MakeWebGames

Developer Support (Feedback)

Sim

I just got a negative review saying my support sucks for a mod I released. Here's the link. Included is my response that I shouldn't have included but it shows what I did once I found out I released a mod that didn't work %100 and then the conversation between me and the reviewer.

I am expecting honest feedback and suggestions if you believe my  support could have been better. 

Edit: forgot link

Edited by Sim

when someone come to you about a mod, your response shouldn’t be “download the newer version”, what happens when that buyer engine is modified? I guess all the recent mods that was built in this month was the old version cause I had no problem installing.

So, I assume sense I can’t use this mod even after I sent you my file and your response was STILL download the recent engine, am I entitled to a refund?

• Like 1

I would recommend explicitly declaring which version of GLv2 your module works with, if there are limitations of older versions that don't allow this to work you should aim to let people know before they purchase it.

There could be other customizations that don't allow people to upgrade, so you've gotta be mindful of that.

Software development is not easy, nor is supporting those who purchase your software 🙂

• Like 2

@MNG you did not mention one time you had a older version of GL installed. I did just message you what I think should fix the issue. The login file you have and the one that's needed will not interfere with any of your other modifications.

Edit: what version of GL are you running? If you say it doesn't fix the error, I will verify it didn't and if you are correct I will issue a refund (after messaging @Dayo

But the point of this topic is not too get into a debate about who is right or wrong but to get feedback on my customer service skills from this experience. And to improve in the future.  It just so happens that you are the person I had this encounter with, so don't take it personal. I'm not.

So if we can take the support back to private messages please 

I . Going to start listing what versions my mods work on straight out of the box.

BTW, the issue with the older version we did get resolved. Simply overwrote his older login.inc file since no modifications was done to it.

Edited by Sim

4 minutes ago, BeNiiiBoiii said:

Is the module down for good or being updated? Went to grab latest version and not there 😑

It's waiting to be approved. Ive messaged everyone the latest file that needs updated. 

• Like 1