Devana

mdshare

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
FML, try this link instead; Devana Script

And that, ^^^^ is exactly what is wrong with this community. The link has been removed from the original post, making it hard to find. The question asked was, what I believe, a genuine inquiry as to whether or not the file still existed on the site. I, too, have made the snide comments to obvious questions, but why do people feel the need to go out of their own way to make their point? Like the time "invested" in finding that link, was it really worth it?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Devana has recently had a great update!

Here's the link: http://devana.eu/

If you check the blog you can also see they is another update coming soon.

The next update will include quests/missions, trading, PvP, resources trading.

This is a nice little script and would recommend. :)

On a side note. This script doesn't look good on mobile devices with less than 1000px screens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

hey guys,

so im new here with nothing to show yet, but: years ago i talked to andrei, the author of devana. we discussed some features and the future of the project.

well, RL is difficult sometimes but i recently decided to pick up and revive devana. andrei seems to have disappeared and the project is open source anyway, so - why not? im a web designer / app developer from europe with sparetime to waste.

Im building ontop of beta2, not adding any new ingame features for now. it will be called beta3 and compromises:

- complete dissection of templates

- code overhaul

- template engine

- frontend framework that is also responsive

- bugfixes and security

-way better interface, usability and ui

this will take a while, expect a first release spring next year.

graphics stay the same. all open source on github and sourceforge once ready

i would like to help reviving the browser game scene with this

thanks for reading

-fhizban (aka tobias, 36)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

[MENTION=73822]Makazu[/MENTION]: Thanks! @All: A very early test version is now up and running on my personal homepage. Please note that a lot of stuff is still missing. You can put a dummy email address, activation is currently turned off. After registering you must close the register popover and click on the login icon (door with an arrow). http://www.critical-hit.biz/d13

[MENTION=73822]Makazu[/MENTION]: Thanks! @All: A very early test version is now up and running on my personal homepage. Please note that a lot of stuff is still missing. You can put a dummy email address, activation is currently turned off. After registering you must close the register popover and click on the login icon (door with an arrow). http://www.critical-hit.biz/d13

That's actually really cool, I think the UI is a little confusing and I got lost a couple of times trying to build things. Super excited to see this progress.

[uSER=64684]Dayo[/uSER] That looks good!

Well my project does not even use a real tile map. Its just a simple process that dumps all pictures into a responsive grid.

The old Devana had a mapsystem as well, that system is still buried somewhere in the code. I plan to re-activate it later. Right now, combat and map positioning is all "abstract". Like in most mobile games where you select an enemy from a list instead having a real map.

Im still struggling finishing the army assignment and combat system.

After that, I will release the code.

If someone wants to help me with the project, you are very welcome - it goes open-source by the end of the year anyway.