MakeWebGames

Announcing MWG Marketplace

Dave

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

The Marketplace is doing amazing, we're seeing so many purchases per week along with great submissions all the time, when I pitched the idea to @ColdBlooded about moving the MCCodes marketplace to the forum I didn't think it'd be so much of a success.

However, I've modified the marketplace commission & transaction fee rates (effective April 11th 2020) to better support the forum. As the cost of most of the extensions are quite low on the marketplace (under $10) and as PayPal fees are not forgiving for low cost purchases ($5.00 and below the PayPal fees are higher than the current 10% commission rate) I believe these changes will ensure the community can continue to thrive. Due to the potential of loss and the idea behind the commission to help support and maintain the forum I've made the following changes to the marketplace costs for developers:

• $0.50 transaction fee for all Marketplace transactions
  • 10% commission, as currently implemented

This will not hurt the buyers of your extensions but rather ensure that MWG can continue to thrive and implement new features and stay a hub for this community which I'm very grateful to have back. I would still recommend setting your extension price above the $10 mark to ensure you're adequately compensated for your great work! 

While I've tried to minimize costs for withdrawals we do still incur some fees for those of you outside of the US due to needing to transfer money into your country (specifically the UK), this is why I opened up UK bank transfers to help minimize the PayPal fees.

To have full transparency on these changes I wanted to share with you the costs of running MakeWebGames, all be it some of these aren't strictly necessary it's where we are:

• $40/month hosting costs
  • $70/6 months for software renewal
  • IPS forum software original purchase of ~$400

I hope you can see my reasoning behind this change, if you have any questions please respond below!

I think this is a great move, I’ve been pricing modules above the 10usd mark for the sole reason of not costing MWG any money. This will allow me to make modules cheaper while still supporting the forum!

the work and effort you put into this forum does not go un noticed and if this helps recoup a little bit of the costs then I’m more then happy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dayo said:

I think this is a great move, I’ve been pricing modules above the 10usd mark for the sole reason of not costing MWG any money. This will allow me to make modules cheaper while still supporting the forum!

the work and effort you put into this forum does not go un noticed and if this helps recoup a little bit of the costs then I’m more then happy.

Great! I'm glad this enables you to make cheaper modules so everyone can benefit, I appreciate all the modules you've put onto the marketplace 🙂

17 hours ago, Sim said:

Being able to view the modules on the GL admin panel would be excellent to get more downloads and sales, especially if they didn't download GL from MWG .

this is a really good idea would bring more users to the forums and also generate more purchases for the marketplace if they are listed maybe in a section of the modules in GL. would be good if dave could issue GL with its own REST API access for just read access to GL downloads category so it has a efficient way of retrieving the data. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sim said:

Being able to view the modules on the GL admin panel would be excellent to get more downloads and sales, especially if they didn't download GL from MWG .

56 minutes ago, urbanmafia said:

this is a really good idea would bring more users to the forums and also generate more purchases for the marketplace if they are listed maybe in a section of the modules in GL. would be good if dave could issue GL with its own REST API access for just read access to GL downloads category so it has a efficient way of retrieving the data. 

This is something me and dave have looked into and it is possible, we talked about it before christmas, just have to get the time to develop it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a few things I would to see added. 

Able to message all purchasers or people who downloaded.

I am unable to see my free files in the my marketplace files.

Get notified of new releases automatically if you downloaded or purchased a mod.

In my account balance it does not list where my money is coming from, I'd like to be able to see that. If I ever deleted a paid mod, I wouldn't know where my money came from. I also don't like having to go to another page to view balance and purchases.

Get notified of purchases

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sim said:

Here's a few things I would to see added. 

Able to message all purchasers or people who downloaded.

I am unable to see my free files in the my marketplace files.

Get notified of new releases automatically if you downloaded or purchased a mod.

In my account balance it does not list where my money is coming from, I'd like to be able to see that. If I ever deleted a paid mod, I wouldn't know where my money came from. I also don't like having to go to another page to view balance and purchases.

Get notified of purchases

Thanks for the feedback, we'll certainly consider these changes 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sim said:

I never doubted getting paid from the MWG marketplace ad I have been a member of this community for many years, but probably is always good to show those in doubt. Here's a screenshot. 

IMG_20200505_110010.thumb.jpg.6a9cdcff940fc72772ff6b8104c6bdd7.jpg

Thanks for being part of the marketplace and congratulations on your first cash out 🙂 Hopefully the first of many! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

We now only support withdrawals from CashApp, PayPal and UK Bank Transfers. This is due to the effort involved with supporting custom withdrawal methods. All other custom withdrawal types are no longer offered nor supported. 

Just now, Sim said:

Everyone can thank me for Cash APP withdrawals. 🙂

I was hesitant but it took 2 clicks so it's not bad. Some others request lengthy costly withdrawals which are a time sink on my part.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

I was hesitant but it took 2 clicks so it's not bad. Some others request lengthy costly withdrawals which are a time sink on my part.

I like simple. Probably more simple then PayPal. Don't need to login, the APP on your phone. Free transfers, except to bank account.

• 2 years later...

With the closure of the MWG Marketplace, I've contacted all users who hold a remaining credit on their account to request their PayPal emails for their withdrawal.

I am exploring how people whom have purchased modules through the marketplace will be able to continue to download them once the Marketplace aspect of the forum is removed.

The closure of the Marketplace is partly due to the community software deprecating the features which support it.