MakeWebGames

Facing Rejection

The Coder

So in past year I've probably sent out thousands of CV's and Personal Statements, even to the jobs I thought I'd never find myself working. But all to no avail, some with rejection and some which haven't even bothered to get back to me. I can say openly, this is quite upsetting to say the least. And I can't tell you how many interviews where I've had employers look at my records and tell me I don't meet the requirements.

How do you deal with crap like this?

Make yourself stand out.

If you're going for a programming job, set-up a GitHub (or something alike) and make public repositories to show your abilities. Have a personal site, and link the employer to there - which has your portfolio, and CV. Go job hunting on Linkedin (recruitment centers are hawks on there).

some which haven't even bothered to get back to me.

Did you just send it once, and wait for a reply? Send one a week, every week until you get a response. If their response is "no", then ask if you can volunteer. Volunteering will not only show you want to work for them, but will give them an extra trail period for you... because corporates love people who will work for them for free.

Oh, and if you're using the handle "The Coder" elsewhere, try not acting like a total-internetz-badass on here - people/employers hate that - be supportive to everyone you come in contact with.

Yes, I'll repeat...To no avail.

Now bare in mind MWG and programming in general is just a pass-time.

As for volunteery. I've done many. Didn't lead to much.

Please can you PM me your CV, and I'll read through it, and see where you can improve - as this is what the company is primarily basing their initial decision on.

First impression is always what they look for, if you did not provide anything recognizable to them, then they move on to the next candidate, it would help you to at least show others what you would have listed, if it is personal just make up something in those places, for an example.... It may help you, if someone can help you on this forum.

Ahhh. *facepalm*

Im asking how do you move on from rejection.

lol......

hypothetically speaking, i move on real quick, and think positive,why be stuck in a rut of one rejection? or several? Just because you have been rejected does not mean you will ALWAYS be rejected...... Do something that you know you can succeed at, and move on!

Fair enough. Just don't directly give me advice. Just tell your ways, and I'll take in whatever it is I need. Future posters do NOT give an essay on how I should overcome. Comprendo?

But this thread is to directly help your problem that you posted. How can we give you help if we can't "directly give you advice".

I don't think you're serious about this thread, because you're limiting the help the community can give you by your last sentence "Future posters do NOT give an essay on how I should overcome." - You're very clearly holding onto the rejections you've had and letting them lead your life; that, or you won't accept any help directly because of your ego.

But this thread is to directly help your problem that you posted. How can we give you help if we can't "directly give you advice".

I don't think you're serious about this thread, because you're limiting the help the community can give you by your last sentence "Future posters do NOT give an essay on how I should overcome." - You're very clearly holding onto the rejections you've had and letting them lead your life; that, or you won't accept any help directly because of your ego.

Ghandi, is th...that you?

Now this guy gets it to some extent.

Please read below.

You're born, you take sh1t. You get out in the world, you take more sh1t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh1t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh1t even looks like.

Welcome to the layer cake, son.

You have nothing to fear of we all had it worst and some are still in the pit hole.

Once I got an interview request at a company on the other side of the country. I borrowed some money (pretty broke back then) and got on a two day journey. I took a series of tests and failed. Someone else was better. But now I knew the questions and got prepared.

Next time I got an interview request in the capital I borrowed again money and this time was different. Not only that I pass the test they wanted me to sign the contract the same day and in 5 days I was on plane to Holland.

If you truly desire to work for some company it will happen have no doubt.

I would suggest to go into a business mindset instead of an employee.

Now that you have some interview experience, you know what is required. Work on improving that.

Listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sa2AmQortk

also

Search for Anthony Robbins seminars. He helped me allot.

Good luck.

You have nothing to fear of we all had it worst and some are still in the pit hole.

Once I got an interview request at a company on the other side of the country. I borrowed some money (pretty broke back then) and got on a two day journey. I took a series of tests and failed. Someone else was better. But now I knew the questions and got prepared.

Next time I got an interview request in the capital I borrowed again money and this time was different. Not only that I pass the test they wanted me to sign the contract the same day and in 5 days I was on plane to Holland.

If you truly desire to work for some company it will happen have no doubt.

I would suggest to go into a business mindset instead of an employee.

Now that you have some interview experience, you know what is required. Work on improving that.

Listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sa2AmQortk

also

Search for Anthony Robbins seminars. He helped me allot.

Good luck.

Great advice, just one question, I searched "Anthony Robbins seminars" but I got a bunch of Tony's? Is that same guy?