MakeWebGames

Game Layout!

Razor42

Haven't been active much so thought i'd start creating something to post on here and its actually coming along really nicely (In my opinion). Basically I am attempting to make my first game layout and here is where I am at in this moment in time, so far I have just the header done and wanted to know what you all thought before I move onto the rest of the layout.

Hope you all like it so far, creative criticism encouraged.

GameHeader.gif.14291958970a2a6d9550d20cd3086d91.gif

I don't get it? You have a nuclear sign, but then a nice old-fashion retro looking wall-paper. Doesn't flow well? Plus, if I am missing something, why is it saved as a .gif? Is there movement?

I think the two styles blend well - I'm no designer, and I'm not saying you're wrong - becuase it reminds me a little of Fallout 3.

@Peter- nuclear sign I will change, any suggestions? And unsure why it is saved as .gif lol.

@Rulerofzu- There is a lot more into than just that,tern not going to lie the pattern used for the background was an open source pattern I have had for a while. As for the retro paper used I created that myself using various different brushes to add the "worn" look. So to answer what you said, non of this is placing one image over an other and saving it as a .gif!.

Also thanks for the positive comments :).

I don't get it? You have a nuclear sign, but then a nice old-fashion retro looking wall-paper. Doesn't flow well? Plus, if I am missing something, why is it saved as a .gif? Is there movement?

If memory serves me correctly the last time there was nuclear war was in the 40's. Pretty old fashioned if you ask me.

Small update!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]725[/ATTACH]

New opinions?

The old fashion pattern don't go with the layout, maybe try a different background with the image you are using the star on that flag thing. The flag is also to big can be resized by 5px smaller then what it is. It maybe my screen size why the flag part looks big.

Edited by lucky3809

The old fashion pattern don't go with the layout, maybe try a different background with the image you are using the star on that flag thing. The flag is also to big can be resized by 5px smaller then what it is. It maybe my screen size why the flag part looks big.

That is only the header when the whole layout is put together it doesn't look quite so big. Update coming soon!

The old-fashioned 'wallpaper' pattern just doesn't gel for me all that well, I would maybe do one of these two approaches (my humble opinion anyway):

(yes they would look better if had access to the PSD or PNG these were created with, and I would make some other color changes too obviously)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]732[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]733[/ATTACH]

Just some food for thought. :)

GHeader1.jpg.1424a76e5b7c2b2273e0da34958a93aa.jpg

GHeader2.jpg.9e5cd552a708143011ed64ba7e5d45ce.jpg

your choice of backdrops is unusual and doesnt fit the theme of the logo.. to me your logo stands out so you need the backdrop to capture the essence aswell how about using an old scroll type backdrop with weathered edging and keep same colours as your logo

stock-photo-305011-old-scroll-wide.jpg

Edited by illusions