MakeWebGames

Sims topic for GL typo's, possible bugs, ect.

Sim

Since I am just starting to use GL, I will be tearing this code apart line by line at one point or another so when I encounter anything that seems out of the ordinary, I will post here. Since the majority of them will be dumb things like the one below.

Forgotpassword_admin says "Theme options updated". I'm sure it ment username options updated or something of the likes.

Screenshot_20200407-004152.png

the major issue i have come across is when method_exists is called on module loading it break the whole game layout. If the action of the module is undefined it returns null but if you try returning something like a 404 page it breaks admin module actions as they run on a different loader to the main modules.

4 hours ago, Dave said:

I believe you could post issues on the GL GitHub to help @Dayo manage the issues 😌

I'm to lazy to do that from a cellphone. This will have to work. As long as people don't post a thousand dumb replies, all would be well. 

I noticed that pages like Login, Registration, Forgot password are still accessible to users, even if they are logged in

if($this->user->loggedin){ header("Location:?page=" . $this->page->landingPage); exit; }

more when you put this code in and if you are not logged in, it says that “logged in” is not an object.

Edited by Glock1533

2 hours ago, Glock1533 said:

I noticed that pages like Login, Registration, Forgot password are still accessible to users, even if they are logged in

if($this->user->loggedin){ header("Location:?page=" . $this->page->landingPage); exit; }

more when you put this code in and if you are not logged in, it says that “logged in” is not an object.

yes i posted this exact issue to github couple weeks back

https://github.com/ChristopherDay/Gangster-Legends-V2/issues/36

when i posted this didn't double check, should have been.

if(isset($this->user->loggedin)){
	header("Location:?page=" . $this->page->landingPage);
	exit;
}

should go in construct function of each of the files.

27 minutes ago, urbanmafia said:

if(isset($this->user->loggedin)){ header("Location:?page=" . $this->page->landingPage); exit; }

exit;
}

why not ?

$this->page->redirectTo($this->page->landingPage);
}

24 minutes ago, Sim said:

@urbanmafia what files? The ones @Glock1533 mentioned?

While looking at the bank module, I didn't see anything stopping someone from entering a negative# unless I overlooked it.

yes if you look at the issue i posted on github a couple weeks back it was login.inc.php, forgotPassword.inc.php, register.inc.php. that line needs to be added to stop users accessing them when logged in.

6 minutes ago, ags_cs4 said:

why not ?

if(isset($this->user->loggedin)){ $this->page->redirectTo($this->page->landingPage); }

$this->page->redirectTo($this->page->landingPage);
}

that would work better was just a simple fix i posted but your way would be better

@Sim also with bank there is a check on line 69 and line 94 of bank.inc.php to check if its a negative 

Edited by urbanmafia

yours get the job done, but i didnt want to use it like that im gona make seo link (www.gamename.com/crimes/1 ...) so i needed all redirect/links to be editable in one place (a function)to make easy for me, tho still didnt finish it have lot going on 😕 

2 minutes ago, ags_cs4 said:

yours get the job done, but i didnt want to use it like that im gona make seo link (www.gamename.com/crimes/1 ...) so i needed all redirect/links to be editable in one place (a function)to make easy for me, tho still didnt finish it have lot going on 😕 

yes make sense i'm currently doing the same with my game but ive made a routing class instead of using .htaccess rewrites so everything passes through the class and gets converted out to the user.

2 minutes ago, urbanmafia said:

yes make sense i'm currently doing the same with my game but ive made a routing class instead of using .htaccess rewrites so everything passes through the class and gets converted out to the user.

that even better than mine xDDD i was using .htaccess

1 hour ago, urbanmafia said:

if(isset($this->user->loggedin)){ header("Location:?page=" . $this->page->landingPage); exit; }

exit;
}

It should ideally go in the parent constructor which I would assume without looking, the Module class. 

Edited by KyleMassacre