MakeWebGames

MagicTallGuy - Mysqli conversion

Zettieee

I love MTG, that guy is great and sadly he isn't known as an great developer. Hopefully after this thread he would become known.

Not true, MagicTallGuy has been around this forum for a long time, he is well known to be one of the greatest developers on here, as others on this forum, if you have not been on here that long than you would not know that us older knows his capabilities in coding we know he is a great developer!

Not true, MagicTallGuy has been around this forum for a long time, he is well known to be one of the greatest developers on here, as others on this forum, if you have not been on here that long than you would not know that us older knows his capabilities in coding we know he is a great developer!

Oh, I wasn't on at that time sadly well I was just scheming around doing those days.

http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/39952-My-list-of-trusted-coders?highlight=coders

Yeah outdated but if he was on before admins, then why isnt he on that list.

That is the reason why I said he wasn't very known. :)

But yea I definitely love MTG work and he is the 4-5th developer I have worked with so off this forum.

PS: That list need to be updated maybe an admin could do it, as their are very inactive developers that are doing other things and only 2 active designers.

That list means nothing in my opinion it's only whom Danny considers trust worthy in his own eyes whom he either had help from, or vise versa.

He also states it in red that the list is not official and based on his own collaboration with those coders.

There are quite a few better developers on this forum, that is not even mention on his list, including magictallguy as one of them not mention and haunted dawg and pog, but he did state too it was a list made of active users, some of the older ones went inactive when he created that thread, I don't know if magictallguy was inactive or not when the list was made. The list though should not be consider official for this forum. I am not even sure why it's a sticky, that is like one of us making a thread of our trust worthy list of coders whom we see fit for the list, it's kind of bias...

Oh, I wasn't on at that time sadly well I was just scheming around doing those days.

http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/39952-My-list-of-trusted-coders?highlight=coders

Yeah outdated but if he was on before admins, then why isnt he on that list.

That is the reason why I said he wasn't very known. :)

But yea I definitely love MTG work and he is the 4-5th developer I have worked with so off this forum.

PS: That list need to be updated maybe an admin could do it, as their are very inactive developers that are doing other things and only 2 active designers.

The list was comprised of active folks, as previously mentioned MTG wasn't active when the thread was created.

@Lucky3809: The thread was pinned because of it being the only up-to-date list on the forum and valuable content at the time, whilst it was pinned it was made clear that it was Danny's opinion, and only Danny was the one to update the list as he saw fit.

The list however probably should be unpinned now, as Danny is not as active as he once was, and as MNG stated, the list is outdated.

Danny's post was done at a time when it seemed like every 2nd thread was about a member being scammed in some shape or form by another. We specifically reinforced that it wasn't official but simply an opinion based post based on his experience. Being outdated I wonder if a more generic thread with advice on how to look into the past experiences of a member would be more welcome?

In any case back on topic - MTG is a capable programmer who has been around MWG for a long time. I would recommend him to anyone looking to have work done.

Aww, I feel all fuzzy inside now! Thanks guys (and gals, if applicable :P)

The list was comprised of active folks, as previously mentioned MTG wasn't active when the thread was created.[...]

Well no, I was homeless - story is available on my site

[...]In any case back on topic - MTG is a capable programmer who has been around MWG for a long time. I would recommend him to anyone looking to have work done.

7 years, in fact ;)

Edited by Magictallguy
Added my original response above quotes

Wow, not even been on here in a long time and I still get talked about..lol

Even I remember MTG as a good guy, prolly is a good guy still, added to the list any how's, even if the rest are no longer here, but yeah he would have been first one if he was active at that time.

Statements in other posts are also true, such as people were getting scammed at the time, so the thread was created in order to at tamper to stop or at least decrease the number of people being scammed.

Have a good day guys, hope you're all okay as well

Wow, not even been on here in a long time and I still get talked about..lol

Even I remember MTG as a good guy, prolly is a good guy still, added to the list any how's, even if the rest are no longer here, but yeah he would have been first one if he was active at that time.

Statements in other posts are also true, such as people were getting scammed at the time, so the thread was created in order to at tamper to stop or at least decrease the number of people being scammed.

Have a good day guys, hope you're all okay as well

You're back this time, or toying with us? :p

:rolleyes:

That you'll have to find out over time....

No I got an email about this so just came back, would love to be back, but just not got the time.

Do people still play text based games now, or is it more apps that people use, think I left when it seems to start changing, don't think it's gone back from what I can see anyways, you prolly will know better though

:rolleyes:

That you'll have to find out over time....

No I got an email about this so just came back, would love to be back, but just not got the time.

Do people still play text based games now, or is it more apps that people use, think I left when it seems to start changing, don't think it's gone back from what I can see anyways, you prolly will know better though

Oh, Ok. See you again in 5 years :p

More activity on mobile apps, but some on browser games (not as near enough as '07 times, but...) - but mostly apps, as you can imagine.