MakeWebGames

What Internet browser do you use?

Isomerizer

Firefox as primary, IE9+ as alternative when required. I have chrome installed, but I don't find it a single bit better than FF, I've tried it and ran some tests and well... it used to be better at memory usage than firefox, but that's long gone. Open up quite a few tabs and chrome uses a lot more nowadays. Faster? can't really notice it, so don't care. I've had opera a while too, just to test it, but I still like firefox the most!

Yes chrome and opera are very good with slow internet connections. As of firefox7 it now uses less resources than chrome. I am still going to stick with chrome though because it takes a while for firefox to fully end it's processes. Causing it to take longer to do other things like shut down computer. Plus chrome still supports more html5 and css3 than firefox.

You might have a point with shutting down the firefox process, I actually don't know because I never looked at that! Support towards html5 and css3 is kinda odd to rate on already, the standards aren't set yet, so who knows what will change and what not. I don't look at that yet, just because all stable websites, will not use html5 yet any way. Then again, I'm quite sure with the ridiculous fast release cycles of firefox and chrome, that it will be a major war as to who supports the most of what hasn't been decided on yet...

Idk about html5. But I think final css3 standards are released a bit at a time. Because css attributes like "border-radius" and others at first it was like all browsers had their own syntax (-o-border-radius,-moz-border-radius,-webkit-border-radius). But then seemingly around the same time they all support the final "border-radius" attribute and drop support for their custom support.

• 4 months later...

Since it's reborn.

FF all the way. Get a Macbook Pro. Then test the speeds between Safari, FF, IE and Chrome.

I have all browsers installed on my mac due to my job.. So i run..

IE 7, 8, 9 in virtual machine mode. IE 6 NO LONGER SUPPORTED BY MICROSOFT? YAY!!!

FF 3.0 - 7 standalone's.

FF 10 as my daily.

Chrome for testing how my page's are viewed by chrome users.

Safari for the same above reason.

Anyway... Chrome is my choice.

It's the fastest, and the most powerful when it comes to Javascript. It's got a V8, haha.

Mainly, yes the blazing fast Javascript engine.

But also, WebKit. Something I can not afford to be without, ever.

My backup is lynx though.

Does everything I want it to.

i use FF mainly but chrome on occasions it seems youtube fails alot with FF 10.0.2 (may just be me) also i use opera and various others for GUI testing.

Well, my workstation(Ubuntu 10.10 x64) was Firefox 10.x until today when I decided that it's just too damn slow.

Also, Firefox keeps forgetting my pinned tabs so it's a hassle as well.