MakeWebGames

Knights of Lyroth

InverTed

21 hours ago, InverTed said:

Honestly id like to see more people do it this way. Even if you dont ever poke into the game youll still be up to date. Builds the hype 🙂

It does. Sometimes real life just takes away from development of your living isn't coming from it.

If i was to count hourly work between rl and my coding, to say i work 80 hours is likely an understatement. Im dedicating a lot of time i dont have to build something that i hope many will get to enjoy. The more eyes i have on the project now, the more likely i am to successfully push through, i use it as a motivator 🙂

• Like 1

So during the process of building the guild vault feature... I figured out that I now must re-code the entire inventory page. A slight step back but it'll be even better once I'm done with it. After the guild vault and inventory features are at 100% I will be turning my direction entirely towards content. Then after that the plan is to turn to the graphics. As I weigh the amount of work I want in before beta, you guys will all see the beta launch by early december or at the beginning of 2021. Potentially sooner if real life doesn't pull me away too much! 

Okay so let me start this by I know the line of code I'm showing you will not work, I'm simply using it to reference what I'm going for and hopefully someone here can give me an idea.

$this->db->query("UPDATE character_list SET ? = ? WHERE userid = ?");

So basically what I'm going for is, I want to be able to dynamically change what is being set when this particular function is running. I want this one SQL statement to be able to handle several purposes. This is for equipping gear, so the first ? in the statement is obviously what gear slot I want altered. Any ideas? 

13 hours ago, InverTed said:

Okay so let me start this by I know the line of code I'm showing you will not work, I'm simply using it to reference what I'm going for and hopefully someone here can give me an idea.

So basically what I'm going for is, I want to be able to dynamically change what is being set when this particular function is running. I want this one SQL statement to be able to handle several purposes. This is for equipping gear, so the first ? in the statement is obviously what gear slot I want altered. Any ideas? 

if($item_equip_area === 'head') {
    $col = 'equip_head';
} elseif($item_equip_area === 'shoulder') {
    $col = 'equip_shoulders';
} elseif($item_equip_area === 'knee') {
    $col = 'equip_knees';
} else {
    $col = 'equip_toes';
}
$this->db->query('UPDATE character_list SET '.$col.' = ? WHERE userid = ?');

• Thanks 1

For once, I have to agree with Sim!
A switch statement might be better suited here. It's a little more verbose, but that's part of the point here - easier to visually break the logic apart.
Still, an if statement would suffice, though you do sacriface a little readability for it.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:53 PM, Magictallguy said:

For once, I have to agree with Sim!
A switch statement might be better suited here. It's a little more verbose, but that's part of the point here - easier to visually break the logic apart.
Still, an if statement would suffice, though you do sacriface a little readability for it.

When it comes to code itself, your agree with me way more then you think. :)

• Haha 1

This is just the part I've been discussing... Lemme know if readability is really an issue here 😉 

if ($this->item_type == 0 && $this->allowdual > 0 && $this->user->weapon > 0) {
					$this->grabItem($this->user->weapon);
					if ($this->item_type == 1) {
						$equip_slot = "Main_Weapon";
					}
					else {
						$equip_slot = "Offhand"
					}
			}
			else if ($this->item_type == 0 && $this->allowdual < 1) {
			}
			//2 Handed swords
			else if ($this->item_type == 1 && $this->allowdual > 0 && $this->user->weapon > 0) {
					$this->grabItem($this->user->weapon);
					if ($this->item_type == 0) {
					}
					else {
						$equip_slot = "Offhand"
					}
			}
			else if ($this->item_type == 1 && $this->allowdual < 1) {
			}
			//Offhand weapons
			else if ($this->item_type == 2 || $this->item_type == 6 || $this->item_type == 7) {
				$equip_slot = "Offhand";
			}
			//Main weapons
			else if ($this->item_type == 3 || $this->item_type == 4 || $this->item_type == 5) {
			}
			//Armor
			else if ($this->item_type == 8) { $equip_slot = "Chest"; }
			else if ($this->item_type == 9) { $equip_slot = "Legs"; }
			else if ($this->item_type == 10) { $equip_slot = "Boots"; }
			else if ($this->item_type == 11) { $equip_slot = "Shoulders"; }
			else if ($this->item_type == 12) { $equip_slot = "Arms"; }
			else if ($this->item_type == 13) { $equip_slot = "Hat"; }
			//Accessories
			else if ($this->item_type == 14) {
				if ($this->user->ring1 < 1)  { $equip_slot = "Ring_1"; }
				else if ($this->user->ring2 < 1)  { $equip_slot = "Ring_2"; }
				else if ($this->user->ring3 < 1)  { $equip_slot = "Ring_3"; }
				else { $equip_slot = "Ring_1"; }
			}
			else if ($this->item_type == 15) {
				if ($this->user->necklace1 < 1) { $equip_slot = "Necklace_1"; }
				else if ($this->user->necklace2 < 1) { $equip_slot = "Necklace_2"; }
				else { $equip_slot = "Necklace_1"; }
			}

For some reason, copy/pasting from Atom didn't like me much. Way more indentation that It should be.

It's been a minute since i last updated; The inventory system is 3/4 done. It now has the option to have packages that can include up to 9 items. I converted a system for it just because I the tutorial completion kit took a ton of extra effort just for once package. So why not make it so you can have things bundled up. Since i was reworking the inventory system, i kind of overhauled the items system as well, consumables will be a thing. The guild vault is pretty much done minus the addition of the way the new items are set up. In the guild vault you'll be able to store items and copper. Items will be able to be loaned out at some point in the soon future. A bunch of the buildings for the guild have been added. They can be leveled although they don't do anything specific yet. Cheers :) 

I've also taken up MTG's advice about using timestamp as a better way to handle cron related deals. Thanks to @Dayo's example i was able to make something that'll fit my needs.

NPC's now work on a spawn system, the option to spam refresh when attacking NPC's is now gone. Energy can now be gained every 5 mins.

• 3 weeks later...