MakeWebGames

Release of yet another game engine?

As long as it's an engine, and not a out-of-the-box game masked/branded as an "engine" ;) Go for it.

Itself would be an engine, the first modules will be more geared towards mafia style, however there will be maybe blog modules, forums, basic user profiles etc. I will try to be as generic as I can. I intend to have a translate system, so not only translate the game to a different language but also a different genre of game.

No idea whether I will release, I have something in the works but meh, who knows.

I'm going to say no.

Unless you're releasing this engine to address a serious problem(s) with the other engines available.

If not, then why instead of creating yet another engine focus your energy on improving the existing ones.

That's my thoughts, I do wish you the best of luck however. :)

I'm going to say no.

Unless you're releasing this engine to address a serious problem(s) with the other engines available.

If not, then why instead of creating yet another engine focus your energy on improving the existing ones.

That's my thoughts, I do wish you the best of luck however. :)

Improving something code wise like MCCodes would have to have an entire rewrite anyway. The mods I have released for MCCodes didn't get much feedback so, from that perspective I see it as a waste of time.

Improving something code wise like MCCodes would have to have an entire rewrite anyway. The mods I have released for MCCodes didn't get much feedback so, from that perspective I see it as a waste of time.

I didn't specifically say MCCodes, there's always NWE, Panther, GL so on and so forth.

But I do get your point, I hope you understand mine though.

The last thing we need is another engine to do the exact same as every other engine, what would really be beneficial would be the existing ones to become solid all-round-good engines.

I think there is still room in the market.

That is why I, along with a friend or 2, will be releasing one shortly.

What does it do over current releases?

Shows people that using 3rd party applications can benefit a game and increase speed.

* separation of logic

* abstraction classes

* templating system

* improved mail functions

* server logging

Just a few things that will be implemented.

Won't be very useful for the people stuck in the mc code style of programming, but if willing to research, play and learn, will put them in better standing to gain the experience needed to be able to work in a commercial programming environment.

Shows people that using 3rd party applications can benefit a game and increase speed.

* separation of logic

* abstraction classes

* templating system

* server logging

Won't be very useful for the people stuck in the mc code style of programming, but if willing to research, play and learn, will put them in better standing to gain the experience needed to be able to work in a commercial programming environment.

This and !Angel's engine excite me a lot.

I'll release some modules for both once they release to help push them to wider audiences.

* separation of logic

* abstraction classes

* templating system

* server logging

Open source?

* separation of logic

* abstraction classes

* templating system

* server logging

Yeah, I was looking at its site and the site was sweet!

• 4 weeks later...

There is always room for something new; especially an engine. Everyone writes them different to suite different peoples needs. There is currently not one engine which can make all types of games. Choose a market and focus on it. I personally am designing an engine for my own games to launch many different website and might create an api for the future. I have been wanting to do it for years and just never have been happy with what I have developed but finally started this newest one and its coming out great. I can not wait for more people to use it and get feedback to some of the cool things to come for it to do.

• 1 month later...

Is this still in the works? Site mentioned seems to be dead now. I am back to looking for an engine to use. There are a ton of basically abandoned or not updated in years projects, but it actually seems to be pretty hard to find a good one that is being actively developed.