MakeWebGames

Ageless Chaos

Magictallguy

After 2 months of virtually non-stop development, Ageless Chaos is now ready to be played.

Advance through the ages, unlock new technologies, visit the eras from the Ice Age to the Space Age - Ageless Chaos is a text-based RPG, rated PG15.

It is powered by entirely my own code, and runs like a dream!

Daily updates (be it server-side, or client-side), and plenty of new content (which currently on 9 pieces of paper taped together with masking tape!) up and coming, this is a fun game to play.

Please keep in mind that it was released today (22/04/2013), so the amount of players is, naturally, low. There's still plenty for you to do.

--

To the developers: This is a real time game that is not cron based.

Edited by Magictallguy
Correcting a grammatical error on the topic title

After 2 months of virtually non-stop development, Ageless Chaos is now ready to be played.

Advance through the ages, unlock new technologies, visit the eras from the Ice Age to the Space Age - Ageless Chaos is a text-based RPG, rated PG15.

Daily updates (be it server-side, or client-side), and plenty of new content (which currently on 9 pieces of paper taped together with masking tape!) up and coming, this is a fun game to play.

Please keep in mind that it was released today (22/04/2013), so the amount of players is, naturally, low. There's still plenty for you to do.

--

To the developers: This is a real time game that is not cron based.

Warning: include_once(/home/content/52/10952552/captcha_23475hnwd/securimage.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/52/10952552/html/register.php on line 3

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/content/52/10952552/captcha_23475hnwd/securimage.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/52/10952552/html/register.php on line 3

Fatal error: Class 'Securimage' not found in /home/content/52/10952552/html/register.php on line 4

Not a very good start.

On the log in page the username and password are not centered correctly either.

Good luck tho.

Well... I'm stuck in jail so I can't do much however...

Register I then have to login.

Crimes way to difficult/ costly for a new game.

level 5 off only two successful crimes?

forums have links to threads that no longer exist.

44 minutes with no way to escape jail? (again off the only crime I could do).

What makes an "opening" on current terms as it is, a downfall for the future, people see it as it is (plain old mcc default features), move along and won't be coming back.

And as Dominion also stated... ratios are simply... off the roof, either too difficult to get or too easy.

I was intrigued by your use of the word "entirely". So i signed up, but looking around, alot of the game seems like it is mccodes copied and pasted.

Just wanted to clarify if you ment it was just the code running the game that is as you stated, or everything including the looks that is your own code?

I was intrigued by your use of the word "entirely". So i signed up, but looking around, alot of the game seems like it is mccodes copied and pasted.

Just wanted to clarify if you ment it was just the code running the game that is as you stated, or everything including the looks that is your own code?

I've recoded MC Craps in its' entirety. Now, there's not a shred of Crap anywhere on Ageless Chaos.

I've also said multiple times throughout the forum that I'm absolute sh*te when it comes to layouts, so I stuck with what I know - whilst the layout is *similar* to MC Craps, it is most definitely not MC Craps.

I will provide code snippets upon request

I've recoded MC Craps in its' entirety. Now, there's not a shred of Crap anywhere on Ageless Chaos.

I've also said multiple times throughout the forum that I'm absolute sh*te when it comes to layouts, so I stuck with what I know - whilst the layout is *similar* to MC Craps, it is most definitely not MC Craps.

I will provide code snippets upon request

What Hedge seems to mean is did you use mccodes as a template to create it? Layout aside much of the gameplay (e.g. crystal temple, how will is used, gangs etc...) resembles mcc.

What Hedge seems to mean is did you use mccodes as a template to create it? Layout aside much of the gameplay (e.g. crystal temple, how will is used, gangs etc...) resembles mcc.

Ah, I misunderstood you then.

Yes, I did use MC Craps as a template. I don't have much of an imagination, so that worked for me.

I'm shortly going to be implementing a brand new system - I'm just allowing people to get used to the feel of the game as it is.

If your going to try to implement a new system. I would recommend redoing it AGAIN as it would make it harder modifying everything in the long end. Take it from personal experience. Unless you are using that as a base.

For the most part, all I need to do is flick a switch and it's on ;)