MakeWebGames

Music Battle - Open for Pre-registration

Dave

logo-small.png.0fe7f4ff9903f722fa9495b9d9902dfa.png

MusicBattle - Free to play MMORPG

I'm very excited to announce that I have recently acquired Music Battle, a free to play MMORPG centered around becoming the best musician you can be in the gritty underworld that is the music empire.

The game was originally released way back ~2008 and was an incredibly success but was sadly left to die by it's former owner. The game is based off the same formula as the original sister game Prison Struggle, meaning it has a solid play style, economy and user interaction baked in.

Pre-registration

All pre-registered users will get earlier access to a public beta version of the game along with in game perks come launch, you can pre-register on our temporary landing page here: https://musicbattle.online/

If you're interested in helping beta test in closed beta please send me a PM and I'll consider you to help out!

Planned Improvements

Before the public release there are a number of improvements I'm working on to ensure gameplay is fun, balanced and bug free.

• Update all code to use the latest PHP 7 / MySQL standards
    • This in turn includes a large number of bug fixes, as jumping from PHP 5 to 7 introduces a lot of bugs
  • Optimize any inefficient code to ensure the game runs as quick as possible
  • Update the theme to be more friendly and understandable (and be the correct orientation!)
  • Improve UI of all important features to bring them to a modern standard
  • Rebuild registration & landing pages to improve conversion of sign ups
  • Remove the hilarious amount of Flash / SWF files from the game
  • Update donation / revenue strategy to remove as much "Pay to Win" elements from the game

Once we've launched I intend to make frequent improvements to the game itself and the overall play style, this includes:

• Adding a footer style chat system to the game
  • Responsive / mobile layouts along with potentially a dedicated app
  • New features / functionality based on user feedback

Screenshots

Below you can see some initial screens of the game, I've revamped many aspects of the UI of the game along with improving the overall feel from the original look (which had a gross right menu bar).

1743971089_ScreenShot2020-03-16at11_52_05AM.thumb.png.b66c197caed217b0b1f24e868142914b.png

1059057733_ScreenShot2020-03-16at11_52_12AM.thumb.png.221f411e39f095c9cf9de151018ffad1.png

2025537147_ScreenShot2020-03-16at11_52_24AM.thumb.png.45d0f8b6a2487c754ebb4b7c6e1f6666.png

1978464294_ScreenShot2020-03-16at11_52_32AM.thumb.png.74edce54b32842eaffbf6a59dc584043.png

• Like 1

oh dave when are we going to work together ?...lol

I own Thugbattle.com,Hobobattle.com, and Redneckbattle.com. I also bought BasicRPG.com and CommonRPG.com just because why not ?...lol

We could start a network...lol...musicbattle fits right in hahaha

On a real note, Congrats. I've heard of that game before and remember it being popular back in the day. I think the design was made by the same team who made all of mine. Bluetrendz.com

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Curt said:

oh dave when are we going to work together ?...lol

I own Thugbattle.com,Hobobattle.com, and Redneckbattle.com. I also bought BasicRPG.com and CommonRPG.com just because why not ?...lol

We could start a network...lol...musicbattle fits right in hahaha

On a real note, Congrats. I've heard of that game before and remember it being popular back in the day. I think the design was made by the same team who made all of mine. Bluetrendz.com

I haven't ran a game in a real long time, so let's see how well this first one goes. It's mad expensive preparing this game for release so let's hope it doesn't flop.

If you have any tips on how to market these games effectively I badly need that information.

Thanks man! Yeah it had a large player base at one point with fairly good activity, I've got a fair amount of work to bring the code and UI up to date along with balancing some things, so wish me luck! It was actually designed by Sergio from SosFactory: https://www.sosfactory.com/

• Like 1

I haven't had luck marketing lately myself. I was able to get about 40+ players back by emailing past players. From there I hope word of mouth will spread.

I ran two facebook ad's for a total of 60$. Targeted younger males first time, got a couple signups but no one stayed. Second time targeted, 30-50 yr olds. That one did horrible not many clicks at all.

I think if you build a quality product/service then players will join. It's also in your favor that your are a programmer as well 😉

There are a lot of game owners that don't know how to program. The more you know, the more you maximize profit.

Look forward to see where things go with this.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I haven't had luck marketing lately myself. I was able to get about 40+ players back by emailing past players. From there I hope word of mouth will spread.

I ran two facebook ad's for a total of 60$. Targeted younger males first time, got a couple signups but no one stayed. Second time targeted, 30-50 yr olds. That one did horrible not many clicks at all.

I think if you build a quality product/service then players will join. It's also in your favor that your are a programmer as well 😉

There are a lot of game owners that don't know how to program. The more you know, the more you maximize profit.

Look forward to see where things go with this.

Ah okay that sucks, yeah I was going to run ads on Facebook to see how they fair once I'm live, I'll share what happens with you gladly.

Indeed! I'm a firm believer in building quality products, I do it all day at work so hopefully I can replicate that here. Yeah if I wasn't a programmer the development costs would already be in the thousands of dollars for the amount of work I've done on the code base. I've also had to redesign the header / outside areas to make them more... modern, so helpful also being a designer haha.

Me too, hoping to open up an early private beta for a select few people to find any bugs before I let all the pre-registered users come and most likely break the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing this back in action! 

In terms of marketing you might be best trying to contact low-level gaming youtubers to give the game a play and offer them a referal code for them to earn some cash, alternatively if you have the money then pay one of the bigger ones.

I own a few companies and I spend thousands a months of Facebook, your probably best not spending a penny on Facebook until you have sent enough data for it to start finding users to match your current user base for you, and then use it's remarketing potential to pick up any users that have not visited but not registered/registered not come back. If you just stick money on Facebook hoping you'll get traction you'll likely loose hope on it quickly... when in fact if done correctly you can see great results.

You could also look at Google AdWords, but can be expensive so depends on the financials you have available.

I still think one of the best sources of users will be top game sites, maybe pay for some paid advertising on a bunch of these and then try and re-capture any traffic that doesn't register using Facebook

If anyone would like any help/tips on marketing feel free to drop me a DM!

Edited by Aaron_
  • Like 1

Another little progress update, a lot has happened since I posted this but hadn't got around to updating this topic.

Misc:

• Implemented custom confirm dialog and moved away from using window.confirm.
  • Modified crimes to have a chance of using a % of your awake.
  • Added awake into modifier for crime success, if you're tired you're gonna fail more.
  • Modified gym to reduce the amount of awake taken from training.
  • Further UI improvements throughout entire game.
  • Fixed numerous bugs throughout.
  • Added up to date bot protection methods to catch and ban cheaters.
  • Fixed and implemented all crons (yes I'd been testing the game without crons up to this point).
  • Implement numerous factories & singleton classes with caching to improve performance on repeatably loading the same model.
  • Added composer auto loader for easier inclusion of modules.
  • Swapped BBCode library for a modern choice with built in XSS protection, and more BBCodes.
  • Probably some other stuff....

Now for ones with pretty pictures!

New Registration:

I designed and built a new registration, as the game previously had a very awful and non user friendly registration page. This registration is fully responsive, I'l also worked on making the login responsive to hopefully be able to attract some more mobile players!

image.thumb.png.9eae5e8f71589c217e441f5d079d411f.png

Basic Avatar System

I wanted a way for characters to feel personal, so I implemented a very simple avatar system with further customization planned for once I release the game.

image.thumb.png.ec718c0c8577605e5b380eb7299797d6.png

Forums

I deem it really important for players to be able to communicate in the game. Not just to each other but to staff members in an open forum, due to this I commissioned @Magictallguy to build a forum for the game:

image.thumb.png.e72c4392e3fca588abd63019665d8241.png

Better Slots:

Apparently slots are an important way of making money, who'd have though! I rebuilt the entire slots system and implemented more realistic prizes based on multipliers of where your barrels end up landing. Yes you can end up getting x30 your bet back!

image.thumb.png.c7f006d20a4a189506fd474041bab4ef.png

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Aaron_ said:

Updates look great, really like the avatars, did you design them yourself?

When are you planning on launching?

Thanks! I composed them but the designer who did the game layout created them.

Got an ever shrinking list of things I wanna do before my private beta, mainly tweaking the economy which cannot be done post launch without a reset. But hopefully just a couple more weeks 😌

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very excited to announce that myself and @Aaron_ have entered into a partnership to accelerate, improve and create the best game possible. Aaron_ will be helping with programming & marketing, while I continue to focus on both programming and UI / graphics.

• Like 2

Guys it seems there is a trend that is just non stop now, all the games having the same layout.

I personally have always loved hobowars.com there is a lot of new players which would love a new one made, or even people who have played this game for years he would love a new game like this one. I have been on topweb game listings/ browser game listings for so long now yet too find anything like this. The thing that made this game huge was a lot of the game could be played multiple ways as your hobo stat totals came into a ratio, certain ratio beats others etc.

When it came to missions/adventures they were all hand made/ thought of, required to use your brain do riddles etc. 

Not taking anything away from anyone''s work like do not get me wrong, the sites look great and obviously consistently work well and bring in some player base. I just think there is room for a huge game to come in that''s loaded with stuff and just take the market by storm. Because everyone especially right now need a past time.

If hobowars has become this big with an owner who does not care much, imagine how big it would be with constant updates to keep the community excited for years to come. There is not 1 other game like hobowars from what I have seen on the market right now, If you are happy with how your games are going now then sure I can appreciate that. But if you both are really keen on making something huge with a massive community I think a game like that could be never ending success if made correctly.

Good job guys! games look greeat