MakeWebGames

Looking for an mccode v2 mod

MNG

29 minutes ago, sniko said:

I doubt you'll get interest without supplying more information... and if you do get interest, why are you intentionally putting friction on discussions about it?

I honestly thought I typed more than that sorry. Was a bit in a hurry but I wanted a feature where players have 5 options to choose from when they first login. Once they choose it they get sent to a certain city. And a profile banner shows which group they’re in.  I know this have a name but I can’t figure out what’s it call.

15 hours ago, MNG said:

I honestly thought I typed more than that sorry. Was a bit in a hurry but I wanted a feature where players have 5 options to choose from when they first login. Once they choose it they get sent to a certain city. And a profile banner shows which group they’re in.  I know this have a name but I can’t figure out what’s it call.

Player classes + player class-based locations?
System factions (not gangs)?

4 hours ago, Magictallguy said:

Player classes + player class-based locations?
System factions (not gangs)?

Right on the target!

player classes what’s it called.  Yeah nothing to simple, it just put them in a city and give them a banner of what class they are.

24 minutes ago, MNG said:

Right on the target!

player classes what’s it called.  Yeah nothing to simple, it just put them in a city and give them a banner of what class they are.

Easy enough to do?

Create a separate table called `player_classes` and have columns set as `id`, `name`, `location`, `banner`.

Input your player classes details, and reference location by `location_id` from `locations` table.

Add a new column to `users`, called `player_class`, store data through integer - correlating to the appropriate `id` set in `player_classes`.

Reference the player class detail through a left join query or create class functions to call the necessary data.

Add a dropdown/checkbox player class option in register and send the data on signup.

Edited by Spydre452
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...