MakeWebGames

Ajax Chat System

7 minutes ago, Eurogangster said:

I am just suggest them to create a chat script to be integrated in GL

Someone else requested I convert my MCCodes v2 mod to GL the other day, so as there's clearly demand I'll gladly do so.

Here's the original mod for MCCodes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eurogangster said:

Nice. Because i dont understand very well. This script is for the Gangster ? or you will create it ?

This script is for MCCodes, I'll create a new version for GLv2 in the coming week and upload it and let you know ?

• Like 1

I’ve had some issues with the Ajax gang chat last I installed it. Every time I went to staff panel to enter requirements, and upon confirmation. It would open a window within a window and log me out. Did anyone else experience this? 

9 minutes ago, SHAD said:

I’ve had some issues with the Ajax gang chat last I installed it. Every time I went to staff panel to enter requirements, and upon confirmation. It would open a window within a window and log me out. Did anyone else experience this? 

Is this on MCCodes? Happy to provide support if you want to PM me more details.

The chat for GLv2 will be a rebuild rather than a conversion, so the same issues won't be present.

23 minutes ago, Dave said:

Is this on MCCodes? Happy to provide support if you want to PM me more details.

The chat for GLv2 will be a rebuild rather than a conversion, so the same issues won't be present.

Yes, this was when I last installed it. I will set it up and try it again and post back. Thanks.

• Like 1

Work on the chat is going great. As mentioned previously this is not a port of my MCCodes module and rather a brand new module.

So far I've implemented the following features:

• Ability to create, edit and delete channels based on user level and location within the admin via a UI
    • Options allow for creating open global chat, staff chat or location based chats
  • Ability to chat in channels within game for all users with expanding text area and nice UI
  • Ability to hide / show individual chat channels
  • Private messaging between users
    • Chat button included on profile page to start a new chat with a user

What's left:

• Gang chat
  • Admin controls within chat UI
    • Ban users from chat
    • Delete chat messages 
  • Settings in admin

Hopefully I'll wrap this up this week and then I'll be asking @Dayo for a review prior to posting it on the marketplace for you all.

I'm looking at charging $30.00 for this and I intend to update it with new features if there's demand.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, SHAD said:

Would it be possible to convert to mccodes v2? This one sounds a lot better then the previous one.

Maybe if there's demand, the old one has most of the features minus PMs which could potentially be added as an upgrade

• Like 1