MakeWebGames

Crafting, Actions and New York mafia Theme

Dayo

15 hours ago, Uridium said:

IS GL the new MCCODES or just a money grabber from an engine that once was 

The core engine is still free, but not everything can be free. These three things have taken about 30 hours to code, when i make something for GL I value my time at £10 per hour (below minimum wage in the UK) and base everything off of selling it 3/4 times to recoup that money. If the mod didnt take that long to make (usually under 2 hours) or it is used to highlight a feature of the engine i will release it for free. 

Granted I think there should be more free stuff but the ideas i get for free mods are very specific to someones game so not great for everyone or they would require multiple hours to code. Something i currently cant do with a wedding coming up and I'm buying a house at the same time.

• Like 4

On 3/14/2024 at 7:44 AM, Dayo said:

Something i currently cant do with a wedding coming up and I'm buying a house at the same time.

Dayo ... Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and the purchase of a new home. Wishing you all the best.

• Like 1

It's a shame that there are still members who think they can make money from it, there have already been several games and they all disappear so quickly, understand that it takes time to make it, but do it for your hobby and for others who have it for hobby. It's now an investment of 0%.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and the purchase of a new home.

Chris gave us a whole game engine for free! GL is what you make it! If you are willing to put the time in you can make something inspiring with it. 

I'd encourage anyone who wants to own and run a game to use GL as a starting point.. I mean, what's the alternative ? $50 on mccode v2 which imo is outdated and would take just as many hours (if not more) to get to a "playable" game as a GL one would. 

Yes not EVERY module Chris release's is free and will probably need extra work to suit your games UI / Mechanics but they are solid starting points and decent additions for anyone's project. 

I'd agree that some people try to use the marketplace as a "money grabber" but not Dayo.

So to answer @Uridium i do believe "GL is the new mccodes" w.e that means..

Finally.. Congrats Dayo on wedding/house very well deserved! I'm sure you have worked very hard for it 🙂 

• Like 2

I completely agree with that, but tell me how many people put this version online, stay online for a month and then they disappear again because nowadays hardly anyone can get more players on their game, so buying modules is a 0% investment. Some members like me still do it as a hobby and then it unfortunately becomes too expensive. I personally think if the modules are kept cheap despite the amount of work they have put into them, they will sell more and you will still earn your time back and everyone will be happy.

Sorry for my translation my English is not good

It is true that people come and go but that is because they want an instant return and they don't put in enough to make a game work and it is continuous work - the game, the code, the community. I don't believe games struggle to get players, games struggle to keep them all interested long enough or they don't get what they're playing and get bored to find out its actually okay. If you don't make an investment to make your game better then you simply survive. IF the dev has released something you want and they deem it to be worth x price then that's what it should be. If its out of a price range then you either wait or attempt to make yourself (as that is another part of these games is to dev yourself as well to a degree). I agree about the hobby as hobbies are always something you work on. 

@Uridium yes "GL is the new mccodes", put it simply one is still developed and one ended long ago.

Congrats Dayo on the upcoming wedding and house purchase very exciting times for yourself and your partner! 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 12:44 PM, Dayo said:

The core engine is still free, but not everything can be free. These three things have taken about 30 hours to code, when i make something for GL I value my time at £10 per hour (below minimum wage in the UK) and base everything off of selling it 3/4 times to recoup that money. If the mod didnt take that long to make (usually under 2 hours) or it is used to highlight a feature of the engine i will release it for free. 

Granted I think there should be more free stuff but the ideas i get for free mods are very specific to someones game so not great for everyone or they would require multiple hours to code. Something i currently cant do with a wedding coming up and I'm buying a house at the same time.

not the right topic for this but let me extend my warmest congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Love is a beautiful journey, and I’m thrilled that you’ve found your perfect partner.
May your days be filled with laughter, and wishing you both a lifetime of happiness.

Edited by ags_cs4