MakeWebGames

1and1.co.uk Review (short)

Zettieee

Hello people!

Doing this quick review as 1and1.co.uk have pissed me off enough for me to take some time out fo my day and write this.

This is only a review of the domain register.

K let's get down to it.

Price: 5/5

Cheapest price around! I paid £1.19 for a year. Cant be that.

Support: 1/5

No ticket system/live chat. Only mobile number and email.

Dashboard: 3/5

Does what I needed. Changed my name servers and never loggedin again. But it has some nice features to do with contracts and other junk.

Spam: 5/5

They are great at spamming! I mean holy ****. since i've registered my domain I've had 7 emails asking me if I need coding, designs, re-designs, management system, on site helpers, admins, HTML lessons, asking what I plan to do with the website.

They wanted to give me everything! Some guy even emailed me, addressing me by my name and knowing alot about my site already, offering me serviced I didn't need or want.

Payment options: 2/5

Paypal was an option but it took them 3 days to take payment.

Overview:

If you want a cheap domain, make a new email they can spam. Use a fake name.

I'll hazard a guess and say that they didn't actually spam you themselves?

May want to pay for who's guard next time, if you didn't.

It appears that a domain lookup service somewhere makes it easy to find newly registered domains as I register them in different places depending on extension, to keep costs down, but always get emails regardless of registrar.

I'd think not all sell your information outright, if any.

GoDaddy havent done anything to annoy me. Literally, no spam etc

So many things wrong with GoDaddy. Especially that the other day when their DNS somehow messed up (I've never had another domain registrar do this) and managed to lose one of my clients £20,000 worth of orders. Best part had to be the 1 hour+ waiting time on the phone line to speak to anyone.

They also supported SOPA until they realised none of their customers did > http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/116891/will-stack-overflow-boycott-godaddy-because-of-their-support-for-sopa

So many things wrong with GoDaddy. Especially that the other day when their DNS somehow messed up (I've never had another domain registrar do this) and managed to lose one of my clients £20,000 worth of orders. Best part had to be the 1 hour+ waiting time on the phone line to speak to anyone.

They also supported SOPA until they realised none of their customers did > http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/116891/will-stack-overflow-boycott-godaddy-because-of-their-support-for-sopa

Thats a bad mess up to make. Also didn't know the SOPA stance. To be fair, it does what I need and haven't needed to find out what their support is like so far, so I'm hoping it continues

Thats a bad mess up to make. Also didn't know the SOPA stance. To be fair, it does what I need and haven't needed to find out what their support is like so far, so I'm hoping it continues

It'll be when something goes wrong you'll get frustrated!

Just in case you want to move to an awesome domain registrar http://moveyourdomainday.com - you missed it this year, they might do another one at some point soon!

[h=2]Free & Open Internet Is What It’s All About![/h]On January 27, MoveYourDomainDay 2015, you transferred 33427 domains to Namecheap. As a result of your MYDD purchases, we’ve donated $50845.50 to the Electronic Frontier Foundation, to help support their on-going fight against legislation that limits the rights and access of average web users. Thanks for your participation!

So many things wrong with GoDaddy. Especially that the other day when their DNS somehow messed up (I've never had another domain registrar do this) and managed to lose one of my clients £20,000 worth of orders. Best part had to be the 1 hour+ waiting time on the phone line to speak to anyone.rl

Sure.. Just blame it on GoDaddy. Like it couldn't have been your host? =]

But NEVER and i mean NEVER use GoDaddy for hosting!! GoDaddy for domains all day and night. I've never had a problem. If you need support for setting up a domain with GoDaddy after purchasing one from GoDaddy, you need more then tech support =]

Ive had over 100 domains in my life-time with GoDaddy. I currently got around 10 or so... never 1 issue.

- - - Updated - - -

It'll be when something goes wrong you'll get frustrated!

Just in case you want to move to an awesome domain registrar http://moveyourdomainday.com - you missed it this year, they might do another one at some point soon!

[/color]

Where's the Dislike+9 button

Sure.. Just blame it on GoDaddy. Like it couldn't have been your host? =]

But NEVER and i mean NEVER use GoDaddy for hosting!! GoDaddy for domains all day and night. I've never had a problem. If you need support for setting up a domain with GoDaddy after purchasing one from GoDaddy, you need more then tech support =]

Ive had over 100 domains in my life-time with GoDaddy. I currently got around 10 or so... never 1 issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Where's the Dislike+9 button

We rent dedicated machines and the DNS is still managed by GoDaddy....

If you complain easily get 1year of free hosting added to your count:)

I am currently using 1and1 for the fact that when I registered my domain, it costed $1 for the first year. Hindsight tells me I should have lied/faked some of the information I put on it, because well, phone calls, email spam, etc.

I haven't got any other bad experiences with 1and1 personally, mainly because I set the DNS and haven't logged in since. (LOL)