• Marriage Mod
    • Round Management 
    • Home Page
    • Logged in page
    • T&C's + Privacy + Cookie Policy
    • Block Mail + Merge replies
    • Attack System
    • Forum update

Just thought i would mention some of the upcoming mods that I'm working on that will be free, the last few mods I've released have been paid and I've noticed a lot of the GL mods are behind a pay wall so the next few ill release for free.

1. My Account Page* - Change password and Bio will be moved here and other values such as gender, birthday etc... will be added. Ill also add the ability to change email.
  2. Marriage Mod - You know what this is nice and simple marriage/divorce mod
  3. Round Management - In the ACP you will have the ability to stop/start a round as well as clear down the database, 3rd part mods can link into this using hooks
  4. Home Page* - This mod will replace the current login page with a new home page with more customisation!
  5. Logged in page* - This mod will replace the first page that os shown when a user logs in, it will have base information about the player as well as things like game news.
  6. T&C's + Privacy + Cookie Policy- A basic T&Cs page and privacy policy along with an accept cookies page.

* This feature will be part of the core GL Engine with a download for GL 2.3.0 and 2.4.0 in the market place

There is no set ETA for these but i aim to release one per week over the next few months, if you have any more ideas feel free to post them.

Edited by Dayo
  • Like 2

I'm excited

Some further ideas to these mods:

Marriage mod - ability to transfer money between bank accounts? Ability to send notes or "love notes"? 

Account page - Can view spouse too

Extras I would like to see:

Attack mod as an alterative to kill system (i think you already said you were working on something like this anyway) that combines the workout module (stats) which might require updating with an  estate/house feature like BeniiiBoii's to boost will. 

Mccode style forums ... ?

All of those mod ideas do, they each have their merits. Just with the my account page I made one as settings where it has a combined change password/username, update bio,  and update the profile picture. Just a question on that the use just puts in their url for it. Is this the safest option than allowing them to upload?

an attack mod would be grand! 

I agree the forum needs an update.

Would be good if Mail didn't constantly have RE: every time you replied and just kept it once.

Attack mod should kind of mirror MCC V2 in my view, With Hospitalise, Mug and Leave options. One to add time to hospital time, one to mug other players' money that they have on hand, and the other to gain EXP by attacking players at a higher level than them in order to level. Turn based attack system with a player's stats and equipment(weapons and armour) being taken into account in determining a successful attack. I would imagine a lot additions like a hospital, and other features will need to amended for it to work like this...

You assign the strength/defence of said knife and gun to determine which is stronger and will help you win an attack. Mcc, while not perfect, has a framework with which dayo might be familiar with and can refer to. Unless you have an alternative, tried-and-tested, model which you can detail then I suggest this mcc model. 

• Like 1

I was thinking something like when a player attacks another player the max health that can be taken from the attack is 10 health leaving you with 90% health if another player attack you and takes another 10% health, if your player gets killed the players that attacked you to kill you will show in your profile you got attacked by Athena,phpstudent,dayo your health will regenerate in 24 hours meanwhile you won't be able to attack anyone until your health reproduces, then you could have the option to steal there cash/points, or Cars ... Some idea that would be great to have in the GL script

This would inplement a safehouse to protect you whilst you are offline ...

When there thinking of a new attack system , we have to think of something fun for our members to enjoy and to protect themselves at all times . Donator items such as tripwires were you get attacked and you set tripwires so the attackers fail there attack to kill you .

Maybe donator items were you can buy extra health to not be killed or being suspended from being attack for 24 hours .

Max health 100 but you could purchase extra health for example 50 health 20 points , max health of upgrading setting a example of 250 health. 

As a GL script it should be different from MCC but familiar to attacking options as MCC , just a idea, this attacking mod could become a paid mod which everyone would want to have .my ideas are outrageous but they are the beginning of something new .

You could create dogs to protect you on attacks or to increase your attack chances , dogs could be brought or won from personal events .

15 hours ago, athena26 said:

Example if someone has a knife they can kill someone that has a gun 

And it can't be the same as MCC or it will be just boring GL needs to be different that MCC . It's a different script .

well at this point all MCC idea are copied over to GL so its not bad most ppl are used or come from MCC background so its kinda good to make them used to the engine with ease

14 hours ago, athena26 said:

You could create dogs to protect you on attacks or to increase your attack chances , dogs could be brought or won from personal events .

from all you said this cought my attention wich can be good idea if implemented good and the others will make the game heavenly Pay-To-Win

its nice idea  but most ppl that voted for the attack want the MCC version in GL

but your idea is kinda built on top of GL kill system

but its nice tbh, you the only one that gave a good idea to upgrade GL mode with some logic behind their idea 👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, athena26 said:

This would inplement a safehouse to protect you whilst you are offline ...

I get where you are coming from on this idea. However, if someone is offline, why should they care if they are being attacked. They are offline which means getting attacked will not affect their gameplay. If they get robbed while they are offline because they left items out, gold, points, on a market for sale, whatever, then that is on them for not having secured them. That's one thing but to have items stolen from their inventory or items that are considered "donator" items ... you're going to piss off your player base very quickly. Players, whether donators or not, work hard for the things that they accumulate and to have them robbed of those items willy nilly will quickly lose you players. 

If you can develop a system that they can purchase cheaply, say "armed guards" for $5.00 USD that will last for 3 or  6 months protection, then you'd be onto something.  Very few players will invest in a game they are playing until they get a good working knowledge of the game. They'll test the waters for the perfect combination of donator items that work best for them, usually buying from an in game players market that sell "donator" items to players who don't have the real life cash to do so before they are wiling to donate from their own pockets. 

The other thing to keep in mind is that a lot of players will quickly get discouraged and leave if all that they see that will get them ahead is by having to buy all these donator items. The last thing you want to do is create an environment where the only players to succeed are those that have deep pockets. You can have the best game in the world, but if you're perceived as being in it for the money only and not for the players interaction, your game will die before it's gotten off the ground.

I know this sounds like common sense, but time and time again, you see games come and go because the creators didn't or refused to see that overloading their games with "pay to get ahead" items chased players away. It's almost impossible to recover from that.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• Like 1

So I’ll explain my idea for the attack module.

1) It can be PvP or PvE
2) For PvP both users have to be online and in the same location using detectives to find them. (Creates a money sink in the game) with the option of a instant find for points (not P2W as there is a in game option available)
3) You can choose to Mug (money) or Assault (health)
4) if mug you do a little bit of damage
5) if assault you do more damage but no health, if they are below 0% health you can choose to kill them off like in GL or send them to the hospital like in McCodes. This will be configurable.
6) PvE you can set up new accounts in the ACP and set them as a BOT. Players can then attack these bots as they would any other player. Bots would travel every xx minutes and gain xxx money per hour.
7) your profile would display your mug/assault stats.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dayo said:

6) PvE you can set up new accounts in the ACP and set them as a BOT. Players can then attack these bots as they would any other player. Bots would travel every xx minutes and gain xxx money per hour.

What about being able to "clone" other players that you get good exp, gold, points, whatever from? It would cost to clone and then cost X amount to heal the clone to be used again??? 

5 hours ago, newttster said:

I get where you are coming from on this idea. However, if someone is offline, why should they care if they are being attacked. They are offline which means getting attacked will not affect their gameplay. If they get robbed while they are offline because they left items out, gold, points, on a market for sale, whatever, then that is on them for not having secured them. That's one thing but to have items stolen from their inventory or items that are considered "donator" items ... you're going to piss off your player base very quickly. Players, whether donators or not, work hard for the things that they accumulate and to have them robbed of those items willy nilly will quickly lose you players. 

If you can develop a system that they can purchase cheaply, say "armed guards" for $5.00 USD that will last for 3 or  6 months protection, then you'd be onto something.  Very few players will invest in a game they are playing until they get a good working knowledge of the game. They'll test the waters for the perfect combination of donator items that work best for them, usually buying from an in game players market that sell "donator" items to players who don't have the real life cash to do so before they are wiling to donate from their own pockets. 

The other thing to keep in mind is that a lot of players will quickly get discouraged and leave if all that they see that will get them ahead is by having to buy all these donator items. The last thing you want to do is create an environment where the only players to succeed are those that have deep pockets. You can have the best game in the world, but if you're perceived as being in it for the money only and not for the players interaction, your game will die before it's gotten off the ground.

I know this sounds like common sense, but time and time again, you see games come and go because the creators didn't or refused to see that overloading their games with "pay to get ahead" items chased players away. It's almost impossible to recover from that.

Just my 2 cents worth.

So they don't lose health , or get killed .

And players ain't able to rob donator items of orthers , it's only to secure there health and points , and there's a z Rand of points or cash that can get taken or Cars.