MakeWebGames

Server down

Dear MWG users,

Server was down for about 8 hours today due to a small server fault. It has now been fixed and a script has been put in place so this "Internal Server" error doesn't happen again.

This issue arises due to one system file on the server gets too big over time (~ 3 months) causing the server to spit up the "Internal Server" error.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Your friendly admin,

ColdBlooded.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol...i did not notice it either...

I remember when I was hosted with Byethost, sometimes the sever would overload and go offline. It would require me to get on and manually restart the VPS. (WHAT A PAIN !!!)

It liked to overload right when I would go to sleep for the night so the game would be off for 8+ hours....

Anyway glad the problem has been fixed. :)

• 3 months later...

The MCCodes server where MWG was hosted was under a DDOS attack. Many connections were forced to connect to the server and other servers in the datacenter, causing the servers to crash. This DDOS was targeted on BioHazards account hosted by the MCC server. Added and strengthen protection has been put so server doesn't fall to such DDOS attack again.

We apologize for the downtime inconvenience for the past few days.

Like an IP helps any in a DDoS attack. The IPs would be all victim IPs. Unless he was dumb enough to be using some really really old XR botnets.

Either way, adding true DDoS protection on a server is hella expensive. Like 200-400+ per month. So did you get that protection? Or just like a smarter iptables rule or some new apache modules?

Edited by Neon

Yeah, it is quite costly to have a fullproof ddos protection running on a server. Got something similar on the server now. Along with custom scripts made by us installed on the server to stop a similar attack again. We are monitoring the server frequently to see how that stands up for a few days.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I can tell its the most likely scenario. As the index files have all been replaced for this site, monodistrict (which is the only site they have bothered to do anything about) and mccodes.com.

Always upgrade usually this is done by bots just looking for sites running older versions and then exploit the server. Quick upload execute script and your index files are all toast and it usually creates new html, htm files

I heard as soon as my friend called me up at least 8 times. The Turkish hackers can't be stopped, becase there's no way of finding out the location of the hackers. The way these hackers do it, is leave no trace by only a marking that they have been there. They know how to get into your server, and what they did is made your security defenses vulnerable to attack harder, and clearing the server cache to keep from trace. I suggest backing up the whole server, and reload the whole server with new linux OS and setting up the security defenses before putting this site back online. Their prime directive is to steal products from other companies websites, and some personal data stored in the server so they can use it against your will.

The only way they could get caught is if they get into the federal servers, and the FBI gets alerted about the issue.

• Like 1

gambino seriously stfu you dont even know how to code let alone anything about hackers all you do on these forums is chat so much ****

like example look at this bullshit

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=153826304682195&set=a.153826301348862.34514.153825024682323&type=3&theater

haha new company car if you actually knew how to use PhotoShop or should i say Paint you would remember

1) Reflections on the car logo

2) make it look professional not like a 5 year old has drawn it.

3) BULLSHIT

Edited by urbanmafia

gambino seriously stfu you dont even know how to code let alone anything about hackers all you do on these forums is chat so much ****

like example look at this bullshit

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=153826304682195&set=a.153826301348862.34514.153825024682323&type=3&theater

haha new company car if you actually knew how to use PhotoShop or should i say Paint you would remember

1) Reflections on the car logo

2) make it look professional not like a 5 year old has drawn it.

3) BULLSHIT

I actually think he has issues, every time he comes back the bullshit gets worse and worse.