MakeWebGames

Current Known Issues

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately not... might of fixed the sql's but the actual code is still the same and not just on this mod, about 90% of mods i have been looking at are the same.

Simple fix! convert back to old forum and update server or change host's...

Not really a problem for me to fix the code but newbies it might be and you might lose new members this way?

As i said to start with Education mod http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/36224-EDUCATION-MOD-Totally-Re-worked-with-many-additional-Options.

[ EDIT A COURSE ] used to be <a href='staff_courses.php?action=editcourse'>[ EDIT A COURSE ]</a>

next

http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/38857-Drag-And-Drop-Equip-Remove-Weapons-Armour

scroll down to Djkanna's post

21 lines down same thing with the url instead of a href

next

http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/38310-War-Option

same thing again with [/url]

Thats just 3 i chose randomly and every one is the same since the upgrade. I'm not sure why your getting your back up so much unless you made the decision to change software.

I'm not sure if there is a step that I am missing or not ... but when ever I look at any of the mods ... I have to click on the "reply with quote" in order to see the code. Is there a setting that I should have set up in order to view the code without doing this?

Ok should have fixed and improved those PHP and CODE bb tags. Let me know (clearly) what / if it's still not ok.

To come back to the fact if I decided or not to choose VBulletin:

- Old code was not possible to maintain anymore. We wasn't able to update the soft, it was in a mixed / bad shape and it didn't do much of what we wanted to add (which is still not completely done here neither).

- Old code required a server just for itself... due to those database connections.

- Having the site on his own means a lot of money to be spent... for what? Do you pay something to visit it? Nope... so how do you think CB / Dabs pay back such hosting?

So to come back to your question, we (admin / owners / super-mods) decided that it could be a good choice to move, between the options we evaluated VBulletin come first also due to the fact we needed some sort of importer for WBB (the old soft).

Going back to the old code means, we loose whatever we did during this week, and we will end up with the old issues again, is it so smart? I don't think so, and I'm not alone in this case. Also it means MWG (whoever payed it) lost 285$ for the VB Suit we are using. Is that smart? Again I don't think so.

So investing a bit of time to make things work doesn't seems such a bad idea, all what I asked is where is the issue, not simply saying "nothing works". Does that takes you hours? Nope... maybe 2 min? Certainly not much more. On my side I invested about 30 hours over the move and the customizations of the new site. Nobody payed me btw.

also, for some issues it might be very helpful to us to upload a screenshot with it. It can be a huge description of a problem that just makes all our lives easier. More info for us, means it is also a lot easier to fix these issues!

For the private messages, the query must be only calling ones to show within a time period... I got rid of them by going to http://makewebgames.io/usercp.php and individually deleting them until I had none... Might want to check the query on the main inbox page and change the limit to show all messages then just a few Im guessing it only shows messages within a 7 day period, and not the prior ones someone may have.

• 3 weeks later...