MakeWebGames

New functionality ideas

ColdBlooded

1) Android and iOS apps of MWG. I miss checking latest posts and threads while I'm out and about. Thoughts?

2) Also notifications on the threads you have posted on. If another member replies on your thread or the thread you have replied to, you get notified about it.

3) Able to like other members posts maybe..

..anymore from anyone?

1) Android and iOS apps of MWG. I miss checking latest posts and threads while I'm out and about. Thoughts?

2) Also notifications on the threads you have posted on. If another member replies on your thread or the thread you have replied to, you get notified about it.

3) Able to like other members posts maybe..

..anymore from anyone?

1): I can see that being useful to some.

2): We have it already, check your settings. (it's called subscribed threads, you can set it up to email you).

3): Reputation kind of does this, despite it's anonymity.

1): I can see that being useful to some.

2): We have it already, check your settings. (it's called subscribed threads, you can set it up to email you).

3): Reputation kind of does this, despite it's anonymity.

1) there's something on the top left corner that states "New Posts" (so... "we" have it already)

2) already replied

3) Reputation does in fact the "same", and @DjKanna, it is not "anonymous" ;)

1) there's something on the top left corner that states "New Posts" (so... "we" have it already)

2) already replied

3) Reputation does in fact the "same", and @DjKanna, it is not "anonymous" ;)

1): True.

2): :)

3): Yeah but having to type @Djkanna is just to much work for a lazy fella like myself. :P

Sniko - I personally would prefer an app to serve this purpose. The app will also create in-phone notifications when you are subscribed to threads/blogs and new content is being posted on there. Right now, MWG does not resize and fit accordingly to your mobile browser app.

Good suggestion Kyle. Adding these award badges to your profile could be good.

For rep, +1 -1 as anonymous or show usernames?

Sniko - I personally would prefer an app to serve this purpose. The app will also create in-phone notifications when you are subscribed to threads/blogs and new content is being posted on there. Right now, MWG does not resize and fit accordingly to your mobile browser app.

Good suggestion Kyle. Adding these award badges to your profile could be good.

For rep, +1 -1 as anonymous or show usernames?

In regards to the rep points maybe +1 could/should show and -1 be anon to maybe not start a hate war cause some people take things personal.

Also another idea is I believe I spoke to you about this way back when so I dont know if you remember but maybe a game url validator for various paid engines like MC and if A_B wants to hop on the bandwagon NWE for the forums?

**Edit**

Another thing, maybe fix the fact that when someone posts it tries to double post for some reason or maybe its just me

Im having an issue with MWG when i send a post damn explorer keeps saying do you want to leave this page

There's issues with this, issues with double posting, issues with editing.

Basically the whole forum has gone to the sh[it]s, at the moment. * I hate censors. *bleeping* muth*bleeep* censors.

It'll be rectified as soon as it, well, is.

In regards to the rep points maybe +1 could/should show and -1 be anon to maybe not start a hate war cause some people take things personal.

Also another idea is I believe I spoke to you about this way back when so I dont know if you remember but maybe a game url validator for various paid engines like MC and if A_B wants to hop on the bandwagon NWE for the forums?

Personalized game dev forum on this board for license holders sounds good. But, how much value will it give the forum holder? How will they use it to benefit their game? Why not just use the general engine owner boards as is?

**Edit**

Another thing, maybe fix the fact that when someone posts it tries to double post for some reason or maybe its just me

Wow that's freaky, its been happening to me too for last 2 days. No clue whats wrong at the moment.

Cheers

Personalized game dev forum on this board for license holders sounds good. But, how much value will it give the forum holder? How will they use it to benefit their game? Why not just use the general engine owner boards as is?

What I mean is a field like where we put in our contact info for msn, skype, and all that jazz where we enter our game url, lasses through the validator and if returns true and adds an icon with a link to our game by our contact stuff here in the forums.

I havent seen It in a minute but sometimes people post in help topics about the OP not running licensed software. And plus it can be used as some advertising for game owners you know.

Getting this error once logged in,

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2777

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2791

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2777

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2791

I'd like a android app to get notified. instead of having to visit or getting emailed when new posts are made. =)

I seen on vBulletin, @Cronic would show a notification that someone mentioned them in a posts. I think this could be benifiicial.