MakeWebGames

Locking of old threads

What about the threads where the switchover has altered code, etc?

Most of the mistakes are very simple and easy to fix. Such as print "this is common <a href="dosomething.php">";

Im getting a parse error help! Even though this is a very easy to fix basic PHP problem.

I agree 100%. But I foresee brand new threads being opened because people like their work done for them rather than learn themselves. Then we get lots and lots of "I found this x mod and am getting an error. Fix it for me."

Pointless.

Well i dont see any problem with old threads being replied to...... If someone is new to the board and wants to comment on it I think they have the right to. Just because all you old members dont like it I dont see that as being a valid point.

its better that they are opened, then if someone finds a mistake they can post, instead of reopening another thread. I do agree though about old topics being locked, but that will only lead to more threads being created on same topic...

If they are old, I'm sure no-one will be using the mod, as every mod in this place is posted about 1000 times... If they are desperate, I'm sure they could go on chat, message the op, or a respected member of the community, a staff member (different from respected) or just damn well learn bast..ing PHP

Its not that at all John.

A valid post fine. However there was a fine example of this today. Topic from 2009 where the conversation was resurrected. I mean cmon any need for it? just pointless.

I totally understand about the stupid responses like "Nice Mod". But honestly if someone is new to the forum and finds a mod from lets say 2009 and wants to comment on it in a legitimate manner I see no reason why that cant but if its locked then they wont have the opportunity too. I think it will just cause alot of new and useless threads

This is what I don't like, I did an example just to show.

http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/36327-No-idea?p=255888&viewfull=1#post255888

A topic over a year old, and I continued the conversation, for no aparent reason, there is no need for people doing this, that's why I agree we should lock most old topics, sure leave the mods open if you like but these ones have no need to be still open.

in 2009 1059 people joined

out of 1059 people 34 are still active (posted within a month)

the folowing link shows the people who joined between 30/12/2008 - 01/01/20010 and posted within the last month

http://makewebgames.io/memberlist.php?s=&ausername=&homepage=&field1=&field2=&field3=&field4=&icq=&aim=&msn=&yahoo=&skype=&postslower=&postsupper=&joindateafter=2008-12-30&joindatebefore=2010-01-01&lastpostafter=2011-05-01&lastpostbefore=&sort=username&order=

btw i agree some posts should be locked but not all as there would be so many spam threads. we would have to make a whole new forum for mod suport before 20XX

Also there are only 150 odd people who have posted within a month so about 20% of our active members have been here for 2 years :/ infact 62 of the 150 odd active members have been here 2+ years :/

Edited by Dayo

Even dom, he didnt post though/I didnt see him. Surprising how many people here are from before 2010, seems were just addicted to it...

I was around. As sites died I became more active here.

Also there are only 150 odd people who have posted within a month so about 20% of our active members have been here for 2 years :/ infact 62 of the 150 odd active members have been here 2+ years :/

That is... lack of advertising I would guess.

MdShare was doing a lot of advertisement (payed and non) which has all been stopped since he sold the first time. I will not do it myself as I'm not the owner of the site nor I do gain anything from the forums. If CB and Dabs want to do it they should know how to do it as there is all the info on the site ;)