MakeWebGames

Goodbye MCCodes

Hello,

And the story begins...

So a few weeks ago I applied for a new job, this was a shock to some friends as it was not like it is next door, it's roughly 100 miles away from where I am not, so not only do I start a new job, I have to move out of home. It is pretty scary moving out for the first time, moving into a whole new environment, new place, new people. Unfortunately the contract states that I cannot partake in any other contract based work, meaning I have to leave the MCCodes team.

For those that are wondering who I am, I was employed back in March to manage there website, rebuild it, it was meant to be a small little project pretty much a restyle, but in the process I gave ideas forward for them to be approved, eventually the website turned out to be alot bigger than I first planned. However working with Cold & Dabs I did learn alot. Some of you may say v1 & v2 are crap, but when they were first started OO wasn't such a big thing as it is now, but times change, and I really hope V3 is something special, I know what they have planned, I also know things that haven't been said yet. I have always been proud of being in the team even though people did ***** and whine about various aspects.

Since I have been here I have seen NWE being released, now I am not taking sides, but it is a beautiful engine and I would never compare it to MCCodes as they are built in my opinion for different reasons. I wish both Ab, Dabs and Cold the best of look with there new engines.

As for some people here, I have not always seen eye to eye, and for that I am sorry. And to @Guest it's been fun, you even have my old job before I was at MCCodes, small world :). Just going to say thanks to Dave for being awesome designer and coder, Dabs and Cold for helping me along the way, AB despite everything you are an inspiration and someone to look up to. Also Peter when I first joined I did some business with you.

I wish everyone the best of look with whatever engine they are using now or decide to in the future. And maybe I will release my engine sometime :)

For those wondering, I am being employed as a Junior PHP Developer in Lincolnshire, UK.

I think that is it for now, as I say enjoy yourselves and maybe see you around.

Peace out :)

Note to moderators, I saw this section as fitting instead of General chat due to me being in the MCCodes team.

This is just the beginning of your journey. "Receive the light, and pass it on".

Glad we could add some value to your title in the world. You'll always have me on your list so shoot me a call/msg anytime. Keep in touch.

Hats off to you for being a dedicated worker.

Respectfully,

CB.

Thanks.

Congrats on your new job Ian.

Thankyou RoZ :)

Congratulations for your new job, and I see how stressful it is to move. I went away from Geneva to work 4 years in Italy, and now I work in a different area again, speaking again another language. So moving => I start to know. Yes it's scary at first but can actually be very positive ;)

Good luck for your future projects and I'm sure you will be missed, as anyhow you did improved the McCodes website providing new features which was needed (some more could be needed but hey, things are never finished, right?)

Congratulations for your new job, and I see how stressful it is to move. I went away from Geneva to work 4 years in Italy, and now I work in a different area again, speaking again another language. So moving => I start to know. Yes it's scary at first but can actually be very positive ;)

Good luck for your future projects and I'm sure you will be missed, as anyhow you did improved the McCodes website providing new features which was needed (some more could be needed but hey, things are never finished, right?)

Wow Italy :o.

Yes it still might need features but as all products progress new things are needed :), good luck with NWE.

Excellent news Ian ya jammy sod lol are there any vacancies for us lot lol.. have a great time and work hard, Youve already achieved what you thought was the impossible, whos achieved a great deal here so its only fair you pass your knowledge on to others... bye for now friend and stay in touch from time to time...

Roy...

Congratz to you Ian. It's always nice to see people being rewarded for their hard work and dedication to something. Wish you all the best in your new endeavors.

Once you move the first time ... any subsequent moves are easy. =))

Hopefully i won't have to move again for a few years :)

Excellent news Ian ya jammy sod lol are there any vacancies for us lot lol.. have a great time and work hard, Youve already achieved what you thought was the impossible, whos achieved a great deal here so its only fair you pass your knowledge on to others... bye for now friend and stay in touch from time to time...

Roy...

Cheers bud.

Well done on reaching the "Possimpable".

Good luck on the job.

And in general thanks for your kind goodbyes, still a shame that I have to move on with life.

Thanks for the mention man! Glad to see you've found a job finally!

Now you can pay me that money you owe me ;)

Wait I owe you :o

jk you'll get it soon :)

Good Luck Ian! Wishing you all the best in this new adventure.

Cheers

I don't think we've ever communicated, but I'm happy to see that you've started your life, and hopefully turn it into a career :)

Good luck, Ian, and have fun!

Haha thanks, first day of work today ad it was ****ing fantastic, so relaxed and yeh awesome ^.^