New site new experience

New site new experience  

42 members have voted

1. 1. New site new experience

• Was better before
    • It's ok
    • I do like it!
    • Bah... could not care less.

Yes there is something similar: by subscribing a thread, you can directly be informed when there is a new post (via email or only via the a message when you are on the site or other options). All threads you subscribed are then listed in the page http://makewebgames.io/subscription.php which can be found on "Quick Links" => "Subscribed thread". It acts as a bookmark as well... However we wasn't able to import from the old forum software the bookmarked one.

I figured that part out already. My concern is that when looking for things in the forums and in order to subscribe to them ... you have to post something in that thread (unless I am missing something) which means that a lot of the old threads will end up being brought current again. It seems to me that that would be like necro-ing an old thread. I know in a lot of other forums this is highly frowned upon. Is there a way to subscribe to a thread without posting to it?

- The old portal is gone for good and will not be replaced with the new concept. Honestly I don't see what was so cool in the old portal.

- The theme is just a color / style is not how things are placed. So we will not have the same as before and things are certainly not so scattered.

I believe you must just learn the new soft.

Hmm, yes I'm not too sure, what was so special about WBB's portal.

We have a portal here or at least a landing page with all the content that's needed upon first login/hit.

It shows the last topics, articles, blogs among other things, unless I've really no idea what WBB's portal looked like, I don't see much difference.

The latest topic have a button in the top bar "Latest post!", click and and you will get a list of things you didn't checked. If the list is too long and don't want to check further simply click "Mark Forums Read" just under the top bar on the right, that will reset all the unread posts. Honestly it's even easier than WBB where you had to click on the drop down of the search to check the new posts.

lol all the themes here are ugly... make a new theme

a theme that actually looks good

a theme/template that looks like another site does not have it

a theme where navigation pops out so you know where ur at without having to strain your eyes

a template where the rich text area actually works

the 2 themes that came with this software are the worst

u should definitely make/download/buy better themes and templates

i really liked wbb its like a 1 in a million forum

i really liked wbb its like a 1 in a million forum

That crashed all the time.

Would report new posts when there wasnt any.

Would log you out on a random basis.

Perhaps members of the community could produce a few themes and submit them to staff. Personally I find the theme and look how it is at the time of posting easy to use and easy to read.

I am personally not liking the experience at the moment as i find it harder to find topics i want now. It don't think all the blame can be put on WBB for all the downtime as i have still experienced it. I do feel the server/host is more to blame, but that's just me.

After using the old one for so long it will take a bit of getting used to, but as it's gone and not coming back, we all have to put up with it and just get used to vBulletin. Im sure over the next few months we will all stop complaining lol...

That crashed all the time.

Would report new posts when there wasnt any.

Would log you out on a random basis.

Perhaps members of the community could produce a few themes and submit them to staff. Personally I find the theme and look how it is at the time of posting easy to use and easy to read.

weird i never had any of these problems except the crashing

but someone did something and it all in all stopped crashing

on the other side a new theme and or layout is definitely what this place needs and also a rich text editor

but if they want the members to do it then they are gonna have to setup some interface to test the layout and theme

and about the new posts being reported i dont think that was wbb. if you go backward in your history or move around mainly by navigation (clicking on links) sometimes instead of going to the server and getting all of the data/info over again the browser will just put what it showed last time this is why when your editing your own web server you will find that you have to refresh images,css,javascript pages to get the updated content so a simple refresh should have fixed that

ruler: yes, but it doesn't show the result directly, you do see the BB code instead. This is a current limitation of VBulletin with Chrome. Sorry but I don't believe it such a huge issue. Maybe because I don't use chrome, or maybe because anyhow you could work without, or maybe because chrome counts for only a little part of the market share...