MakeWebGames

Alpha Criminals

Sim

Name subject to change. I decided to create a topic like the one @InverTed did to show progress.

EDIT(URL INCLUDED): http://sim.makeweb.games/alph email verification required 🙂

This is the header of my template. This is not use information, but the character information. Since I am allowing players to control more then one character. 

As of now, the main template is coded, all pages and forms uses jQuery/ajax for loading. 

I might add more or less header information for users in the future but that is not a priority. And users can add or remove which sections they wish to hide or display.

My theme is going to be based on super villians. This allows me to keep the crime theme as well as add a fantasy and RPGish battle system, instead of the basic kill. 

The header information as of now refreshed every x seconds (which will be removed and only update the action points ).

My next steps are to edit the following 4 GL mods (explore, crimes, theft & police chase) to work off the players character. 

I also plan on changing the crime system to be based more of formulas how MCCode does it. This will allow me to add character skills which can effect the outcome of the crimes.

I will keep everyone posted as progress develops. For now, this is a good enough teaser. 🙂

2099707781_Screenshot_20200811-1902032.png.f90779d6f54fa30cfb63b457a5103b89.png

Edited by Sim
  • Like 1

So I've edited the following to work with characters instead of the user itself.

Travel

Crimes

Explore(Savage)

Then I broke something, now nothing works. I can't seem to figure out the best way to lead the main template once for jQuery calls. The loggedin.php template file. Once I get that issue resolved, the rest should work. 

Each character has there own action points and carries there own cash, exp, items, ECT just as a regular user would.

I am also using the GL script for those that might want to know.

There same nav bars are added to the bottom as well. ;). The majority of static links are going to be at the bottom. 

EDIT

Since last update, I done a few things. Complete jQuery/Ajax dynamic loading pages is complete.

My Explore (Remake of Savage Streets)is a beauty piece of work. Displays results X amount of seconds one by one instead of all at once. This is me needing to create a JavaScript Parser for special pages such as this one, since once I realized the JS code won't work once I need to display an error instead of explore results such as not enough action points.

Crimes fully works. Based upon action points.

TRAVEL fully works based on action points.

Theft fully works based on action points.

Going to finish the pre-built in modules before adding the mods I released into game. 

Edited by Sim

Not much heavy coding done as of lately. 

Here's a few screenshots of explore page:

I added my Friends & Enemies Mod to the Game:

I added my User Actions Player Feeds to the Game

I created a list of features that I want to include before release. It's about 10 more things. 

Screenshot_20200815-203420.png

Screenshot_20200815-194830.png

Screenshot_20200815-194833.png

Screenshot_20200815-194536.png

Screenshot_20200815-194819.png

I been coding my lottery system for the last 3-4 hours. All is done, except setting up my cron to pick lottery numbers. 

Then the two easier parts, displaying tickets, past drawings, and winners. 

If I learned anything new whole posting my s, I'm going to post that as well from now on. Today I learned about str__pad function. I did not know it existed and used it for filling zeros short of the lottery digit length. If the Rand # was 24 and supposed to be 4 digits long, it would turn it into 0024

$number = mt_rand(0,9999);
$number = str_pad($number, 4, "0", STR_PAD_LEFT); 

Also remember that the lottery is dynamic. So the page does not refresh after submitting the form.Screenshot_20200818-152951.thumb.png.a70c78c35f50af2015c6088075a8d9b8.pngto

Screenshot_20200818-152939.png

Screenshot_20200818-152933.png

Screenshot_20200818-153156.png

Screenshot_20200818-153222.png

Screenshot_20200818-153243.png

• Like 1

I finished up the lottery. Shows latest drawings. Now, to decide to auto reward player or make them collect the winnings. I am leaving more towards having the players collect winnings. This creates more interaction and will enforce players to read more notifications. 🙂

I finished up a basic create character with char classes & char elements (will be adding weather to game which will play an effect on crimes, battling a, ECT)

I added my item system to game. I added my modified crimes & theft to game.

This will allow me to add content to game during the boring coding stages since I learned in the last don't move on to another feature until one is complete otherwise I will have 75 unfinished features.

I added about 10 new explore(scavage) texts.

I also set my cron up to refill action points. 3 points every 15 minutes. That's 12/hr. I originally wanted 10/hr, but 2.5/every 15 minutes is not logical so 3 it is. Since I rather not short.

Nobody likes lotteries in games? This is my belief. So to get people to play games such as lottery, reward the players for doing it. After X days of buying lottery, reward. After another X, reward. Same will apply for other features.

On 8/20/2020 at 12:28 AM, Sim said:

. Now, to decide to auto reward player or make them collect the winnings. I 

Thoughts?

I played around with css speech bubbles for an idea I want to implement  I started my mugging mod, other then that not much progress today.  I want very tired from work. Screenshot I promised.

Screenshot_20200821-010927.thumb.png.5c7c2074d82cc7809f38c8fb4c13395f.png

• Like 1

I ain't updated all weekend. But here's a major but minor update.

I truly finished the create character. I seen a few people tried to register, but most likely they could not for nothing due to all the errors from not having a character.

UPDATE: Once you register, you are unable to do anything until you create a character. 

I still need to update the GUI after the charger is created. But in the meantime, after you create your character. Refresh the page. I decided to post URL. Main post updated with URL as well. 

Email verification required.

http://sim.makeweb.games/alph/

Navigating to quickly will read the all page inside the content area. If this happens, just refresh page. NOT ALL LINKS are working yet either. Mugging feature is also incomplete if you attempt to test that page.

I just made a few fixes to lottery. I forgot to include purchased tickets 🙂

Screenshot_20200823-212910.png

Screenshot_20200823-212904.png

Screenshot_20200823-212856.png

Edited by Sim

Fixed crimes, theft and explore (savage,scavage) pages. Few issues once adding my modified crimes, modified theft and adding action hook to explore pages.

Be nice if a few people could give some test run on those pages. 🙂

Edit: just broke it all that fast. If someone could login  tell me what the JavaScript error is. This is bad party of using a cellphone to code. I can't find a Jl browser that supports JavaScript debugging

🙂

As everyone can see, progress has been much shower this week. I have returned to work till time this week which has made me extremely tired after only working one a week the following four weeks. But anyway

I have done several things over the week which is not mentioned. And I did what I said I shouldn't. I have several modifications started and none completed. This weekend I will have several mods finished to post as well as other progress which is not to noticable unless I know what you are looking for. Small ajax loading, back end improvements, ect

Mugging, attacking, and lottery(didn't work fully) will be included. Game stat additions and a new daily tasks.

Edited by Sim
  • Like 1

SMH, I did it again. I downloaded an old file on my phone loosing my new code for the mug module, it was a few minor fixes away from being complete. Back to writing the function and formula

SMH, I did it again. I downloaded an old file on my phone loosing my new code for the mug module, it was a few minor fixes away from being complete. Back to writing the function and formula

Edit: done. I decided to keep things really some until I figured it exactly how I want to create my formulas and determine how much cash should be taken from a player. Such as what stats, skills, item types will be included. Here's you're I did it but. I know y'all look my info message for if a player takes all the other players money

$modifier = $user->char->UC_lvl * 10;
      $chanceBonus = $user->char->UC_lvl * 2;
      $chance = 48 + $chanceBonus;

$dice = mt_rand(1,100);

if($dice => $chance)
      {
        die($this->page->buildElement('error', array("text" => "You failed to mig $victimURL's character " . $userToMug->char->UC_charName . "!")));  
      }

$lowAmount = 1 * $modifier;
      $highAmount = 10 * $modifier;

$amount = mt_rand($lowAmount, $highAmount);

if($userToMug->cash < $amount)
      {
        $amount = $userToMug->cash;
        $html = $this->page->buildElement('info', array("text" => "You took $victimURL's character " . $userToMug->charName . " broke!! I would be proud of myself!!"))); 
      }

$this->user->charAdd($amount, "UC_cash");
      $userToMug->charSubtract($amount, "UC_cash");

$html .= $this->page->buildElement('success', array("text" => "You successfully mugged $victimURL's character " . $userToMug->charName . " stealing $amount from them.!"))); 

A mug link is also on players profiles. I will finish that part up tomorrow since you can't actually mug a pair. You must mug a players character. But the function to display all players characters has already been created, so just need to handle get request to call it. I could have done did it instead of typing. But off to sleep. Long day of work tomorrow. Hopefully I can get more things accomplished tomorrow

Aight, it's literally been a week since I have made any updates. Now that I am back in routine with work, updates should be coming again. I don't believe there is much left to do for a release. I am trying to keep things fairly simple as a lot of you know I like to offer do and posh large features. The item system was the biggest feature crested for this game as well as on marketplace.

I am trying to have as much player to player interaction as I can. That's why, modified crimes and modified theft was also created and released. Now that mugging prototype and attack prototype is nearly complete. That is plenty for now to create enough player to player interaction.

The next steps will be to create player co-op features. And, I have some unique ideas for that.

Then the basic features need to be added and modified a bit(stats, news, ect)

Then a little more layout changes, instant notifications, other stat updating, and some other neat effects I have in mind.

Finally last but not least, to add massive amounts of content. I don't want to have to add any for awhile once released.

At least another month of coding. I got my motivation back. I tend to loose it here and there.

Mugging is now done

Screenshot_2020-09-03-01-29-41.jpg

Screenshot_2020-09-03-01-34-41.jpg

Screenshot_2020-09-03-01-34-33.jpg

Screenshot_2020-09-03-01-50-40.jpg

• Like 1

I have not touched much code on this project since my latest post. Last night, I did some designing of some things to finish up the game for a release. And I been working with a client song a small notification.

Tonight, I started a new mod which will get released on the marketplace and on my game. If I could keep my eyes open any longer, I would have been finished within the next hour, so hopefully I can finish it up tomorrow. It's been awhile since I wrote any code for GL that will work outside of my game. :).  Everyone knows my mods are pretty unique so another good one will get released tomorrow (I HOPE).

I fixed a few minor things with the mugging and jQuery. I also had to fix the quick random mugging feature in mugging which did not work at all.

I started the attack feature which is looks mugging but instead of mugging, it attacks the user. So, that will be a quick feature to add.

Then, I will include battling NPC in turn based. I decided to do away with battling other players for now as it would leave allot of players in stalemate since I believe many will not finish the battle of they are going to loose. 

• 2 weeks later...
      //making things really simple till i make a better formula
$modifier = 10;
      $attackChance = $this->user->char->UC_lvl * 2;
      $attackChance = $attackChance * $modifier;

$defenderChance = $userToAttack->char->UC_lvl * 2;
      $defenderChance = $defenderChance * $modifier;

$attackDice = mt_rand(1,$attackChance);
      $defenderDice = mt_rand(1, $defenderChance);

if($defenderDice > $attackDice)
      {
        $this->addMugLog($this->user->info->U_id, $this->user->char->UC_id, $this->user->char->UC_lvl, $userID, $charID, $userToMug->char->UC_lvl, 0, 'fail');
  die($this->page->buildElement('error', array("text" => "You failed to mug $victimURL's character " . $userToMug->char->UC_nickname . "!")));  
      }

$lowAmount = $modifier;
      $highAmount = ($attackChance - $defenderChance) + $modifier
      $damage = mt_rand($lowAmount, $highAmount);

I think this is my formula will be using for mugging & attacking. I have to alter my item mod then include those calculations for individual characters instead of actuall player. Thoughts?

Edit: I have not been posting many updates as I been jumping around with my coffee here and there.  :). 

Today I done a bunch of back end stuff with the user characters. This was so I could more easily log things and stat tracking. Then I touched almost every mod alley created. Crimes, theft, mugging, travel, police chase,. Now with that dude I can finally do some things I been wanting to.

I deleted all characters created, which wasn't many.  Hopefully by end of weekend, I can fix interface a bit more so people can play tes do

• Like 1

It's been a long weekend doing a lot more backend stuff with my item system. I had to adjust almost every function to get it to work with individual characters.

If it wasn't my code, I would probably still be working on it. 🙂 With two separate copies of the item system, I most likely to mix something up in the future. 😕

• 3 weeks later...

As my game features are expanding more and more, before things get to out of control. I would have to edit every mod to get it to work on any GL game. For ex: I have already made several improvements to my item system, but unable to pinpoint my changes. Any mods that would use my item system, wouldnt work with anyone who purchased my item system.

So, with this being said, i will developing everything for eeg GL v2 then port to my game. MULTIPLE CHARACTERS and all jQuery/aJax calls makes it harder for me to ro diode it back to GL. I will code it for GL, then my game. A week break and thinking saved me.