MakeWebGames

Devana

mdshare

Devana is a open source game script.MMO browser strategy game in which users can handle economical, diplomatic and military tasks to further increase their empire. Create alliances, battle other players with huge armies led by generals, trade resources, and more.

screenshot.jpg

[downloaddatabase]31[/downloaddatabase]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I like the licence terms :

"Copyright © 2008-2009 Andrei Busuioc

This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied

warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages

arising from the use of this software.

Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,

including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it

freely, subject to the following restrictions:

1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not

claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software

in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation is required.

2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be

misrepresented as being the original software.

3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.

"

it's open source and you can use the code for your own commercial game without any sharing need behind. Really a great free engine IMHO :)

• 1 month later...

The code is a mess, poor security, poor management and lack of self customisation and data distribution. It's good for inspiration.

:) lack of documentation to.

Never understand why people mix the php with html, css, java ... in the same file/function, variable... etc.

You seems really negative, when actually it's one of the rare web game / engine which you can find which does something better than McCode or other text based web games.

So even if it's not 100% professional as coding (and which code is?) I would still not spit on them.

The code is a mess, poor security, poor management and lack of self customisation and data distribution. [..]

:) lack of documentation to. [..]

Show me an old game engine that isn't what you've said above and isn't like every other game engine out there...

"You seems really negative",

Maybe I am.

I did a simple critic.

You can't call it a "rare" web game, it's a Travian ( inspiration ). BTW I don't throw accusation, or pointing my finger every time I got an opportunity.

Which part of my reply made you think I'm harassing "the author" ?

Well, I tend to have a politic which could be seen as "anti-flaming". So any "freely" given bad critics is for me a bit of a flame. I personally didn't checked the code nor I think it would make sense. PHP codes are generally messy (due partially to the language itself), or at least more messy than things written in Java or in C# for example.

That said, I would judge an engine based on what it offers. I didn't saw many engine offering Travian like experiences, specially free one (actually I think it's the only one out there), and those web games tend to be all text only games, so for once we see a game which is not pure text I would say it's already an achievement.

Finally, don't say something like "well nothing special, it's just another XYZ game", because I need yet to find games produced in the last 5-10 years which are not re-make of older games. Sure the new one may look better, or add a few twists, but all games are simply yet another XYZ game.

On another subject, as you are new, can you show us what you did? Then maybe my opinion will be less critical to your critics 8)

"On another subject, as you are new, can you show us what you did? Then maybe my opinion will be less critical to your critics".

Fair enough, just point me to an introduction section. I didn't find one so thought you don't care what kind of "num-nuts" I am, or my purpose.

• 1 year later...