MakeWebGames

We're sorry but...

we're going to have to go Offline for a few good hours later this week. :(

We are moving dedicated hosting from one of our dedicated box to cloud hosting service. Migrating this stack (along with other RPG related sites) over to Digital Ocean in a coming couple of days.

Exact time to be confirmed and announced 12 hours before take down.

Hope everything goes smooth.

We'll be up as soon as possible though.

I think we should get some sort of free mod for the downtime :P

MCCodes themselves don't create mods as far as I know, and they can't really just "give out" others peoples mods for free..

I think we should get some sort of free mod for the downtime :P

Actually, they don't give free mods, that they create away, but on their website, they do have lists after lists of FREE mods that this community has given away for FREE... they are already giving us this FREE forum to use, and the FREE mccode Lite engine.!! Can't complain...

Im considering switching to digital ocean. Let us know how you get on

--- Quote ---

When someone asks me where I host my stuff, I say with confidence the same company every time - Digital Ocean.

Since I joined them a few months back (maybe November 2013...?), I've not only had 100% uptime (their guarantee is 99.99% Uptime), but their support is fast, reliable, and easy!

I highly suggest you signup and deploy a droplet with them and follow them on Twitter for the latest news.

Source

But in all seriousness

They're awesome to do business with!

Clearly stated they're building a LAMP stack, so with one already built and available, my question remains - why bother redoing what's done?

Wouldn't rewrite jquery just to use a function, would you?

Edit: you're

Clearly stated they're building a LAMP stack, so with one already built and available, my question remains - why bother redoing what's done?

Wouldn't rewrite jquery just to use a function, would you?

Edit: you're

I meant why would THEY use a LAMP stack, if your building something from scratch intending to not use a template, could of used nginx

I meant why would THEY use a LAMP stack, if your building something from scratch intending to not use a template, could of used nginx

Ah, I took that message wrong, indeed.

And I have no idea - I guess it does fit the needs, even if not the best choice for the requirements.

• 3 weeks later...

Server migration has been completed. MakeWebGames.com now lives on a new server, with Digital Ocean. It took a while for my DNS to propogate but got there eventually.

I've done a smoke screen test on MWG and nothing seems to be broken. We shall let MWG run for 48 hours on the server leaving a bit of time for the fallout of mwg (hopefully not) etc before moving other sites over.

Please report any issues.

Thank you all for the cooperation!