Sign in to follow this  
Elessair

is this engine working?

Hi all!

I was trying to choose one egine to develop a personal project.

I found NWE in this forum, but i cant see any demo working... is there any out of there?

thanks

As far as I'm aware the original author hasn't updated this project in a while. The official website just displays a coming soon screen right now: https://www.nw-engine.com/

You'd be better off finding a project that is actively maintained.

The engine still works with just a couple of fixes depending on your PHP version. I actually just spun up a copy that I had and just had to fix a few things like the engine verification which verifies your license and the engine news section in the admin panel. 

The original owner Alain sold off the engine to some dude who just let it die. A few of us have offered to buy it off him for a reasonable price but he refuses. I do have a copy of the free version if you would like to test it out

4 hours ago, KyleMassacre said:

[...] The original owner Alain sold off the engine to some dude who just let it die. A few of us have offered to buy it off him for a reasonable price but he refuses. [...]

Refuses because your offers are too low or because they don't want to sell it in general?

1 hour ago, sniko said:

Refuses because your offers are too low or because they don't want to sell it in general?

TBH... No idea

Its been a couple years now so I don’t know if he is still holding on or if he is willing to sell