Same with us in the UK - all this government funded furlough pay, and company bail outs - they're coming back around for that money when this is all over.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SRB said:

Nothing is free. An increase in tax percentages when this is all over, is my guess.

Same with us in the UK - all this government funded furlough pay, and company bail outs - they're coming back around for that money when this is all over.

Yeah I agree, it's the most likely thing to happen - same with the national payrises for *some* key workers. ( not bitter ) - it's all got to come from somewhere.

Equally the additional funding grants to the NHS & other healthcare services for C19 related services that magically appeared at the end of March.  

9 hours ago, Sim said:

Since Trump was in office, he stopped emerging other countries money. So US Americans got it finally? 🙂

Come on, you don't believe that, do you?

The foreign aid budget for America is around 50 billion, which sounds a LOT - but it's less than half a percent of your countries GDP - and nothing in comparison to the estimated 5.5 TRILLION that is already funded to support your own country.

There is no proof that Agent Orange actually stopped any funding, and we have to face a simple fact here. He was only speaking cutting foreign aid because he was talking about the cost of The Wall of Racism.

Oh, and that 50ish billion that "they gave to us Americans", was nothing in comparison to the 900 billion dished out on the original stimulus funds.

So even if we assume he DID stop foreign aid, you're at a 850 billion deficit before you pull out the big bank ledger to provide another one - your country WILL be paying that back one way or another.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 2:43 AM, Sim said:

I kinda wish i could do fulltime dev. Never can get enough wor

@Dave everyone with a social security number gets one. Even if you in jail

Everyone with a social security number does not get it. It goes off your income taxes filed in 2019. If you make less than a certain than you get it. Also doubt people in jail got it since you don’t usually file taxes in jail.

• Like 1