MakeWebGames

New Theme

Sim

2 hours ago, Dave said:

@Dayo looks like an issue with the plug-in, I’ll look into it. I don’t think the dark mode theme works on this version so I’ll look for a new one.

I think the blue and white seems perfect. More professional for us professionals 🙂

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

@ags_cs4 @SRB I just installed a new dark theme which is compatible with the new version. You can swap to it using the "Theme" link in the footer.

@Dayo all plugins are enabled again, so the link is working once more 🙂

Dont know how long i could have done without a dark theme could feel the migraine coming. Thanks. looking good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sim said:

I think the blue and white seems perfect. More professional for us professionals 🙂

When your reading a topic at 10pm at night on your phone white is too much, plus how does the preference on dark theme make it less professional? 

32 minutes ago, Dave said:

@ags_cs4 @SRB I just installed a new dark theme which is compatible with the new version. You can swap to it using the "Theme" link in the footer.

Great work looks awesome!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sim said:

Light colors just seem more professional to me. Personal opinion

Okay, I'm going to bite.

How, in ANY capacity, is a person's choice of theme an indicator of their "professionalism'?

52 minutes ago, Dave said:

You da man!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Google - Notice in chrome, you can now select themes? Do you see their most rated theme?

image.thumb.png.62c3c65dd7c95b74b6236de0be698b37.png

Apple - Yup, they know it's what people want too, hence we can now force mac's into dark mode

image.png.f265b422608a20820f5643670a441af6.png

Microsoft - I won't post screens for this, but we have dark mode options for Skype, Office, Edge, and most things they make.

Default doesn't mean anything - it's simply the most streamlined across the board. The fact the Darcula theme is so widely used is the pivot points here.

You can google yourself, but if you ask google why more developers use dark mode than light, you'll be informed unanimously that it's due to eye strain when using bright light for prolonged periods. Darker colours overall allow the eyes to focus for longer periods, which means we can work harder, for longer - which is exactly what I would deem professionalism on a phone.

I was looking at Laravel Nova a moment ago (top right) and look how out of place that looks. Contract and brightness to my eyes just wasn't the most pleasant -- by no means am I saying white/light shouldn't be used - but options are everything - and regardless of colour, professionalism isn't something determined by the options you choose to toggle.

image.thumb.png.3a39ab9f6468d9c95065c7eb60e2c9b5.png

In case anyone wants to know, it's Watch Dogs : Legion 😛 

• Like 1

@SRB that screen hanging off the side is giving me real anxiety.

I use black mode for most things, including on my Mac, iPhone and in my editors, it's "nicer on the eyes" for the most part. Published articles seem to suggest dark mode is not necessarily always better though, so who knows: https://rxoptical.com/eye-health/is-dark-mode-better-for-your-eyes/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Script47 said:

@SRB

I'm more interested in your setup, especially the vertical screen.

What screen/mount are you using?

3 screens on desk are iMac 27inch retina (center - spec below) and 2x Dell P2415Q either side. Both Dell's on their standard mount. Left screen with multiple inputs which I switch, depending on what I'm doing - most of the time they are on mac input only.

image.png.9108e6895ca4e0c932d6ae28c680fe67.png

The PC to the left on the lower unit is... not that great.

MSI motherboard. Intel i7-6700. GTX 1650 GAMING. 32 GB DDR4 with 240GB primary SSD, 512GB secondary SSD, 2TD HDD storage (Used to dual boot windows/linux hence 2 SSds)

Might PC game, but I cheat and use Astro C40 (Just can't get down with KBM)

1 hour ago, Sim said:

He gaming and coding at the same damn time. Guru

I can't be the only person who, while not writing code for work, works between gaming and coding... right?

1 hour ago, Dave said:

@SRB that screen hanging off the side is giving me real anxiety.

I use black mode for most things, including on my Mac, iPhone and in my editors, it's "nicer on the eyes" for the most part. Published articles seem to suggest dark mode is not necessarily always better though, so who knows: https://rxoptical.com/eye-health/is-dark-mode-better-for-your-eyes/

Ha! Yeah, it's a little off but for now it's working. My desktop should have been here before Christmas, but the company I ordered from managed to drop it and cracked the wood so I had to think quick and just grabbed a sheet of MDF. This desk top is 1200 x 610 x 19mm - my actual one (when it comes) will be 1900 x 720 x 40 so everything will fit nicely.

I hope it still goes up and down when that top comes. I can't imagine it's light and I have 300lb to play with on the motors, apparently.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Magictallguy said:

Strongly recommending a VESA desk-mount.
I've got one for my dual screens and it really does save space. Here's pretty much the one I'm using, though they do come with more arms

I have a desk mount that holds 3 monitors, but until my permanent desk top turns up, it's in the cupboard out the way.

That said, the 2017 iMac doesn't have vesa support because the stand isn't detachable, so it will just hold the Dell screens up,