MakeWebGames

How to make my website into a app

athena26

It's not as easy as just providing your site url and turn it into an app.

There are places that you just plug your url in and they create some sort of app that uses a webview but if its not a responsive site, there is no point. But if your site is responsive, I really dont see a point either to do this because it will just look like your website, because it is just your website

2 hours ago, KyleMassacre said:

. But if your site is responsive, I really dont see a point either to do this because it will just look like your website, because it is just your website

The only point is it WILL give you extra exposure/members. The more places your game is, the more exposure it gets.

@Dayo created a post about turning your site into an APP. Send him a message.

I agree with @Sim on this one when I want to put my website on play store i need to make a webview file as far as im aware you can't just add a website to Google play it has to be in a APK file format, but it is easy enough you just have to have 2 things 1. Android studio and 2. The ability to Google which most of us have tbh and just a simple search for how to make my website an app with android studio job done there are tons of tutorials on how to do if anyone is struggling tbh.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2021 at 11:47 AM, ags_cs4 said:

oh one one big thing most are not aware of is you cant have other than google payment method in ur app and im sure @Dayo & @URBANZhave more info on this than me

This is true when it comes to mobile marketplaces you have to either remove any upgrade options (VIP, donator) or offer a payment provider that processes mobile payments. Google Pay (Android) & Apple Pay (iOS) as mentioned before you have BrainTree (Best Option) and also Stripe which both provide these payments on mobile and also offer smart switching when it detects this platform.

All you would need to do with a webview app is define either a mobile User Agent (defined by default) or a custom one that your script reads to switch out the gateway when using the apps.

i personally use hybrid apps so build the payments, auth and basic user data native (Flutter, Dart) and then store the cookie and pass via webview for authentication for the website so still stay fluid but keep the native feel but that is my personal preference. As Kyle stated before you have Ionic and other similar frameworks that will get you similar results and alot more friendly if you have never developed mobile before.

I used appgeyser that works really well and all my members have installed the app which runs way better than the URL website, I'm waiting on Google to review my application to be released on play store and it allowed me to use PayPal and it let me keep the donation option but Google gets 30% of my donations. After reaching 1million$ for now it's only 15% per donation .