MakeWebGames

Zettieee - Top Designer!

You can't see it because he never posted a picture or link

Lol thats what i was getting at. Would be nice to see the work he is being praised for

- - - Updated - - -

You can't see it because he never posted a picture or link

Lol thats what i was getting at. Would be nice to see the work he is being praised for

- - - Updated - - -

haha was not sure if you were on a crappy mobile which don't show images very well yeh would be nice to see but its up to op

• 11 months later...
That was one reason I drifted away from NWE...the system wasn't really set up to accommodate really nice looking designs easily. That template is fairly nice, but not really anything eye-popping. For me anyway, other scripts were easier to convert into something eye-catching.

I actually don't see how this is accurate. I by no means any good at templating but HTML/CSS is HTML/CSS. I just don't understand how an engine or a framework limits you on a template design. Sure NWE has its quirks if you want to keep some of the engines js functional without having to rewrite it you have to keep class and id names the same but that's a draw back of having a community oriented modular system. With any other system you still have to edit your files to do the same but at least with NWE it's only like 1 or 2 files you have to edit since the templates come with a functions file and all the client side stuff is rendered in the main.php file. NWE just requires a structure is all I'm trying to get at here

I actually don't see how this is accurate. I by no means any good at templating but HTML/CSS is HTML/CSS. I just don't understand how an engine or a framework limits you on a template design. Sure NWE has its quirks if you want to keep some of the engines js functional without having to rewrite it you have to keep class and id names the same but that's a draw back of having a community oriented modular system. With any other system you still have to edit your files to do the same but at least with NWE it's only like 1 or 2 files you have to edit since the templates come with a functions file and all the client side stuff is rendered in the main.php file. NWE just requires a structure is all I'm trying to get at here
I agree html/css is really html/css so implementing a design should be relatively easy, although you may lose functionality of what was there before e.g the JS it isnt hard the render them back in place or even create new ones

True, no? It's just like creating a template for any other framework. It's best to follow their pattern to get the same functionality

Yep and in my experience html is very adaptable. And tbh css pairs with it quite easily. There should be no difficulty fitting a template/design to an engine. If there are javascript functions that require certain identifiers then the css can either just those or simply add another class to the element

• 2 months later...