• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Year 1920 - Update

Hello MakeWebGames Community,

It has been a while since I have actually came on to this site, this is partially due to the hectic schedule I have at work (travelling to different states every week for the next year or so). We been progressing on the website, and I know that we have already missed a couple of delays of release, which definitely does not look professional and we are sorry about this. We are not doing this on purpose, however, Kyle and I both have full-time jobs and we are working on the game whenever we have the spare time available. Now, we don't want to worry people that the game won't be worked on as we release, as we have a plan that is about to be put into place. We been saving cash to hire a full-time programmer to come on board and work on the site when we are not around.

The main question we get is that are we almost done with the game? Yes. We are very close, not so much left to do on the game for beta release. We have a list of 22 items, ranging from quick changes to full features (3 full features), in which we must accomplish before releasing the game to beta. We also have a 4.5 minute introduction video currently being produced. The key to this video as that this will be used throughout the game and videos will pop-up as you play the game and finish certain milestones within the game. This is to create a story board that people will be able to follow and interact with,as well, as give it a little more entertaining touch. Attached are some screenshots throughout the game, though there are a lot more involved than just what is provided.

We appreciate everyone who are still interested in staying with us, we really do appreciate it. If anyone has any questions or would like to get in contact me, I am normally on Skype at pleaman05.

Screenshot Link: http://www.year1920.com/screenshot.png

Thank you for your time,

Pete Leaman

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Too graphical imo, not enough gameplay, played in BETA for about 5 minutes, the clutter just put me off, everywhere you look there is something, very distracting from the gameplay.

Too graphical imo, not enough gameplay, played in BETA for about 5 minutes, the clutter just put me off, everywhere you look there is something, very distracting from the gameplay.

Yeah, we took a gamble with the amount of graphics in the game, however most of the players love it. I understand there will be a small percentage of people who just will not even continue because it has a lot of graphics, but overall I think it brings in an interactivity into the game which so far the player said they like most about the game. We hope to continue on adding more features which will bring people over, as we understand we don't have a crap ton of features. We just recently added the 'Extortion' feature and now are in the process of the 'Multi-Job' feature. I think with these two added, it will definitely keep people busy.

Yeah, we took a gamble with the amount of graphics in the game, however most of the players love it. I understand there will be a small percentage of people who just will not even continue because it has a lot of graphics, but overall I think it brings in an interactivity into the game which so far the player said they like most about the game. We hope to continue on adding more features which will bring people over, as we understand we don't have a crap ton of features. We just recently added the 'Extortion' feature and now are in the process of the 'Multi-Job' feature. I think with these two added, it will definitely keep people busy.

I fail to see how it adds interactivity to the game. Take Torn for example, 1 of the biggest games around, just look at this http://www.torn.com/images/newsletter/respo-profile-pc.jpg , it's simple and perfect in almost every aspect, then take your game, it's got a thousand graphics and such forth, either way good luck I might take a look around occasionally to see how it improves but yeh, good luck.

Your register also states no special characters, I seemed to be able to register using a "!".

Extortion is weird as well, I can click the button loads of times to fill up my action log however the numbers still stay at 1,2,3,4 and a 2 hour wait is crazy

Edited by Guest

If players wanted interactivity to the level you are attempting they would play an MMORPG or a console/PC game.

Meh, big dissapointment. Thought the graphics looked great from the screenshots you were giving us before the realise, but seeing the final product... you tried way too hard. Navigating around is pretty hard, and sorry to say but I expected alot more.

Sounds to me like your a hater LMAO using torn as your argument is quite dumb since torn is adding MORE AND MORE graphics as time goes by. We live in a graphical age so get used to seeing graphics. I can guarantee peters game sees more success than any other game posted on this forum once he fixes the functionality. The huge wait times combined with the little gains does make it a pain but your acting like its flat out horrible when its the best game I've seen in years and I've seen you give horrible mccodes games more props. Then picking at the registration lol your just looking for any reason not to like it how about you do something to A. Help it. or B. Create something better than it. You just seem pretty butt hurt.

Peters game is a well constructed game. Most of you are just looking at the game cant figure it out fully so you rate it horribly. It takes a while to adjust to something new and different but you need to get used to it because in my opinion he just did something I think youll see a lot more text games learning towards. These insane type of graphics will be what keeps text alive. It definitely needs a pace change and more functionality and a lot less just sitting and waiting around but this is just the start. It has potential and anyone who pretends to be oblivious to that is clearly not someone very knowledgeable of gaming.

PS: This is coming from someone who has only ever posted negatively on this forum...You guys need to give it a closer look without your heads in your ***es :)

Hmmmmmm.

I don't know what to make of this post, it starts off negative then goes to positive. Its like a brain overload. Can it be there is a soft spot?

Any ways back on topic, though I have never signed up for torn and probably seen their home page like once or twice but I hear its super successful so good for them.

Y1920 is probably one of the most appealing games I have seen and you can see all the hard work that was put into it so kudos to you peter and team. There are quite a few features that I have seen that I haven't seen in a game at least in a while or done as nicely.

Seriously, what game can you spiffy up your apartment and give it a little pizzazz?

I'd give it 8/10. -2 for it being really difficult to play on a phone so maybe an app? I'm not going to dock points because of some bugs or feature tweaks that need to take place because there isn't one site out there that is perfect. So as I said before Great Job and Good Luck homie!

[...] These insane type of graphics will be what keeps text alive[...]

Isn't that a contradiction?

I think it looks awesome, I've only really looked at the screenshots / previews during development, so I cannot vouch game play wise.

However I do take note, not all game players play for the graphics.

You can have the best graphics on the market, if the game is still poor in terms of playability then guess what, the game is crap albeit fancy looking crap.

Good job Peter, The layout looks good and I like the character setup that's something only see on mobile mafia games so I definitely will stick around to see how the game goes.

Shooting Range - I had that in my to do list were people bought guns and they can level the gun up.

City Map- I like how you hover over it and it tells you what you able to go to.

I have to get use to this the layout 100% confuse but i'm getting their.

I like how you have a quick bar at the bottom.

Dislike so far is the jobs I took it and was un aware I wasn't able to access any other pages.

Edited by MNG

Sounds to me like your a hater LMAO using torn as your argument is quite dumb since torn is adding MORE AND MORE graphics as time goes by. We live in a graphical age so get used to seeing graphics. I can guarantee peters game sees more success than any other game posted on this forum once he fixes the functionality. The huge wait times combined with the little gains does make it a pain but your acting like its flat out horrible when its the best game I've seen in years and I've seen you give horrible mccodes games more props. Then picking at the registration lol your just looking for any reason not to like it how about you do something to A. Help it. or B. Create something better than it. You just seem pretty butt hurt.

Peters game is a well constructed game. Most of you are just looking at the game cant figure it out fully so you rate it horribly. It takes a while to adjust to something new and different but you need to get used to it because in my opinion he just did something I think youll see a lot more text games learning towards. These insane type of graphics will be what keeps text alive. It definitely needs a pace change and more functionality and a lot less just sitting and waiting around but this is just the start. It has potential and anyone who pretends to be oblivious to that is clearly not someone very knowledgeable of gaming.

PS: This is coming from someone who has only ever posted negatively on this forum...You guys need to give it a closer look without your heads in your ***es :)

OMG NOOOO NOT BEING BUT HURT OMG. Shut up kid. Pretty sure Peter wants valid feedback and we are all entitled to our own opinion so how about you get your head out your arse. Torn may be adding more and more graphics but it doesn't look like an art gallery does it.... You've seen me give MCCodes games more props? So what I go back to having my own opinion. Actually I am giving feedback, technically the registration could be labeled a bug as it's misinformed.

Why would I try and create something better, if simply graphics is what your after go play a console game. I prefer simplicity over complexity, so by your views all my games suck suck ass anyway

• 1 month later...