New site new experience

New site new experience  

42 members have voted

1. 1. New site new experience

• Was better before
    • It's ok
    • I do like it!
    • Bah... could not care less.

I'm loving it all! I think maybe a few changes to the theme though, it's all a bit to white as much as I love simplicity I think we need some form of colour in the site, other then the glorious blue already installed.

i liked it so much better before

the structure and look was the main reason i liked this forum

some (probably all) can be added/changed

- because it was easy on the eyes

- you could easily tell 1 thing from the other (especially posts) (probably because evrything is pretty much the same color)

- liked avatars showing in posts

- liked the portal

- liked rich text editor

- PHP code needs the [

] BB code...  if used then it works.

- Avatars can be still used, simply require to be re-uploaded.

- I never liked the old portal and we have the idea to build a resource library in the front (with tutorials, comparisons and more).

- This editor doesn't seems worse that the previous one... to me at least.

Its much better.

At the end of the day you cannot please everyone and it was very clear the previous software could not handle the load and had some code issues.

Its good to see that there is a pro-active team behind MWG that will make important decisions for the community. A job well done to everyone involved with the switch.

I believe Diesl means putting a link next to “chat” or “what’s new” in the main menu to a full list of articles. As it stands “home” has recent articles, however I do not see a full list, although I admit I have not had time to look at any of them yet so it could just be lack of effort on my part…

Edited by Dominion
  • Like 1

On the home page, to view the articles submitted by other players, I have to go to Section Widget.. and click on either PHP or Databases. It's not exactly intuitive to what "section widget" actually means, and not as easy to navigate to. What I am suggesting is to have an "articles" link added to the top menu bar that links to these articles.

Well this certainly was a surprise! It will take some getting used to as I found the previous set up very easy to navigate. Once used to this one I'm sure it will be the same thing here. I do have a question though ... I used to have a huge list of favourites that I could refer back to when trying to make my own mods ... any idea how I can get those back or if there is even a feature in the new set up that will allow us to do that?