MakeWebGames

Year 1920 - The Game: Sequel

HauntedDawg

Year1920 - The Game

GRp5g.png

Year 1920 - The Game.

Taking place back in the 1920's when prohibition was around and the crime wave was high.

You arrive as an immigrant to the USA in New York trying to make a dream come true and start a new life.

Though it's not as easy as it seems once you arrive. With little work for you to do and food to eat, you need to make a quick buck fast.

What will you do is up to you, there is no right way out of this.

Release Date: 1st July 2012

Team: Peter Leaman, Kyle Mulder.

Behind the story

As most of you already know, Year1920 has been in development for well over a year now. Peter found himself needing a developer for year1920, which i took up the offer. When i first saw how slow the original modified mccode year1920 was, i decided to rebuilt it from scratch.

Re-development started on 2012/03/06 and a mere 8 hours a week was spent on it due to real life job. While Peter supplied awesome design's, i supplied smooth, efficient programming. To this day, the game has been perfected for all browser's, and visual for everyone. Only Peter and myself have been the sole developers on the new platform.

A month after development, and we had a stable, basic platform. From there, we've been adding in the functionality.

This game is not intended to be an engine for sale, but rather, a platform where we ("Peter Leaman" & Myself "Kyle Mulder"), can use for future game's if need be.

What is going to stand out to me?

First of all, even without the backend programming. The design is amazing! Inside and outside, and you'll be sure to be surprised by the amount of time taken to get to where it is at the moment.

Our Self-Economy-Stabilizer (Here on out known as SES):

The SES system will take into consideration of all the feature's, so inflation is stopped. While there is a mass demand for certain item's, those prices shall rise, and for those that don't have demand, shall decrease. Not just that, but the crime system, job system is all included in the SES. Our main goal is to keep it self stabilized without the need of admins.

Rich enhancements of Asynchronous loading.

You will be required to have Javascript enabled at all time's..

After launch, a non javascript required platform will be created.

Please visit our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/Year1920

Once launched, weekly prizes will be given via facebook. Remember to like us to stand a chance!

~ Year1920 - The Game

Edited by HauntedDawg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other then the SES (something I'm not really sure players will notice day to day) what features do you have that will keep someone playing the game? If you don't want to say yet that's fair enough, but you haven't really made the game seem unique on the players front from the post.

On a positive note: Judging by the login page the design of your site is very nice.

I hope the content matches the quality of the design.

Mafia theme of any sort just doesnt interest me at all but good luck with it I hope it goes well.

I would generally agree, but "Road To Perdition" as a game? Could be a winner. :P

Hey, copywriting is no joke. I'm still struggling over a little paragraph description. :P

Design is pretty sick, though.

The design is good no question on that however its the content, game play and overall if the game develops a community or not that counts which has yet to be seen.

I wish Peter and HD the best of luck with it.

The design is good no question on that however its the content, game play and overall if the game develops a community or not that counts which has yet to be seen.

I wish Peter and HD the best of luck with it.

Thanks for your interest and ill answer.

No, we did not just create module's out of the blue, each module in the game has been put through some thought. Each module is visually designed based on its concept and fits the overall game design "The 1920's". We are hoping with the first week, we will be able to tell what the user's want added, or removed.

We have many way's we are going to develop a community for the game. But that shall not be discussed here.

We are nearing our release! This Sunday!

And just to give a few head's up for what's been done since this thread till now.

# Support Tickets:

- Standard ticketing system for help.

# Reports:

- Similar to event's. But they are categorized on year1920.

# Profile Settings -> Profile Picture:

- Allows you to either, Upload, Enter URL or Capture Via Webcam.

Thing's are going good! And plenty more modules to be created. Hope to see you all there!

Dominion: Are you assessing the game from just this post or from looking at the Facebook page? As the game itself is from scratch and takes a different path of game play than from what most you will see.

I didn't look at the facebook page. The screen shots do show it much better, at least shows it's different from the stock site posted on here. I wish you the best of luck, and will be checking the site out when it opens.

We are nearing our release! This Sunday!

And just to give a few head's up for what's been done since this thread till now.

# Support Tickets:

- Standard ticketing system for help.

# Reports:

- Similar to event's. But they are categorized on year1920.

# Profile Settings -> Profile Picture:

- Allows you to either, Upload, Enter URL or Capture Via Webcam.

Thing's are going good! And plenty more modules to be created. Hope to see you all there!

Damn, i go on holiday on the saturday xD

Ah well I'll sign up when i get back, or if i can get wifi in the hotel :P

Anyway Best of luck to you guys.

May the force be with you. :)