MakeWebGames

Music Battle - Free to play MMORPG

Dave

I like this Dave/Aaron! Good work, smooth sailing gameplay, nice features.. captured my attention with register, loved that process, real slick. Also your awards mod, especially on profiles.. lovely 👌

Definitely one I'll bookmark and keep checking in on 👍

Edited by Spydre452
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spydre452 said:

I like this Dave! Good work, smooth sailing gameplay, nice features.. really like the awards mod you got going, especially on profiles

Definitely one I'll bookmark and keep checking in 👍

Thanks for the great feedback. We have some big aspirations for this game, but we wanted to get the core out for people to enjoy before we build... every feature we can think of 🤣

Excited to see you around the game 🙂

3 minutes ago, MNG said:

I think I’m just a fan of the design, the design itself was so advance that it’s 2020 and it looks better than most games out now. 

Thanks man! The original design was made in 2008 and tweaked by me in 2020, so I'm glad it still holds up 12 years after it was made.

• Like 1

Just testing some things out - I haven't played these games in a while, so I don't have a review ready - might update this reply later with more stuff

You can spawn a verbose error with the BBCode engine

2038465872_Screenshot2020-04-28at01_27_52.thumb.png.184f92428515029535d7911935e339fb.png

You can spawn a verbose error by calling AjaxPHP3.php with an invalid userid

1941880090_Screenshot2020-04-28at01_41_18.thumb.png.475f0f01fcdd42e6063757e9deaa4d60.png

Edited by sniko

1 hour ago, sniko said:

Just testing some things out - I haven't played these games in a while, so I don't have a review ready - might update this reply later with more stuff

You can spawn a verbose error with the BBCode engine

2038465872_Screenshot2020-04-28at01_27_52.thumb.png.184f92428515029535d7911935e339fb.png

You can spawn a verbose error by calling AjaxPHP3.php with an invalid userid

1941880090_Screenshot2020-04-28at01_41_18.thumb.png.475f0f01fcdd42e6063757e9deaa4d60.png

Thanks for this! We're currently in beta so we're running with errors on to help us in bug reports. These are both valid and great, we'll be sure to fix them 🙂

Slightly ironic that the first vebose error is actually trying to add an event to the admin because it detected a hack attempt 🤣

I was unable to delete an event. I didn't read it, checked box hit delete. Hit cancel. Hit delete again, hit OK box. 

Not sure if I can do it again, I ain't got enough money to get n event again.

There's also a decent amount of pages I can see while in jail but others I can't see. Some of them shouldn't be seen if others can't. It only logically makes sense. 

very nice design brings back a lot of memories when i played this game when it was originally released. Great work bringing it back and giving it a fresh take. Also any plans to make the in game template responsive as currently don't resize on mobile

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, urbanmafia said:

very nice design brings back a lot of memories when i played this game when it was originally released. Great work bringing it back and giving it a fresh take. Also any plans to make the in game template responsive as currently don't resize on mobile

Thanks Urban! Glad to have you back.

Yup we intend to make the game responsive and hopefully release an iOS and Android app to play it with notifications on the move. This is an initial release and we have big plans for the future of the game.

Just now, Dave said:

Thanks Urban! Glad to have you back.

Yup we intend to make the game responsive and hopefully release an iOS and Android app to play it with notifications on the move. This is an initial release and we have big plans for the future of the game.

Nice cant wait to check it out. great work so far, should be a very successful game after full release.

• Like 1

We've been busy these past few days, we've been publishing release notes in the in-game forums but also wanted to share them here:

New Feature: Daily Rewards
We've added a new feature, which can be seen in the left menu, which grants you points as a daily reward. For each day you login you'll receive 2 more points than the last day. Once you've logged in for 10 consecutive days you'll receive 20 points for each day you login. Breaking the chain of logins will reset the rewards back to 2 and you'll have to start again.

30th April 2020

- Update item images for items requiring level 5
- Fix subscription status on House page
- Ensure money is formatted correctly on "Vote for Points" page
- Add new voting sites
- Fix bug in event deletion 
- Update preferences to remove any irrelevant options
- Move top users city calculation to occur every 10 minutes

29th April 2020

- Ensure speed items improve success rate of crimes
- Fix rollover not completing correctly and manually executing it part way through the day
- Fix subscription field on "House" page when having an active subscription
- Update "Crack The Safe" prices
- Update Announcements link to point to the Announcements forum
- Resolve errors caused by incorrect user IDs being provided to certain pages
- Ensure winnings from Horse Races end up in the users hand, rather than in the bank

28th April 2020

- Fix issue with Forum tooltip
- Fix issue with inventory deleting an item on equip
- Fix negative stats on items showing as -+
- Fix success mail message if the recipient was a Respected Musician
- Ensure player totals in footer and login page are accurate and live
- Ensure players receive reward from voting
- Resolve misc errors being displayed

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spydre452 said:

That's real nice Dave, good work!

Thanks dude!

3 hours ago, |SAMZ| said:

One of the cleanest looking games I have seen out there! Is this still running on MC Codes? If you need any assistance with android app I can help.

We're going to do an app, I hope I can do it myself but all my experience is with iOS, so I'll let you know if I need any help 🙂

3 hours ago, AdamHull said:

Heavily modified GRPG i belive 

You're correct, severely modified, barely looks like GRPG apart from the database tables.

3 hours ago, |SAMZ| said:

Ahh.. The V2 codes are very clean as it is with the PDO functions. Theres alot of stuff you can do when codes are not all over the place.

We actually moved the code base over to use Doctrine and prepared MySQLi queries to retain backwards compatibility with our MySQLi shim, so we didn't have to recode everything 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Galahad said:

Looks great! Well done guys! Looks very similar to a game I used to play back in the game. Prison Battles/Break or something.

Prison Struggle! This was it's sister game, which was created by forking PS and modifying the genre to be music. We've rapidly moving away from those similarities and creating our own name in the industry. Feel free to come back and play, we've already got a small but loyal player base.

• Like 2

Now this is what you call a well made game, I've had a play around and it seems packed with features, love the theme as well, very sleek and modern. You can tell a lot of thought has gone into this. Hope it works out!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jaymo said:

Now this is what you call a well made game, I've had a play around and it seems packed with features, love the theme as well, very sleek and modern. You can tell a lot of thought has gone into this. Hope it works out!

Thank you for the kind words! We're only making it better over time, so feel free to pop back in and see what's new 🙂 

I did an interview with FoohonPie about Music Battle which you can watch here: 

• Like 2