MakeWebGames

Coming Home

Cronus2

bender-futurama.gif

To all of those who are still here from before, it's good to see you all again.
For those who don't know me, in a past life I was an avid MCCodes Game Owner & Mod developer here.

Unfortunately I could not figure out what my login was on my old account here, so I thought I'd start fresh as #2.

Took a long hiatus from web development, but I'm picking it back up as a hobby for now, slowly building out a game in my free time.
I recently took a new job writing scripts for my company and it has given me an itch to work on a side project.

Cronwerks.com is currently my home base, however pretty much everything is hidden to outsiders so there isn't much to see at the moment.
Maybe some day I'll actually add something worth a damn to that default template homepage, but for now it is not really important.

I will be starting with base MCCodes however it will likely look nothing like MCCodes in pretty short order, that base game is.... well.. basic.
I don't know if anyone still uses MCCodes as a source here, but if some do, I'll definitely post some of my work so that others can use it.

Cheers to everyone.

~Cronus

• Like 2

Jesus, is there a butt-kissing session in progress?

My memory isn't jaded - bugged mods that effectively went unsupported until people like myself stepped in to fix bugs for people.

That said, that's hopefully history and we've all aged and maybe grown some. I look forward to seeing fully supported additions to people's games.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Oh, I apologise. Bend over and I'll kiss it too.

Edit

I guess we are playing the editing game, with the additional "suppose not everyone has grown some".

I did say that I hoped we had grown and I really meant, I hope some can admit their faults of the past and do better. Let's deflect to me being "unfriendly" (I'm not here to stroke anybodies ego), when you could have admitted your mismanagement of supporting YOUR mods which YOU got paid for and left ALL buyers with bugs in their games.

Sure, unfriendly. I don't wish to be friendly to anyone who doesn't man up for screwing everyone who ever purchased their work.

If you want your ass kissed, feel free to hit up others on this thread.

Edited by SRB
Spelling.

From what I can see he hasn’t been around for 5 years, a lot can change in that time. I personally haven’t dealt with any mods made by Cronus so can’t comment. 

let’s not judge people on actions that happened half a decade ago but on the actions they do now.

On 6/14/2022 at 9:01 PM, SRB said:

Oh, I apologise. Bend over and I'll kiss it too.

Edit

I guess we are playing the editing game, with the additional "suppose not everyone has grown some".

I did say that I hoped we had grown and I really meant, I hope some can admit their faults of the past and do better. Let's deflect to me being "unfriendly" (I'm not here to stroke anybodies ego), when you could have admitted your mismanagement of supporting YOUR mods which YOU got paid for and left ALL buyers with bugs in their games.

Sure, unfriendly. I don't wish to be friendly to anyone who doesn't man up for screwing everyone who ever purchased their work.

If you want your ass kissed, feel free to hit up others on this thread.

1. Check the time stamps,  I edited it before you even posted.  Take a chill pill.

2. I created those mods when I was a teenager,  I am 32 now, i haven't coded anything in a decade. I supported them for a long time before I eventually stopped coding altogether, saying I screwed everyone who ever purchased anything is complete and total bullshit. I am coming back as a hobby but certainly if someone has questions on something I would help to my best ability,  like I said,  I haven't touched this stuff in a long time. 

3. You're talking about $10 mods that I haven't been selling for over a decade,  for an engine that is seldom used anymore, complaining that I didn't give 15 years of support.

4. When people join,  or return,  to pick this stuff up, try to be supportive.  This is mostly a hobby for people and looking at your post history you have no problem complaining the community is dwindling, yet here you are being an ass hat in the introductions section. 

You're better than this.  Or maybe you aren't,  what do I know. 

Let's get this thread back on track instead of bickering like children in an introduction thread. 

Edited by Cronus2
Slyyy
  • Like 2

I dont suppose you got a list of your old mods and have any still? Wouldn't mind a gander.

I'm glad your back and i look forward to seeing what you bring to the forums.

EDIT: If you don't I have your Workshop Mod kicking around somwhere if you want me to drop it back to you.

Edited by peterisgb
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, peterisgb said:

I dont suppose you got a list of your old mods and have any still? Wouldn't mind a gander.

I'm glad your back and i look forward to seeing what you bring to the forums.

EDIT: If you don't I have your Workshop Mod kicking around somwhere if you want me to drop it back to you.

I have a folder with the old mods in it. Let me take a look tonight when I get home and I'll PM you with what I've got. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cronus2 said:

You're better than this.  Or maybe you aren't,  what do I know. 

The latter was correct. I'm not better than this 😂

That said, no, I expect nobody to support anything past a 12 months initial period. I had my previous account deleted, which wiped my old content, so there's no visible history but me and you knocked heads a lot over bugs and support. The main one being the gang armoury that had duplication glitches and recall problems when someone left a gang, etc.

At the time, under MDShare, I was staff with Scarlet and Seanybob, so felt someone needed to step in and resolve the bugs - I did that. May have been 15 years ago, but it left a bitter taste, you know?

However, it's worth noting that in my initial thread, I did end with "That said, that's hopefully history and we've all aged and maybe grown some. I look forward to seeing fully supported additions to people's games.".

You've now read some of my previous posts, so maybe you can see how that is as positive as it's going to get. 😛

• 2 weeks later...

welcome back mate i remember seeing your name everywhere on the mod page when I was younger good to see you back. 

sorry my post is messed up I messed it up while using my iPad haha 

Edited by D.J.R
On my iPad I messed the post up

On 6/15/2022 at 9:49 AM, SRB said:

Jesus, is there a butt-kissing session in progress?

My memory isn't jaded - bugged mods that effectively went unsupported until people like myself stepped in to fix bugs for people.

That said, that's hopefully history and we've all aged and maybe grown some. I look forward to seeing fully supported additions to people's games.

Hahaha, your a legend @SRB or at least thats what you believe ... keep up the great work. 😂