MakeWebGames

Getting back into game development

Dayo

The last year or so i have taken a break from any serious game development, but now that is finished i will be getting back into game development.

If there is any work that you need doing i.e. mods, templates, securing, bug fixing etc feel free to contact me via PM.

Examples of work:

- Available upon request

Languages:

HTML/CSS

JS/JQuery

PHP/MySQL (+MsSQL but im sure no one uses it here)

TFA = The Forbidden Age

It was a awesome concept that was being developed by [MENTION=64684]Dayo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=66223]DreamCoder[/MENTION].

Yea it was a good/unique concept but as you can see there were alot of features/gameplay ideas too much for me to take on atm :P

Good luck dude! GL V2 looked really good with all the OOP, you going to start that again? What's TFA?

The thing is i wish i would of coded it a different way now. Just latley ive been using JS for 90% of my work and only using PHP to do DB calls but to do this i would be better off starting from scratch

Yea it was a good/unique concept but as you can see there were alot of features/gameplay ideas too much for me to take on atm :P

The thing is i wish i would of coded it a different way now. Just latley ive been using JS for 90% of my work and only using PHP to do DB calls but to do this i would be better off starting from scratch

I enjoy using JavaScript a lot more too. Why not start it again? Instead of making a fully fledged engine why not make a base game skeleton where users can cater it to how they want? What editor/IDE do you use for JavaScript development?

Edited by Script47

I'd like to see a really good GL engine started again, one that could be flexible to use for different genres of projects as well, with tons of features out of the gate and easy to add modules. Welcome back Dayo...good to see you getting back into it again. I know i'm glad i'm getting back into it too!

• 3 weeks later...

After looking throght my old archives i found the old TFA documents and looking at the artwork now available on graphic river/open game art i decided to re start TFA but rather then start with the million features i had planned before ill make the core of the game then add new features as i go. I have the main framework coded up and most of the database structure designed. Over the weekend ill code up the front end template from my sketches. Whilst im doing that my brother will be starting work on the content i.e. making the items, NPCs, towns etc.

I also have 20 days of holiday i have to take at work so i may take a week or two so i can get some serious development underway. Im not going too put a time scale down at the moment as i have to go through every module and plan what i need to do.

Does any one know of a project management tool that is any good as the one we use at work is crap lol.

• 1 month later...

Ohh Heyyy i got a mention, Dayumm HI SNIKO

Yeah TFA was a rather huge project when I first planned up all the contents, ideas and so forth. I then pitched it to [MENTION=64684]Dayo[/MENTION] as we have previously encountered each other before, and he found my "vision" of TFA good i hope.

So we decided to partner up, then the project hit a hold when Chris *Dayo* got busy with IRL stuff and I moved away from anything to do with games. But I'm happy to see Dayo picking it back up!

Oh and i should probably say Welcome back Dayo!

Edited by DreamCoder

• 3 years later...
On 6/2/2015 at 7:54 AM, Dayo said:

The last year or so i have taken a break from any serious game development, but now that is finished i will be getting back into game development.

If there is any work that you need doing i.e. mods, templates, securing, bug fixing etc feel free to contact me via PM.

Examples of work:

- Available upon request

Languages:

HTML/CSS

JS/JQuery

PHP/MySQL (+MsSQL but im sure no one uses it here)

Messaged you regarding css and html work. Old thread I know but if your still looking for the work let me know.  Thanks