MakeWebGames

Collaborators towards the v3 engine

To speed up the progress, enhance the ideas and innovation as well driving team motivational work, we have decided to welcome Harry (Alias Sniko) and David (Alias: Dave) into the development team of MCCode engine v3 (which has been in development for [i lost count] number of years).

There are now 4 of us working on the v3 engine (Dabomstew, David, Harry and myself).

We are all independent developers and do this because we love it.

Let the fun begin!

IMHO this should of been done years ago when the market for game engines was much smaller, if there are 4 of you making it you need to cover the costs of that, so the price will just go up. And even if you charge $50 there are other engines out that are cheaper and/or better. For example why should I buy v3 over nwe it took you 2/3 years to patch v2 and it takes Alan a few days/weeks (not sure but a hell of a lot faster then 2 years). I'm sorry but there has been nothing that has made me want to go out and buy mccodes nor ever will be.

But good luck with it.

IMHO this should of been done years ago when the market for game engines was much smaller, if there are 4 of you making it you need to cover the costs of that, so the price will just go up. And even if you charge $50 there are other engines out that are cheaper and/or better. For example why should I buy v3 over nwe it took you 2/3 years to patch v2 and it takes Alan a few days/weeks (not sure but a hell of a lot faster then 2 years). I'm sorry but there has been nothing that has made me want to go out and buy mccodes nor ever will be.

But good luck with it.

Your points are all incredibly valid, that's why we're trying to make V3 a very appealing product. The addition of myself and Sniko to the team should help push any bug fixes and updates in a timely manner.

Well I do agree with Dayo (to a point) it’s still nice to see a positive step towards a finished product after so long. I do however have to ask one question; are you starting the development again, and if so, do you have a clear timeline this time around?

Is it too soon to ask about some of the basic details of what this engine will have that may be different from V2? Im not asking for a full disclosure but maybe something along the lines of file structure or whatever your willing to share.

And a suggestion: dont use that gen url function I hated it from 2.5 lol

Edit:

Ok seriously. Given the "collaboration experience" posted about Dave recently, I can only guess what a delay cause.

You guys should just give up already, there's no more willing victims you guys can rake money out of anymore.

Edited by Spudinski

Edit:

Ok seriously. Given the "collaboration experience" posted about Dave recently, I can only guess what a delay cause.

You guys should just give up already, there's no more willing victims you guys can rake money out of anymore.

* Comes for the music.

Well here's to hoping this helps your chances of getting some progress done.

Cheers guys.

We are looking for someone who can shoot tutorial videos (screen video record + voice) of the v3 engine.

Previous experience and examples would be great.

Cannot have Australian accent. Easily understandable and clear voice. Must know the concept of browser based mmorpgs inside out.

You will be required to demonstrate:

1) Functionality (example: Template system inside the adminCP system. The entire core adminCP (broke down in little standalone videos)).

2) Code demonstration (how to build your own module (essential steps, using CRUD and other programming concepts)).

3) How to build for facebook

4) How to build for Android and iOS

5) How to submit to google play and app store.

6) much more I'm sure..

Voluntarily job. Benefits may be rewarded later on. We will teach you on how things operate before you begin shooting. We will actively help you answer questions about things. Your job will be to compile everything and demonstrate it in the video.

Message me here or email [email protected] if interested. Enclose your previous work :)

• 3 years later...
If you're willing to pay I'll make you Mccodes V3 or rather, something that is very similar to it but not quite it to avoid copyright

How can you make an almost copy of something that never existed? The best I can think of is just a clone of v2 done to current programming standards.

How can you make an almost copy of something that never existed? The best I can think of is just a clone of v2 done to current programming standards.

precisely, that's all v3 was ever going to be anyway from all the posts i read about it