MakeWebGames

List of Trusted Coder and Scammers - Chosen By You

The following are people who are trusted and have done work for other people and have done it properly. It is recommended you choose either of the following for any future work. This does not

mean anyone who isn't on here isn't trustworthy or is a scammer. This is list is in to particular order, the guy at bottom is not least trusted and the guy at the top is not the most trusted.

DJKanna (DJK) - Thread One

Zettieee (Zet) - Thread One

Blade Maker - Thread One

MagicTallGuy (MTG) - Thread One (Although the OP got a bit mixed up, we know what he means. :D)

Dave Macaulay (DM) - Is a trusted member of this forum and has worked closely with the developers at MCCodes. Many people will be able to vouch for him. (HAPPY?)

More To Come!

My Personal Experiences (Taken from here, will be updated in this thread.)

So this is a list of people who I can trust without a doubt and have helped me in the past, and should be given the recognition. I just want to say, this list is not in any order but is written on how the names came to me. What I write here is select few things of the many things they have helped me with.

Nickson (Nick)

He has been extremely helpful, he was the one that gave me the confidence to post my first mod for MCCodes, also he as been very helpful over the past couple of months. He has taught me so much, and all of that is appreciated so much man. He is basically my teacher now. ;)

Alain Bertrand (Berty)

I thank Berty for all the insightful talks he has had with me I have learn't lots from them also making me move from MySQL to MySQLi and explaining all the differences.

KyleMassacre (K3)

Helped me loads in coding NWE modules, he taught me the ropes, the thing to do and not to do. Taught me some good security features using PHP. Very kind and willing to help me no matter how busy he was. An all around top guy even though he is quite an olden goldie! ;)

Sniko (Sniko__)

Sniko is always there to help me mainly checking code, or helping me with MySQLi. He has never once turned me down when I have asked him for help, and I am very thankful as he has taught me quite a bit and without him I would have known what I was doing with prepared statements in MySQLi. He's a good laugh and is always most informative. He should code a bit more TBH. :p

More To Come!

Update - 01/07/2015

Thought I'd update this as I've worked with some more people and some more experiences.

[MENTION=64684]Dayo[/MENTION] has helped me a lot with projects such as Survive and the JavaScript Form Maker I made. I trust him with source code and I know he'll give me sound advice which will help me.

[MENTION=65100]W3Theory || Peter[/MENTION] has helped me by giving me a lot of advice between the pros/cons of developing for Android vs Apple, and has helped me better my designs and given me many tips for colours I should use.

[MENTION=70485]G7470[/MENTION] a very pleasant dude, and very skillful, working with him currently on a project and his advice is always good.

Scammers

As you know sadly we have people who try take other hard work and claim it to be their own, scamming people and generally doing business in bad faith. The best way to make people aware and stop it from happening is by naming and shaming (I feel). So here goes.

DeathXXX - Thread One

MNG - Thread One

More To Come (If I find anymore)!

Edited by Script47

Not too sure if this really falls under the "Scammer" as far as the terms of taking someone else's work and posting it as your own, but I know 1 scammer on this site that rips people off by offering them hosting on his VPS then takes your money and closes the VPS.

MNG you have ripped me and several others off for the last time.

Thank you [MENTION=69670]Script47[/MENTION]. Although I am nowhere in those other guys ballpark. And I would like to name a couple for myself that are not named here so these are MY includes and I vouch for them.

[MENTION=50378]Guest[/MENTION]:

I think this guy is a genius when it comes with security and I have learned a lot from this guy. And when he does something it's usually spot on and builds it with some of the best security I have seen.

[MENTION=52003]Dave Macaulay[/MENTION]

Another pure genius right here. He has a way of thinking out things and making magic with them. He thinks outside of the box and strives to be different than anyone else here. A super friendly cat with pure elegance when it comes to everything he does.

Thank you @Script47. Although I am nowhere in those other guys ballpark. And I would like to name a couple for myself that are not named here so these are MY includes and I vouch for them.

@Guest:

I think this guy is a genius when it comes with security and I have learned a lot from this guy. And when he does something it's usually spot on and builds it with some of the best security I have seen.

@Dave Macaulay

Another pure genius right here. He has a way of thinking out things and making magic with them. He thinks outside of the box and strives to be different than anyone else here. A super friendly cat with pure elegance when it comes to everything he does.

I do tend to meow a lot whilst coding (this is a lie...) I should maybe start though!

Thank you for the recommendation :)

Cat Macaulay.

Dave Cataulay.

Dave Macat. (My personal fav)

Thanks for the mention @Script47

That's it!!!! His new name is Dave Macat <- I like that one too

Cat MacCatCat?

Does this by any chance have something to do with my naming of Milk :P

I have to say, I personally think these lists are a bad idea. Some people work behind the scenes. Don't draw attention to themselves.

Something like this tends to assure potential customers only seek out the people on this list, not giving the others a fair shot.

I have to say, I personally think these lists are a bad idea. Some people work behind the scenes. Don't draw attention to themselves.

Something like this tends to assure potential customers only seek out the people on this list, not giving the others a fair shot.

Then if people choose to stay behind the scenes, they miss out.

It's how the world works - the ones most known get most of the revenue.

I agree with Guest here, you can't expect to receive business if people don't know who you are. Having positive reviews is how we trust retailers in every day life. You'd rather purchase something from Argos then a dodgy looking ad on GumTree?

I also agree with guest and Dave if a user who has been posting and contributing to the forum activity why should they not have a slight advantage over someone who just lurks in the background (like myself nowadays).

This does not mean anyone who isn't on here isn't trustworthy or is a scammer. This is list is in to particular order, the guy at bottom is not least trusted and the guy at the top is not the most trusted.

I'm not saying the rest are scammers, but I'm not going to say people are not without proof either.

Thank you [MENTION=69670]Script47[/MENTION]. Although I am nowhere in those other guys ballpark. And I would like to name a couple for myself that are not named here so these are MY includes and I vouch for them.

[MENTION=50378]Guest[/MENTION]:

[MENTION=52003]Dave Macaulay[/MENTION]

No problem pal. :) I was going to mention them, but it got late last night haha and I was tired, will do some more later!

Cat Macaulay.

Dave Cataulay.

Dave Macat. (My personal fav)

Thanks for the mention [MENTION=69670]Script47[/MENTION]

No problem dude! :)

• 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...