MakeWebGames

MCCodes reformation

ColdBlooded

Introducing MCCodes.com restructured systems. After spending a few months of planning, developing and implementing, I am writing this announcement with pride regarding many new additions to the MCCodes framework. Additions such as, new .com site, a something for the community, MCCode license checker and much more.

It has become quite evident that MCCodes has championed its way through the MMORPG industry by providing a game engine platform for keen Web Application developers worldwide. Not only just for developers but also for organizations and individuals who have no interest or/and skills in web development whatsoever but are keen to build an addictive Role Playing Game to bring together communities. Many genres of games have hit the web such as: CrimesRPG, Medieval, Futuristic, Sci-Fi, Historic and many more all thanks to the MCCode engine and its community. Without the contribution of over 18k+ people in the community, the success of these emerging MMORPG around the web would be very minimal. The community has driven MCCode engines for over 7 years by providing support, modules/expansions, ideas, graphics, inspiration and so much more!

The main purpose of this restructure is to tidy things up and give something back to the community.

MCCodes.com site revamped:

• New support system:

Users are now able to create support tickets within mccodes.com whether you are a registered user (Client) or unregistered. This will speed up the process of reply turnover time (Aim is to make within 8-12 hours). MCCodes.com internal support system will also be compatible with your email address.

Support tickets will be laid out as a conversation where Support team at mccodes.com can mark ticket as Resolved/Unresolved/Etc.

• Revamped client area:
    • You can now transfer your licenses to another client in mccodes.com with a few clicks and supplying basic information.
    • Integrated Client news with global news.
    • Manage purchased modules. List modules for sale and cashout your sales at anytime!
    • Also able to change your account details & much more!

[*]Introducing MCCodes Marketplace:

• The Marketplace allows sellers and buyers to interact in order to acquire and/or sell modules for MCCode engines.

• Works just like how the popular Android/Apple marketplace stores.
    • Sellers use their client account registered at mccodes.com to list modules (goes through approval phase by the MCCodes Mod Approval Team then gets approved/rejected accordingly).
    • Buyer goes to marketplace and selects the category of module they are interested in according to their engine version – then makes purchase using PayPal.
    • You will need to load $x credit into your MCCodes.com account first - just like a mobile topup system for example. Then you can simply go and buy modules from MCCodes Marketplace.
      Load $5.00 USD using PayPal, your MCC account will be in DR $5.00.

• For sellers: You are able to withdraw your sales revenue from the site at anytime. Limit for minimum withdrawal is $1.00 USD. Just matter of clicks.

Why marketplace and not just list modules as a thread on MakeWebGames.com (MWG) under the modules forums?

a) More popularity, direct access.

b) Everything in place – secured and verified (High-end quality)

MakeWebGames.com board of MCCodes modules is also now synced with the MCCodes Marketplace at mccodes.com.

Note: MCCodes can also set Reseller rights on client accounts so they can sell modules without having to go through Mod Approval phase and receive many other benefits. This right is given to “certified mccodes developers” who have contributed a lot to the community and are skilled. For example: A graphic designer which every game developer goes to for designs. He/she simply makes a module (package of weapon images/template/mascots etc) and lists it without having to go through approval stage.

We are preparing the Marketplace to support the next MCCode engine’s modules. It’ll be plugged right into the engine itself for easy installation.

[*]Revamped UI.

• We have implemented a new UI to the site.

[*]Back end:

• New staffing and moderation systems implemented. License checking system implement.

Team announced

We are proud to announce the MCCodes team at the mccodes.com site. We have listed their name, position and contact details respectively.

See link: http://mccodes.com/team.php

On the other note, I am proud to announce a team member into the MCCodes team, Ian. Ian is a permanent member of MCCodes and is helping us with lots of development work with the mccodes.com site restructure.

In the future, we plan to recruit more people in the MCCodes team to help us with various tasks around the place. Recruitment process will undergo in the very near future.

MCCode engine overhaul

We are pleased to give back something to the community;

We have made MCCode engine Version 1 open source after stripping it! Yes, it is now a free product which can be acquired from mccodes.com with a few clicks.

Features stripped/taken out:

• Gang module
  • Job module

These 2 modules are now sold at MCCodes Marketplace.

For enthusiastic developers:

If you want to contribute towards this open source project, you can easily do so. We have setup a repository for MCCode FREE engine at http://github.com

Simply folk https://github.com/coldblooded01/mccodefree

Commit your codes, send in a pull request, and we’ll review it. If we think it’ll add value to this project, then we will merge your codes. You can always contact mccodes team directly and we can work closely - flick one of the team members a message.

MCCodes license checker:

This is probably the most awaited tool. MCCodes license checker - a web based application for you to check if a game URL is running on a valid mccode license or not. If it’s not, then you can one-click-report it. This tool will help us track down unlicensed mccode games out there.

URL to MCCodes license checker: http://license.mccodes.com/

That’s all for now.

Respectfully,

The MCCodes team.

• Like 1

MCCode engine overhaul

We are pleased to give back something to the community;

We have made MCCode engine Version 1 open source after stripping it! Yes, it is now a free product which can be acquired from mccodes.com with a few clicks.

Features stripped/taken out:

• Gang module
  • Job module

These 2 modules are now sold at MCCodes Marketplace.

This still bugs the hell out of me, seeing as how I purchased V1 just over a month ago before I even KNEW you guys were planning on phasing it out. Perfect example of why MC NEEDED a whole new structure, as that wasn't made clear for new customers. So, with the tiny bit of bitterness in me, thanks for stealing my money.

Now that that's out of the way and off my chest, I do wish you guys the best of luck with the future of MCCodes. Like it or not, it's been a staple in the browser-based MMORPG industry. Hope V3 works out as hoped.

This still bugs the hell out of me, seeing as how I purchased V1 just over a month ago before I even KNEW you guys were planning on phasing it out. Perfect example of why MC NEEDED a whole new structure, as that wasn't made clear for new customers. So, with the tiny bit of bitterness in me, thanks for stealing my money.

Now that that's out of the way and off my chest, I do wish you guys the best of luck with the future of MCCodes. Like it or not, it's been a staple in the browser-based MMORPG industry. Hope V3 works out as hoped.

In no offensive manner possible: This has been suggested since last year.

In no offensive manner possible: This has been suggested since last year.

Understandable that you would say that. The problem is, I wasn't here until I actually purchased the license. It wasn't stated on the purchase page for V1, either.

In any case, I'm not asking for a refund or anything. You could say it's my own fault for not doing thorough research before purchasing, anyway. That doesn't mean it doesn't bug me. Actually, it works out, as I actually *LIKE* V1's setup and workability, so I can use it again in the future without having to purchase more licenses.

It didn't deter me from the MCCodes world, that's for sure. In fact, I plan on adding one of the first paid mods for V1, as soon as my support ticket is cleared up.

Dont thinks it fair that some users paid for V1 and now its free.If you ask me thats basically giving V2 out aswell it dont take much to convert V2 to V1

How is it not fare? It's not at all like giving out V2.

How is it not fare? It's not at all like giving out V2.

I think it's fair on a business level. My irritation is probably directed mostly at myself for not paying more attention beforehand. Unfortunately I needed what I needed WHEN I needed it. Can't change it now. Don't think anyone has a major right to complain about it.

I think it's fair on a business level. My irritation is probably directed mostly at myself for not paying more attention beforehand. Unfortunately I needed what I needed WHEN I needed it. Can't change it now. Don't think anyone has a major right to complain about it.

Yes It is pretty unlucky to have bought it when you did, but we never had a definite date till very recently and I believe you purchased it way before he had decided a date.

Your license checker is broken.

twisted-turmoil.net returns invalid.

It isn't invalid. How do I know? That was my game, when I actually used mc code back in 2006 or so and then I sold the game (domain, license and files) to UCC, who used to be a member here.

I also had another license that I used for immoral-state, which I just dropped when I got bored of it -- that shows invalid too.

Do I know the email used? Erm, nope.

Can you provide clarification on what versions are logged because you clearly missed 2 of mine ;)

It isn't broken, some records are not actually in the database, especially unlikely for 2006.

I'm interested to see how the new mod sale system works out. Already submitted one for approval.

As do I!

First, I need to get college work out the way, and then I'll be submitting a few systems to the site, especially for the newly outsourced McCodes FREE.

Uhm, you said you guys didn't have a date to release V1 to open source until recently?

There *should* be a period specified, at least a month, after which it's released for free.

A step like "just releasing" V1 to open source is highly unethical.

Seker, and everybody else that purchased V1 within a one month period before it was released needs to get a refund.

Or if you guys prefer, maybe all MCCodes versions can be open source'd?

It not fair paying for a license for something which is released for free in under about three months.

A (software) life expectancy needs to be given in order to avoid fuckups like with Seker.

If it was a side project, like openSuSe or Fedora it would be appropriate.

Unfortunately this particular case isn't at all justified.

Uhm, you said you guys didn't have a date to release V1 to open source until recently?

There *should* be a period specified, at least a month, after which it's released for free.

A step like "just releasing" V1 to open source is highly unethical.

Seker, and everybody else that purchased V1 within a one month period before it was released needs to get a refund.

Or if you guys prefer, maybe all MCCodes versions can be open source'd?

It not fair paying for a license for something which is released for free in under about three months.

A (software) life expectancy needs to be given in order to avoid fuckups like with Seker.

If it was a side project, like openSuSe or Fedora it would be appropriate.

Unfortunately this particular case isn't at all justified.

I have the same thoughts as you here Spud. Henceforth, I have contacted all v1 buyers within 2 months and offered them a deal of: Refund the transaction in full or choose an mccode engine from either V2 or V2.5 and its package and license will be credited to their client account at mccodes.com.

We do wish for many developers out there to expand on this open source project.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I have the same thoughts as you here Spud. Henceforth, I have contacted all v1 buyers within 2 months and offered them a deal of: Refund the transaction in full or choose an mccode engine from either V2 or V2.5 and its package and license will be credited to their client account at mccodes.com.

We do wish for many developers out there to expand on this open source project.

Cheers.

I have received no such contact message, either through e-mail or MCCodes.com support. My purchase date was April 10th. :/

While I'm waiting, though, I'm curious as to how difficult it is to update from V1 to V2. I know about changing the header info and the queries (And I know that part's not even necessary) but what about anything referencing items? What about SQL tables? Is it a major process?