MakeWebGames

VBulletin

Dave

Looks nice!

Some issues:

- my private message inbox is empty (even though I had messages there), it seems all inbox messages are made into notifications (sent messages show up fine).

- private messaging is turned off by default (at least it was when i first tried to use it).

- signature codes not working properly (img tags linking rather than displaying the image)

Did I miss a vote on the change? Or was it just a administrator/moderator decision, by looking at the poll it seems to be split and since the forum is meant for the people it seems it would of been better to ask the community. If you did and I missed it, I will take back my words but don't remember ever seeing it.

I don't believe there ever was a community poll. There was allot of discussion within the staff team and it was decided we needed to move away from the current software to something more stable.

http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

would be good for itouch/iphone/andriod users if you were to do this ;)

This would be great! I'm constantly attempting to browse the forums on my android and it's rather painful to say the least.

Edited by Dave Macaulay

Did I miss a vote on the change? Or was it just a administrator/moderator decision, by looking at the poll it seems to be split and since the forum is meant for the people it seems it would of been better to ask the community. If you did and I missed it, I will take back my words but don't remember ever seeing it.

No I don't think you missed a vote, if you did I also missed it. People did not like Wbb when mwg first changed. Give it time, and who knows Vb may grow on you.

This is here for feedback so what is it you don't like at the moment? The look can change, and is being discussed already with several members suggesting new looks. Say what you don't like so it can change.

There was no vote, this came from upperhand, but all staff member have got their say. I can say however that many users were complaining on a daily basis that they did not like woltlab and that if we paid we could have taken vbulletin as well, so you could have seen that as a community voice (I know there were also people who liked wbb, like me). I know the move is rather sudden, I didn't expect it to go that quickly, but we should all benefit from it in the long run.

You know, even though it was discussed privately between Nickson/Alain and MCCodes as well as the staff team, I do agree with Peter, this shouldn't have been just a staff/owner decision.

After all it's the same people that were attempting to get the whole community feel back again.

Don't get me wrong, I like WBB and I like VB and I'm sure we'll come to appreciate the hard work Nickson and Alain put into the move, just it may have been a little hasty.