MakeWebGames

Game Advertising!!

URBANZ

I would allow the user to keep thinking they are sending messages. Every message that has the url unistreets in it don't send to the receiver. Bit let him think he's sending it. Let him waste his time. ROFLMAO. That's the shit I would do if I had an active game. Blocking or banking the account won't do much good as he will just reregister. 

Edit:. @Andrew Washington said this

"everyone receives users advertising on there game, all you had to do was fed them and move on. That’s something that’s always going to happen. ".

Unfortunately, he's right. If unistreets stopped spamming, months later another game is going to start popping ip

Edited by Sim

3 minutes ago, Sim said:

Might be a nice mod to release. "The Spam Block Fool"

The Spam Block Fool

<?php
$blocklist = ['unistreets'];
preg_match_all('#\bhttps?://[^,\s()<>]+(?:\([\w]+\)|([^,[:punct:]\s]|/))#i', $_POST['msg'], $matches);
if (count($matches) > 0 && !empty(array_intersect($matches, $blocklist))) {
  // blackhole it
}

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Magictallguy said:

The Spam Block Fool

<?php $blocklist = ['unistreets']; preg_match_all('#\bhttps?://[^,\s()<>]+(?:\([\w]+\)|([^,[:punct:]\s]|/))#i', $_POST['msg'], $matches); if (count($matches) > 0 && !empty(array_intersect($matches, $blocklist))) {   // blackhole it }

<?php
preg_match_all('#\bhttps?://[^,\s()<>]+(?:\([\w]+\)|([^,[:punct:]\s]|/))#i', $_POST['msg'], $matches);
  // blackhole it
}

Send that to someone who doesn't know anything about any code.

Add more sites, and only not send the message to the person he's sending it to. And still show no up in his inbox. 

Everyone always want to take the easy way out. I give you permission (like you need it), to use my mod name. I'll even but it if sold on market place though should be released for free. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Magictallguy said:

The Spam Block Fool

<?php $blocklist = ['unistreets']; preg_match_all('#\bhttps?://[^,\s()<>]+(?:\([\w]+\)|([^,[:punct:]\s]|/))#i', $_POST['msg'], $matches); if (count($matches) > 0 && !empty(array_intersect($matches, $blocklist))) {   // blackhole it }

<?php
  // blackhole it
}

yea something like this works the best 👍

yeah i know but as a simple easy way to block them , with out you doint it manualy,

i like the idea of detecting a blocked link, or word, then execute the ban-hammer.

or you can add them to suspect list then you ban them manualy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sim said:

@MNG even though it is possible he does pay a party in it, it's also possible he didn't. Accusing him personally isn't right.

-The MWG Judge!

(Lol/)

That’s true but theirs factors which why I believe it was him, the first guy knew about MWG (theirs not many players that’s aware of MWG), another was he assume I use a certain engine (once again theirs not many players that’s aware of this) and finally the icing on the cake, my account judge disappears or banned from his site and I never did anything on it besides look around. If I was him I wouldn’t even had notice me. Let’s say maybe that player was a developer which I highly doubt cause out of all my life owning games I never seen a developer go out their way to act childish unless they were being paid and if that’s the case it still falls on the owner cause he/she paid the hit man.

• 3 weeks later...

still some ppl have no shame, after being baned befor still coming back to post hir referal

image.png.8314d785e40e07ab727e2e4168e7b8e5.png

this is why i allways against having referal system in my games, it worked in the old days, but now its becoming spam, with the retarded ppl nowadays.

thats the lazy way of doing it, i dont advice to do it , players link to share links in game, youtube, twitter ...

there is a way to stop them just by making database for banned sites or names

its tiring to always keep it updated, but you can add reward for new report like 10 points for each new site report or pr0n site ....

but blocking links all together thats a big failure.

45 minutes ago, ags_cs4 said:

thats the lazy way of doing it, i dont advice to do it , players link to share links in game, youtube, twitter ...

there is a way to stop them just by making database for banned sites or names

its tiring to always keep it updated, but you can add reward for new report like 10 points for each new site report or pr0n site ....

but blocking links all together thats a big failure.

I agree, I always failed going the block url route with mccode but I try using key words, help a little

• Like 1

Personally i have always gone with a whitelist as much easier to maintain and you dont have to keep updating it. So you can add main sites like google, facebook, twitter, youtube etc then everything else will be blocked. As new game sites pop up all the time you would have a much larger blacklist and you would be adding more all the time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If youre having issues with people advertising on your game, there are multiple ways to at least slow it. Add a time limit between messages, extract info from those messages and lock out any responses that carry website names. Just my opinion, theres plenty that can be done. If you need a hand making that happen, DM me and i can help.