MakeWebGames

Knights of Lyroth

InverTed

I see what I did, thanks for pointing it out SRB, should be all good now :) This is why I wanted everyone to take a peak, to help me catch the bugs lol

EDIT: I also commented out the line that pushes any user who logs in without a confirmed email to the email confirm page, so everyone should be able to make an account and roam freely. Obviously still not much to do but if you can find a bug I want it found :)

EDIT AGAIN: Got the NPC attack system set up for quests today, along with NPC attacks providing EXP and Copper on a win. Attack system is a 10 round attack system, one click automation. 

Apologize for the constant edits, but the whole merge post thing is making it hard to distinguish that i've done something new.

Edited by InverTed

Okay folks, been doing some backend work, I've released a little content into the game to get started. I have seemed to sorted out any bugs or breaks, but the true test is a few people poking their heads. Any accounts previously made have been email confirmed so you can pass through. I will also keep an eye out for fresh created accounts in case others want to peek.

EDIT: Training looks broke, but is not, I just have some things disabled, making some odd numbers, but this is only gonna last until I find a decent way(Other than crons) to launch other features. 

Ahh another update today, added a party system that can allow up to 6 players for a party. You can join & create a party, I'll be adding some other stuff using this on the rest of the engine, being in a party will benefit you greatly.

Edited by InverTed

On 4/10/2019 at 3:35 AM, InverTed said:

Now have an active quest system, not quite in it's entirety of course, as it'll have to progress as the game does. But i have a single quest currently out and about, and want a few people to test it! If you have any issues, please IM me or post on here so I can address it ?

I tried to sign up but I haven't received the registration email ?

Can't create a new character, I get this error:

Welcome To The World Dave
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: EXECUTION ERROR SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1364 Field 'guild_rank' doesn't have a default value Query was: INSERT INTO character_list(`owner_id`, `location`, `username`, `level`, `hp`, `maxhp`, `class`, `energy`, `maxenergy`, `city`) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) in /home/knightsoflyroth/public_html/lib/SEC_WRAP.php:181 Stack trace: #0 /home/knightsoflyroth/public_html/create_char.php(80): pdo_db->execute(Array) #1 {main} thrown in /home/knightsoflyroth/public_html/lib/SEC_WRAP.php on line 181

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, after a nice long dissappearance, I am officially bringing this project back to light. Due to my own stupidity, im having to rebuild some of the database, but i still have all the code from before. There will not be a live version of it for probably quite some time but when it does, i promise it wont dissappoint. Ive thought of some extra things to throw at this in order to expand the length of playability. If you have any questions just pm me here and i'll get back to you. Hopefully you guys will resume the level of excitement this project was starting to build.

• Like 4

Had a few days, got some more issues sorted, there is a live version up right now, but its not 100% in a beta state. This is simply for those that would like to peek in and see the things happening. But so far heres a list of features that to my knowledge are working and do their job.

Register/Login
Substat training
Mail system
Kingdom Exploration(Basically explore.php on mccodes and things of that sort)
Shops
Shop keepers can give quests
Hunting Areas where you can attack NPCs
Inventory with 13 different gear slots that can be equipped
Consumables can work, although i haven't added any of them into the DB yet

I'm now fully back at the point of being able to develop further features, the database is fully reconstructed, code repaired where issues were found. If you want a link, you will need to PM me, as i do not want an overzealous amount of people trying to access it in these early stages.

• Like 1

Todays update:

Added some items, quests, and more npcs. Tested current features that exist, everything seems to be working as intended.

I have made it so energy is aquired by attacking NPCs, allowing a cycle of enery without using crons so the training feature can be used.

I have started the parties portion of the game. If you dont understand my point by party, think of xbox/psn when youre playing games like CoD or destiny. Parties will work in that effect.

So after some time and thought, ive come up with a plan that could help me push this project into its beta stages. I would like to find me someone who enjoys writing content. 

What do i have to offer? Simply put i dont have cash to simply spill out on getting help with this project. But by myself, this project could potentially take me until the new year to run the beta and id like not to make you all wait that long to get familiar with the unique features that will be involved within KOL. Working with me pro bono until KOL has reached a point of being known, will put you in a position to make easy money in the future. This is no "get rich quick" scheme. But if i can have someone write enough content to give everything the game has to offer a chance, itll pay off in the long run.

I understand many of you will look at this and go, "why should we help you", and i get it. But as ive stated before, KOL will be a rarity in the Text Based Game genre. Its not an "out of the box" game. It is all my own work, with touch ups from the famous MTG.

Im easy to work with and i understand how real life works, money does make the world go around. But i think with some help from this community, we can take KOL to an even higher level and maybe revive the love that this game genre has lost over the last few years. Any questions, concerns, or suggestions may be posted here or sent directly to me via private message.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, InverTed said:

So after some time and thought, ive come up with a plan that could help me push this project into its beta stages. I would like to find me someone who enjoys writing content. 

What do i have to offer? Simply put i dont have cash to simply spill out on getting help with this project. But by myself, this project could potentially take me until the new year to run the beta and id like not to make you all wait that long to get familiar with the unique features that will be involved within KOL. Working with me pro bono until KOL has reached a point of being known, will put you in a position to make easy money in the future. This is no "get rich quick" scheme. But if i can have someone write enough content to give everything the game has to offer a chance, itll pay off in the long run.

I understand many of you will look at this and go, "why should we help you", and i get it. But as ive stated before, KOL will be a rarity in the Text Based Game genre. Its not an "out of the box" game. It is all my own work, with touch ups from the famous MTG.

Im easy to work with and i understand how real life works, money does make the world go around. But i think with some help from this community, we can take KOL to an even higher level and maybe revive the love that this game genre has lost over the last few years. Any questions, concerns, or suggestions may be posted here or sent directly to me via private message.

Can you share a demo of the project with me? I'm interested to see it and may have a proposition if it fits with our business model.

10 minutes ago, Dave said:

Can you share a demo of the project with me? I'm interested to see it and may have a proposition if it fits with our business model.

http://sim.makeweb.games/lyroth/login.php  This is whats available now. It's not too extensive yet. But it's a good start.

Okay, i have finally finished the parties function. At least enough for it to be fooled around with. It currently affects nothing, people can just create, join, invite players to the party, and leave parties. Once all members of the party have left, the party is deleted from the DB. One more thing down!

A little update today: added some simple functions to make my life easier, one that handles all user input, and sanitizes it, whether it be for logging in or just sending messages. A small function to handle redirects, instead of using the header() function. I'm just focusing on navigation today, but will be nipping other things on the bud as well. 

KOL is now live to view! http://kol.makeweb.games/login.php

• Like 2

Core system for the guilds is up. You can get a sneak peak at whats coming. You'll have to get a party of 3 together, you can use your own characters to do so, just invite them via the parties on the left navigation, simply by entering the characters ID. I'll put enough copper in each players account to create a guild. The character you use to complete everything will be the leader and founder of the alliance. This can be found in the Kingdom Explore area!

Alright, I've finally gotten a discord set up for KOL. Just click this link: https://discord.gg/xgTXdAr or use the invite code:  xgTXdAr

Edited by InverTed
  • Like 1