MakeWebGames

Feedback wanted for game layout

URBANZ

I have been making a layout for a game im currently working on and looking for feedback on the design choice. atm its not much just the side menu which i thought would be cool. give me your honest opinion will be updating the layout over the next couple hours. This is a fully coded layout also fully built from CSS no images apart from the avatar (but the border is css generated). uses bootstrap 4 for responsiveness. will be putting a top bar in the layout with users bars and also a off canvas menu for when in mobile view.

Ive updated the menu with a switcher so there is 3 different menus 

this is main menu

forum.PNG.5ced7c01f885a50718cf0bcc4eeb713b.PNG

this is the gang menu when the user clicks to change views

gang.thumb.PNG.54fcaad71915f6a3c59ccfcdfd236c19.PNG

and the last one is Admin panel links which i'm currently working on.

let me know what you think of the update. trying to go for something unique and different 

Edited by urbanmafia
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MNG said:

Really good is this for the gl engine if so really different 

thanks. yes this will be for GLv2 want to do something very different with the engine.

this has just been updated thought of making it a bit smaller and neater not as in your face 

Edited by urbanmafia
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dave said:

That's neat man!

I'd make all the icons the same width so the text is always starting at the same point. 

You should also experiment with how a super long title might work. 

thanks. 

I'm currently changing the icons so they have their own container and all text starts at the same point after should give it a cleaner look.

I am currently testing this it handles long text up to a point as using bootstrap flex container but after that will just wrap text and not break the layout, will probably look into a better way after finishing the main content.

***** update is now posted in first post hopefully you like it ******

Edited by urbanmafia

Been working on more menu features like badges etc. also started on the header section not much at the moment and far from the final design just more positions of the elements of where they may go. want a more minimal header. let me know what you think. after the layout is done i will work on the main styles of the game as they need some work for updating to BS4 properly.

Capture.thumb.PNG.8614f59f19ce821bc759fdfbd08669ec.PNG

all other screen shots are at the top of page shows the menu change and gang menu etc.

Thanks everyone for feedback so far.

• Like 1

• URBANZ changed the title to Feedback wanted for game layout

After having some free time i've been working to get this layout finished. i still need to sort the head section out so please ignore this for now. let me know what you think.

Capture.PNG.f34ac8ca0743a5263c731dde93d12729.PNG

mobile view my idea with blank space up to is to put user avatar and basic info like name, money and points etc.

mob.PNG.0d55520e6441c9782d309c07920838c4.PNG

• Like 4

Nice design looks amazing mate might give you a message soon 😛  

as you said the top is a bit empty but not be hard to fill that up 

colours all seem to go fine don't hurt my eyes its also nice and clean and optimised for mobile view to which is even better.

Great job

Just now, SwiftGameR said:

Nice design looks amazing mate might give you a message soon 😛  

as you said the top is a bit empty but not be hard to fill that up 

colours all seem to go fine don't hurt my eyes its also nice and clean and optimised for mobile view to which is even better.

Great job

Thankyou.

yes just want it to be perfect and not look like something was dumped there lol.

thanks for feedback.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TonyCisseroni said:

Will you release this theme on the forum marketplace?

This theme wont be available on the market place. it is currently for a personal project. Everything does have a price though if someone wanted to purchase it might consider parting with it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, urbanmafia said:

This theme wont be available on the market place. it is currently for a personal project. Everything does have a price though if someone wanted to purchase it might consider parting with it.

if i had the cash right now i would make an offer but i don't sadly but if things change over the next week or 2 ill consider buying it 😄

• Like 1

Looks awesome so far. The thing when you click menu should contain a # to adding all the other #s together.  Should say 105 before clicked. If it's 0, people should not have to look for notifications. This makes it more user friendly interface.

1 hour ago, Sim said:

Looks awesome so far. The thing when you click menu should contain a # to adding all the other #s together.  Should say 105 before clicked. If it's 0, people should not have to look for notifications. This makes it more user friendly interface.

Thanks for feedback yes this was an idea to do this just working on the JS to fetch the data live. ive now tried a slide out menu instead not sure which one to go with though. 

mobile.PNG.4b4987b69b851dda12dcabf0bbc5e032.PNG

Edited by urbanmafia

7 minutes ago, Sim said:

I like it better on the left hand side instead of the middle. Maybe see what it looks like full screen between top and bottom headers?

lol i've just changed it to this its like you can read minds. do think it looks better now.

im also adding a greyish overlay where the main content is to disabled it when menu is open. top menu, side and bottom are fully fixed.

Capture.PNG.6fe3fddf71a35784dd08572def5d77b2.PNG

3 hours ago, Sim said:

I ment full screen width as well. It looks weird cutting off half the content behind it.

I'm going to need a browser layout done in the future. 

🙂

Makes sense. 

Only problem i was having with that was i had to render the menu 2 times 1 for mobile and 1 for desktop as the sidebar is in a grid with game container so this way i could keep just the one menu and change styles on screen resize.

I might try to break it out the container nicely and see what happens lol.

thanks for feedback

my whole idea was like this main content disables and main menu overlay 

Screenshot_20200407-032623.png.4565f33406cc6bdfdaee0512e8cd15f2.png

Edited by urbanmafia
  • Like 1