MakeWebGames

Stats/Skills

Sim

Once this design issue gets fixed, people will be able to add new stats/skills. This module will be released for free and I hope all developers use it regarding new stats and skills so other developers can tap into the stats or skill themselves to advance the game mechanics. All my future mods will use this module in one way or another. 

After you create a skill/stat. You can access it on the code by: $this->user->info->US_skill{SafeName}.

I created a safe name function which allows only characters, no spaces, every new word is capitalized. So if stat "jumping hoops" is your name. The safe name is "JumpingHoops". And to get the value, you would $user->info->US_skillJumpimgHoops

Here's the previews of now. If I can't get anyone to fix design issue, then I'll release as it as is. I'm sure you can where the design issue is. @SwiftGameR

Screenshot_20200410-111539.png

Screenshot_20200410-112115.png

Screenshot_20200410-112039.png

Screenshot_20200410-112128.png

Screenshot_20200408-221224.png

Screenshot_20200408-221215.png

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sim said:

Coding on a cellphone is the hardest thing one can do. I done spent over 10hrs on HTML and 1-2 on php. 😞

Yeah I can't even imagine how challenging programming on a phone would be, seems like you're doing pretty well though.

33 minutes ago, Dave said:

Yeah I can't even imagine how challenging programming on a phone would be, seems like you're doing pretty well though.

I need to gather some $ for new refurbished laptop.  Then real coding begins. 🙂

• Like 1

This will have to work:

I need to finalize a little more testing then I will release. Expecting tomorrow.  Took 5hrs to get that damn page to work. Mobile coding was invented by someone not nice at all. Screenshot not final release message.

Screenshot_20200410-235014.png

Edited by Sim
  • Like 1

The mod is now complete. I will be posting it for free on the marketplace tomorrow. I'm hoping to finish a mod that will make use of the Skills mod to release both of them at same time, but I doubt it. Things are moving smoother then before. I found a different PHP Editor and more familiar with GL and navigating between Editor, to ftp to browser tab's, ect. seems to be getting a little less stressful. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...