MakeWebGames

FREE Real-time chat

sniko

Hello everyone.

I'm thinking of releasing a real-time chat system for McCodes with the following features;

• Multiple chatrooms
  • Custom emotes
  • Whisper to other players
  • User mentions (i.e.: If you send [MENTION=65371]sniko[/MENTION] the chat message will be highlighted for me)
  • Staff functionality to time a user out/ban user/delete message

Basically, it's like Daves, but different as it's real-time and doesn't send AJAX requests every 2 seconds to get new chats but uses sockets instead (harnessing the power of Pusher.)

Anyway...

I'm not going to release it for free-free (sorry!), I'd like something in return (something small), either;

• Reply to this thread with 30 words or more (No spam/jibberish. Could even be a short story...)
  • Send me a picture of yourself holding a piece of paper with the word "sniko" on it (these pictures will be published publicly)
  • Draw me a picture of anything and reply to this thread with it (make sure you write "sniko" on it)

I'll need 10 participants for me to release this.

Those requirements need to be met at least once, so get in early.

Thanks & good-luck.

sOej94r.gif

Participants

Edited by sniko

The flames slowly subsided and covered over with ice as Sniko entered the remaining rubble of bunker. They thought they would be safe from his wrath hidden inside deep in the swamp, nobody could possibly find them. Their scents masked by the muck of the swamp, their trails quickly covered over by the nearly silent but always moving mud. But alas they were found as Sniko could never allow another resurgence of COBOL. They had planned to bring about COBOL 2016 amassed a huge network of investment bankers to help surge their program through. Of course profits would be great for those few but mankind would be taken aback 30 years. Sniko did what had to be done.

I like sniko. Sniko and I are best buddies. We like to play in the yard together with our other bff's

I'm not sure if this is an entry to the community effort for the free stuff, or you couldn't find your diary and wanted to jot down your feelings for the night...

It doesn't fit the requirement, so I'm going to assume the latter.

This is for you, Kyle!

Ic8QnW9.gif

The sun did not appear to be shining for game owners when, amid the chaos, Sniko appeared with a frozen sword, slashing away at all of the demons tormenting them into the game graveyard. Sniko gave these owners a sense of hope, wonder, and happiness. All he has to do now is build a fantastic chat module. So, Sniko, will you take upon this challenge?

~G7470

The sun did not appear to be shining for game owners when, amid the chaos, Sniko appeared with a frozen sword, slashing away at all of the demons tormenting them into the game graveyard. Sniko gave these owners a sense of hope, wonder, and happiness. All he has to do now is build a fantastic chat module. So, Sniko, will you take upon this challenge?

~G7470

I'm with G7470 except I want to know if If its got smiley's in it. I need smiley's to express myself better because its easy to get all misunderstood and stuff without expression. And Sniko where the h... have you been I've missed you, and I'm not posting another picture of myself ever again lol no shoe on my eat, no eating a donut either. I haven't bought a donut since the last time. Is this thirty words yet? I need to stop typing and count. uhh huh I over did it I see :rolleyes:

Veramis gave me a neat idea to try and take part. I can be a little creative when I want to be so here is this.

sniko.gif

I hope this qualifies me for this. I have been needing a new chat room for days now. We are Using Dave's but I really don't think it was built to handle the kind of traffic that is running through ours.

sniko_mtg.jpg

Does that image path also count toward the word count required? If so, there I see 2 full words (the rest being abbreviations or tags :P)

<?php
for($cheat = 0; $cheat <= 30; ++$cheat)
   echo "word ";

Alright, so I didn't get away with it, but it was still funny! :P

Edited by Magictallguy
Added 47 words

• Reply to this thread with 30 words or more (No spam/jibberish. Could even be a short story...)

[02] Dear Sniko,

[18] I am writing this message to you, you ***, so that you add me on Skype.

[24] So get at it, you cawk!

[26] Kind Regards,

[28] Mr Marlow

[30] (Ultimate Cawk)

There's 30. I am curious about the code, so want to see it :P

Veramis gave me a neat idea to try and take part. I can be a little creative when I want to be so here is this.

sniko.gif

I hope this qualifies me for this. I have been needing a new chat room for days now. We are Using Dave's but I really don't think it was built to handle the kind of traffic that is running through ours.

A penguin background with my name and an effect?! My goodness, you've won me over!

Participants: 8/10

• 2 weeks later...

I got bored, so I wrote some code write your image =]

sniko.png

<canvas id="e" width="600" height="200"></canvas>

<script>
var canvas = document.getElementById("e");
var context = canvas.getContext("2d");
context.fillStyle = "blue";
context.font = "bold 16px Arial";
context.fillText("context.fillText(String.fromCharCode(83,110,105,107,111), 100, 100);", 25, 50);
context.fillText("context.fillText(String.fromCharCode(48, 119, 110,122), 100, 115);", 30, 75);
context.fillText("?_?", 50, 90);
context.fillText(String.fromCharCode(83,110,105,107,111), 100, 125);
context.fillText(String.fromCharCode(48, 119, 110,122), 100, 140);

</script>