MakeWebGames

Year 1920 - The Game: Sequel

HauntedDawg

We are currently working as fast as possible to get it up, however we were hit with a little delay. Just recently, the state that I am currently residing in received a severe storm which knocked out the power state right, over 3million residents are currently out of power. We are slowly getting the power back and so we are trying to get all the small components/touch-ups in the game done. Thank you for your patience and we are really sorry.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are currently working as fast as possible to get it up, however we were hit with a little delay. Just recently, the state that I am currently residing in received a severe storm which knocked out the power state right, over 3million residents are currently out of power. We are slowly getting the power back and so we are trying to get all the small components/touch-ups in the game done. Thank you for your patience and we are really sorry.

Its fine Peter :) Just had to mess with you alittle bit LOL

Hey Danny, i decided to create a new thread, as the other one landed up in 6 page's.

The Prequel is Peter's thread.

This has absoultely no point, but I think you miss the concept of what a prequel is, for you to have a prequel you must have an original, therefore Peter's thread would be the 'original' and there is no prequel.

Also prequel/sequel has no meaning in the context of forum threads.

I thought a prequel was something that came before a sequel. And I though the title ment the games sequel.

Prequel - Original - Sequel.

Prequel is generally set in times before the original, yet was created after the original;

Take a relatively new thing as an example, the Xmen films.

Xmen = Original.

Xmen2 & 3 are sequels to the original (providing I remember them well enough)

Xmen: First class and Wolverine are prequels.

*I like the Xmen films, but First class wasn't as good as the rest (so off topic)*

Probably should get back on topic now, really. :rolleyes:

For the title to ring true, there would have been a Year1920 game already out, and this is a new one, set in the same theme etc, which isn't the case.

So as I said, prequel/sequel has no meaning in the context of forum threads (as was HD's intentions).

Boy we're really getting hung up on the whole title situation, the game looks good. Best of luck with the release, whenever it comes about.

Edited by Djkanna

Sorry for the delay in response. We are near finish now. Our artist designer is finishing up the items and car images. As soon as we finish up with our first batch of art work we will be releasing beta. We are currently just touching up the pages and content while we wait. Here is a sample of what our weapon's will look like.

link: http://year1920.com/images/test.jpg

Thank you for your time and patience,

Peter Leaman

Edited by W3Theory || Peter

On the home page:

"

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'year1920_owner'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/year1920/public_html/class/class_db_mysql.php on line 51

FATAL ERROR: Could not connect to database on localhost (Access denied for user 'year1920_owner'@'localhost' (using password: YES))"

Yes that is because we are transferring it over to a dedicated server.

Surely you would of implemented a system to show a nice holding page/error page if a system was to fail?

The error makes it appear like you're still using McCodes. Cannot wait to see what you've created none the less.

Surely you would of implemented a system to show a nice holding page/error page if a system was to fail?

The error makes it appear like you're still using McCodes. Cannot wait to see what you've created none the less.

Yeah I can assure you it's not McCodes. I probably should of placed a holding page up before I made the post, but it is all good now. Thanks for the heads up!

Hang on, your now saying that this game is mccodes based due to an error that a PHP function produces?

They're not saying that. I was. Then HD confirmed that the script currently hosted on their website is in fact McCodes where as the live release which is hosted on his computer is not McCode.

Simples.

To clear thing's up.

The game that is going to be released is not even live. It's on my computer. The one you saw on year1920.com was the old mccode's one prior to me starting. Which does have a system to handle error page's.

Whats it doing there? As you was due for release nearly a week ago ?

Like mention before, the game before Kyle came on board had portions of McCodes still on it. When he joined the team, we decided to take a different path and started from scratch. This has already been stated. We left the original site up there as we worked on the new game/script on a development site and off-line on our own servers. We can assure that the game when release won't be like McCodes or have any McCodes in it. We would like to apologize for the delay in time since we are having hard time trying to get it done. We are trying to get it working properly so even when released to beta testers that it looks like each features connects with each other. So there has been a lot of editing and then we re-look at the game over and over again to make sure that each feature makes sense.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Edited by W3Theory || Peter

Like mention before, the game before Kyle came on board had portions of McCodes still on it. When he joined the team, we decided to take a different path and started from scratch. This has already been stated. We left the original site up there as we worked on the new game/script on a development site and off-line on our own servers. We can assure that the game when release won't be like McCodes or have any McCodes in it. We would like to apologize for the delay in time since we are having hard time trying to get it done. We are trying to get it working properly so even when released to beta testers that it looks like each features connects with each other. So there has been a lot of editing and then we re-look at the game over and over again to make sure that each feature makes sense.

Thank you for your time and patience.

This post clears up all your moaning about this being an McCodes game.

Now stay on topic.

I didn't care if it was mccodes or not. However I am sick of the same people bitching about other peoples games, and saying that they are ran off mccodes, and they never had the prove, but yet when they are caught red handed themselves, they try to cover it up.. hypocrites if you ask me... I barely know any of you, only know a few outside this forum, I been a member since 09' and all I have seen is the very same selective individuals arguing over what engine others use for their game, when it all comes down to it, it should not matter what engine anyone uses it's their business what engine they want to use for their game, but do not go around being a hypocrite if your doing the same thing you are accusing others of doing...

Sorry that I was off topic, it's nothing against anyone i promise you that. I stated a few facts that was the obvious, without reading where they still had the old game up and not the new one.

• 1 month later...

Time for an long overdue update.

Thing's are being finalized, the content adding is a lot more time consuming than thought. The last bit's of page's are being put into place along with graphic design touch ups and linking of the feature's. Then it's to Beta release.

I will ask Peter to stop by this page to show a couple screen shot's of the work that's been done.

Thank's everyone.