MakeWebGames

DeadlyCity

orsino

Deadlycity.net 

hi guys/girls

I released my newest game and would like to know your opinion .

Most of you all are experienced in gaming so its inportant to know how you all think about my game .

added some screenshots but you are also welcome to test the game out .

Game is ready to play but needs more content to be added .

1.png

2.png

3.png

• Like 2

Lol why add screenshots when we all know it’s Ali GL version. Atleast make some changes but the most sad part about this is their going to be ALOT of games like yours being release with no changes in the next few months. Awesome game but make some changes man. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, orsino said:

well  Alizharb can confirm there where made changes to this game 

ok its the same basic but most of these games have the same basics 

I think what MNG trying to say is that some edits in looks and functionality to make the game STAND OUT will do your game good. 

I personally think that this is an important factor, but its also very important to set up a mafia game in the right way with right parameteres and content aswell. Ill have a look at your game when you have added some more content. 

If you want a custom design / edits im sure someone can help you out. But i gotta say Alizharb design does the job too. You also got editor possibilities within the theme 🙂  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cobraz said:

I think what MNG trying to say is that some edits in looks and functionality to make the game STAND OUT will do your game good. 

I personally think that this is an important factor, but its also very important to set up a mafia game in the right way with right parameteres and content aswell. Ill have a look at your game when you have added some more content. 

If you want a custom design / edits im sure someone can help you out. But i gotta say Alizharb design does the job too. You also got editor possibilities within the theme 🙂  

thank you for your honest opinion 

i will take yours and MNG's advice to a thinking point and will see what i can do about it 

about the content yes i needs content and unique things 

• Like 2

I'm sure he is getting some stuff in game soon or later, he just wanted to get some ideas and suggestions from testers. he is developing his game and preparing it to be better and better.

Also he is trying to make more mods to make it unique, but i'm sure he can not do that directly , this will be with the time 😛

Anyway we are still helping him to develop it ,so be patience guys and i'm sure he is getting with something nice in coming days 😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always impressed when anybody releases new game; be it stock mccodes, or something with a little more flair, but I do think sadly this is one of these projects that is not going to survive without considerable work.

The trouble is bugs and a lack of thinking about how the player will want to interact. Bugs are rife and every day I discover more. Some serious, some simple, some that may take a lot of thinking about.

A classic bug in point is the bank which offers a 2% interest per day, but charges a 15% deposit fee. Two points here. If I have $100, and deposit $100, I am left with $15 and the bank now has $85. So I guess the 15% is just a threat!

Second issue is the 2% interest rate per day. After only 40~41 days that will have doubled, in a year that amounts to a value of around $117,313, or some 117 thousand % APR which I must admit, I wish I had in real life! Surely this is in error. So if I had say $48 million in the bank, then after only 35 days that will have doubled, I'd be getting just under $1,000,000 per day interest for the first 3 days, after that it will just increase dramatically. After one year I would have almost $73 billion which apart from being than a straight unsigned integer in the database, is frankly a ludicrous amount.

If memory serves me, stock Mccodes has a 2% interest rate for the normal bank, and a whopping 7% interest for the cyber bank. I'm not going got work that out as I suspect it may exceed an unsigned bigint in the database!

Going back to DeadlyCity, the interface was recently changed, and I can't say I like it at all. The light/dark themes are always good on sites, but in a game about crime? Sorry, it should be dark, but not just dark, but dingy, the corners slightly rolled up, the edges a bit worn etc. Okay, I know that takes time, and I for one am NOT a front-end developer so I know that is an arduous and expensive process, but nevertheless, some attempt at testing again needs to take place. The site doesn't render well across different display sizes, some are frankly unusable. Icons are used rather than textual menus on most cases, and the icons are not strictly representative of what you'd expect, so you spend a little more time looking around trying to find what you want. It's a minor niggle yes, but I've ditched keyboards for having a key in the wrong place or too small, or to close to another, so these things do matter.

Finally, it does show some promise. There are some interesting points that if they are developed correctly could make it an enjoyable project, one to actually play with friends. The UI needs a lot of work, the story-line needs building upon, and the figures really need to be looked at, but unlike a lot of lot of projects, it is sitting on my desktop as we speak, I dip into now and again during the day while working on other projects so I'm certainly not dismissing it altogether.

Best of luck to the developer and lets hope I've not put people off. The take-away from this is really to think about your figures carefully, use a spreadsheet and test everything.

• Like 1

Lacuna ... I agree with what you've said about interest and fees.

Easy solutions.

1) Charge quarterly banking fees.  e.g. $50,000 every quarter.

2) Cap the amount on which the interest is applied e.g. 2% on the first $10,000,000 and nothing more.

3) Set up specialized investment accounts. Possible donator item.

Orsino ... I haven't gone to your site to check it out yet, but I will say that just from your screen shots, it looks very busy. I would think that as a new player those examples you have posted would be very intimidating. Just my first impression.

thx to all 

i will look into this 

20 hours ago, Lacuna said:

I'm always impressed when anybody releases new game; be it stock mccodes, or something with a little more flair, but I do think sadly this is one of these projects that is not going to survive without considerable work.

The trouble is bugs and a lack of thinking about how the player will want to interact. Bugs are rife and every day I discover more. Some serious, some simple, some that may take a lot of thinking about.

A classic bug in point is the bank which offers a 2% interest per day, but charges a 15% deposit fee. Two points here. If I have $100, and deposit $100, I am left with $15 and the bank now has $85. So I guess the 15% is just a threat!

Second issue is the 2% interest rate per day. After only 40~41 days that will have doubled, in a year that amounts to a value of around $117,313, or some 117 thousand % APR which I must admit, I wish I had in real life! Surely this is in error. So if I had say $48 million in the bank, then after only 35 days that will have doubled, I'd be getting just under $1,000,000 per day interest for the first 3 days, after that it will just increase dramatically. After one year I would have almost $73 billion which apart from being than a straight unsigned integer in the database, is frankly a ludicrous amount.

If memory serves me, stock Mccodes has a 2% interest rate for the normal bank, and a whopping 7% interest for the cyber bank. I'm not going got work that out as I suspect it may exceed an unsigned bigint in the database!

Going back to DeadlyCity, the interface was recently changed, and I can't say I like it at all. The light/dark themes are always good on sites, but in a game about crime? Sorry, it should be dark, but not just dark, but dingy, the corners slightly rolled up, the edges a bit worn etc. Okay, I know that takes time, and I for one am NOT a front-end developer so I know that is an arduous and expensive process, but nevertheless, some attempt at testing again needs to take place. The site doesn't render well across different display sizes, some are frankly unusable. Icons are used rather than textual menus on most cases, and the icons are not strictly representative of what you'd expect, so you spend a little more time looking around trying to find what you want. It's a minor niggle yes, but I've ditched keyboards for having a key in the wrong place or too small, or to close to another, so these things do matter.

Finally, it does show some promise. There are some interesting points that if they are developed correctly could make it an enjoyable project, one to actually play with friends. The UI needs a lot of work, the story-line needs building upon, and the figures really need to be looked at, but unlike a lot of lot of projects, it is sitting on my desktop as we speak, I dip into now and again during the day while working on other projects so I'm certainly not dismissing it altogether.

Best of luck to the developer and lets hope I've not put people off. The take-away from this is really to think about your figures carefully, use a spreadsheet and test everything.

about the dark / light theme   

you have players who like it lighter or darker . here is simply given the choice to the player .

it all needs some work 

about the bank   you are right and i will make some changes .

i already send you ingame to tell me about the bugs you find  you are always welcome to say what bugs you found .

this is a project i do after my fulltime job so any help is welcome . 

i have some ideas to add a story into the game aswell and i'm busy for that but it will take some time .

5 hours ago, newttster said:

Lacuna ... I agree with what you've said about interest and fees.

Easy solutions.

1) Charge quarterly banking fees.  e.g. $50,000 every quarter.

2) Cap the amount on which the interest is applied e.g. 2% on the first $10,000,000 and nothing more.

3) Set up specialized investment accounts. Possible donator item.

Orsino ... I haven't gone to your site to check it out yet, but I will say that just from your screen shots, it looks very busy. I would think that as a new player those examples you have posted would be very intimidating. Just my first impression.

the whole theme is already different so take a look and you will see its not so busy anymore 

3 hours ago, orsino said:

thx to all 

i will look into this 

about the dark / light theme   

you have players who like it lighter or darker . here is simply given the choice to the player .

it all needs some work 

about the bank   you are right and i will make some changes .

i already send you ingame to tell me about the bugs you find  you are always welcome to say what bugs you found .

this is a project i do after my fulltime job so any help is welcome . 

i have some ideas to add a story into the game aswell and i'm busy for that but it will take some time .

the whole theme is already different so take a look and you will see its not so busy anymore 

Bank bug fixed

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Enxryptz said:

What happened to this game?!

Like most projects in this genre the game is offline. I see projects go up all the time hey look at mine only for months later its gone. Not many give it the long view (disclaimer life sh*t happens and priorities change)